PDA

View Full Version : MOTM Duke Vs Notre Dame

moonpie23
01-30-2018, 12:04 AM
Vote for your MOTM

jv001
01-30-2018, 12:14 AM
Grayson with a great all around game. Good to see the captain back.:cool: GoDuke!

BandAlum83
01-30-2018, 03:18 AM
Trent with his first double-double

OZZIE4DUKE
01-30-2018, 05:47 AM
Was going to vote for Gary Trent Jr., his getting a double double tipping my vote in his favor over Jack White, but seeing the list above changed my mind back to Jack White!

And it it was great having the real Grayson Allen return too!

OldPhiKap
01-30-2018, 06:18 AM
I think this is what folks in the biz call a “push poll.”

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

toughbuff1
01-30-2018, 06:26 AM
Trent had a huge game (and especially first half), and it was really nice to see Jack have such a major contribution, but to me, the most important thing was watching Grayson get his groove back. Hopefully he can carry this forward, we're going to need him playing at this level if we want to have a realistic shot an another natty.

CameronBornAndBred
01-30-2018, 06:57 AM
I could name a whole lotta guys before I'd vote for JW. He was fun to watch when he was in, but he got those minutes because the guys that needed to step up did step up. Trent gets my vote, but it was awesome to see Grayson having fun and looking his best.

curtis325
01-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Sorry there is not a real poll, because I was going to make a few folks scratch their heads. It was a good team win--Allen, Trent , and Carter were stars and well deserving of MOTM. And, of course it is Jack White's world we are living in. Nevertheless, my vote goes to Bolden and this one is personal. I'm happy to see Marques get 14 minutes and make positive contributions because, at this time, I am also rehabbing an MCL injury. An old guy in his mid-sixties does not bounce back as fast as a 20 year old athlete, but I'm also seeing progress. Let's go Duke and good luck Marques!

CDu
01-30-2018, 07:45 AM
For me it was Allen.

azzefkram
01-30-2018, 07:58 AM
So many good choices. A high quality problem. Sentimentality wins as I voted for Jack.

mgtr
01-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Has to be a great confidence-builder for this young man! Congratulations, Jack!

moonpie23
01-30-2018, 08:21 AM
please note that you can cast multiple votes.. ;)

CDu
01-30-2018, 08:27 AM

I don’t seem to be able to do so. Not that I would anyway though.

moonpie23
01-30-2018, 08:36 AM
well, it TOLD me that it was multiple choice.....but, i only cast one vote....I'm new to the MOTM poll thing......apologies if i snap-cracked it or twitted it or whatever...

Furniture
01-30-2018, 08:44 AM
The other cats could include the crazies maybe?
They did a great job on Mr. Airball. Did he even score a point after they started to chant that?

Acymetric
01-30-2018, 08:45 AM
Tempted to go Trent for his offensive outburst and rebounding, but I've gotta go Grayson for finally finding his shot (not to mention 8 assists and defense).

devildeac
01-30-2018, 09:03 AM

Just like an election in Cook County. (Oops, PPB material. Sorry. :o:rolleyes:)

camion
01-30-2018, 09:07 AM
Just like an election in Cook County. (Oops, PPB material. Sorry. :o:rolleyes:0

Discorporate does not mean disenfranchised. :)

devildeac
01-30-2018, 09:10 AM
I voted other, thinking about the guy who had the most, you know...

...rebounds. ;)

It was a whole lot of fun seeing Jack White "go off," especially with the reception he got from the guys on the floor with him, the guys on the bench, CIS in general, but, Grayson's actions/reactions were especially delightful.

devildeac
01-30-2018, 09:11 AM
Discorporate does not mean disenfranchised. :)

Nor deceased :rolleyes:.

DukeDevilDeb
01-30-2018, 09:31 AM
Sorry there is not a real poll, because I was going to make a few folks scratch their heads. It was a good team win--Allen, Trent , and Carter were stars and well deserving of MOTM. And, of course it is Jack White's world we are living in. Nevertheless, my vote goes to Bolden and this one is personal. I'm happy to see Marques get 14 minutes and make positive contributions because, at this time, I am also rehabbing an MCL injury. An old guy in his mid-sixties does not bounce back as fast as a 20 year old athlete, but I'm also seeing progress. Let's go Duke and good luck Marques!
Bravo! Great to see Marques back and beginning to get in playing shape again! But I love Jack too. Let's give him his moment in the sun!

Go Duke!

DukieInKansas
01-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Would have gone with Jack White even if all the names had been listed because it was so much fun to watch him and the team's reaction to his play. Bonus - he got the post game on air interview. Watching Grayson slapping hands and pointing b back to Jack, who followed behind was fun, too.

JNort
01-30-2018, 10:36 AM
Worst MOTM thread I can recall.... Put everyone who played as an option. JW wouldn't have been a top 3 option for me.

ipatent
01-30-2018, 11:11 AM
Grayson with the eight assists and a decent shooting night gets my vote.

Troublemaker
01-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Let's always put all the options in the poll, folks.

Not that I expect Jack to view this thread, but if he did, he wouldn't want to win this way.

Saratoga2
01-30-2018, 11:24 AM
Grayson with a great all around game. Good to see the captain back.:cool: GoDuke!

Jack had a great game and Gary too but I also thought Grayson's overall game was the best with points, defense and assists.

brevity
01-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Worst MOTM thread I can recall... Put everyone who played as an option.

Normally the moderators start these MOTM threads, but as evidenced from the stuff said in DBR Chat, the moderators weren’t around. So moonpie23 stepped up. Call it a rookie mistake if you like.

johnb
01-30-2018, 12:03 PM
There is not a person in the country who would have guessed that the post game interviews would be with Grayson and Jack. They looked genuinely, spontaneously happy. "Man of the match" can have multiple meanings, and one could argue for a half dozen guys for reasons having to do with impact and skill, but I'm happy to vote for the only Duke guy who played more than 10 minutes AND will be happy to be on the team next year.

moonpie23
01-30-2018, 02:02 PM
well, my "rookie mistake" taught me a lesson. I certainly meant no disrespect to any of the players, nor did i intend to "make a mockery of the poll".

since no "official" MOTM poll went up, even hours after the game, i thought i'd step in and do one to capitalize on the fun we were all having with JW having such a great game.

apologies...

I'd say lock it...

devildeac
01-30-2018, 02:07 PM
well, my "rookie mistake" taught me a lesson. I certainly meant no disrespect to any of the players, nor did i intend to "make a mockery of the poll".

since no "official" MOTM poll went up, even hours after the game, i thought i'd step in and do one to capitalize on the fun we were all having with JW having such a great game.

apologies...

I'd say lock it...

Why? He got almost 66% of the votes and everyone knew it was not gonna be unanimous :eek:;).

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-30-2018, 02:32 PM
Worst MOTM thread I can recall... Put everyone who played as an option. JW wouldn't have been a top 3 option for me.

Or, you know, we could all just lighten up a bit and remember that it is a fan produced poll on a fan forum. Start an alternative MOTM thread if you like. I see no harm in it.

People here tend to take themselves awfully seriously.

elvis14
01-30-2018, 02:39 PM

apologies...

I'd say lock it...

You did the right thing. We all knew this MOTM poll was going to be crap anyway so why not have a little fun with it? If someone was really that offended by your poll, they know how to start a more complete one.

Troublemaker
01-30-2018, 02:59 PM

apologies...

I'd say lock it...

It's really no big deal. No need to apologize, create a new poll, or lock.

Just, you know, next time give us all the options, if you ever get a chance to do this again. Thanks, moonpie, for subbing in.

elvis14
01-30-2018, 08:37 PM
It's really no big deal. No need to apologize, create a new poll, or lock.

Just, you know, next time give us all the options, if you ever get a chance to do this again. Thanks, moonpie, for subbing in.

Ignore all of this moonpie! No need to create a new poll, or lock. Just, you know, ignore these guys and know that for this game you gave the proper options. If ever you get a chance to do this again, do what's right. Thanks. :)

Furniture
01-30-2018, 09:17 PM
apologies...
I'd say lock it...

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun. Stay true to who you are Moonie!!

Newton_14
01-30-2018, 09:28 PM

Not that I expect Jack to view this thread, but if he did, he wouldn't want to win this way.

I fully agree. The MOTM Poll should always list each Duke Player that played in the game. I was there, sitting behind the Duke bench. Jack came off the bench and immediately gave us a verve. The put back dunk was a shot in the arm, and he continued his really good rebounding. His 3 was also an energizer even though the lead was comfortable at the time. The kid earned his stay out there and likely got himself some future PT.

That said he was most certainly not the MOTM. To me that was a two man race between Grayson and Gary, and my vote would have went to Grayson. However, my right to vote for the player of my choice was taken away. In the future the polls will list all players or be deleted and replaced. That's the fair way to do it. Jack would have still garnered a lot of votes for his performance last night, which is fine. I have no issue with voting for Jack. I have an issue with the inability to vote for other players by clicking on their name.

Furniture
01-30-2018, 11:14 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/958208210011226112/video/1

Jack and Grayson interview plus a dressing room dunking for Jack!!

elvis14
01-31-2018, 09:02 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/958208210011226112/video/1

Jack and Grayson interview plus a dressing room dunking for Jack!!

I love the support that Jack received from the team. I think it would be great if he could play at a high enough level to stay on the court. He really seems to have a nose for the ball.

kAzE
01-31-2018, 11:02 AM
I voted for Jack in the spirit of the thread, but Grayson was the real MOTM.

flyingdutchdevil
01-31-2018, 02:13 PM
I voted for Jack in the spirit of the thread, but Grayson was the real MOTM.

100% agree with this. Grayson has looked good in a few ACC games, but his decision-making was vintage Grayson against ND. Loved that tenacity and aggression.