PDA

View Full Version : thank you dbr

captmojo
03-08-2007, 05:00 AM
i admit to being a troll at this site for quite a while, albeit a friendly one, and i would like to express my thanks for being accepted into this fine community. i almost feel like groucho marx thinking i shouldn't want to belong to any group willing to accept me as a member but i'm proud to walk in. i type poorly and slowly and i'm not a duke student nor a grad but i have been a blue devil fan for as long as i have been able to say the word duke. this time goes back to the bubas era. secondly i'm sorry for the length of this post but i've got to get this off my chest. nobody here should ever forget what makes you a fan. duke has always been a little different than others in the neighborhood. classiness, excellence and achievement have always been hallmarks here. some of these attributes are lost on others. i hope to not see a recurrence of the accident of last sunday but surely it can happen again, and yes i believe g had an accident.an accident which could have been avoided if there was a mindset at unc that there is here which is an honest respect for your opponent. after hearing all the opinions i have concluded that this incident was all about an attempt to show up your opponent. this action by hanswalker was the football equal of throwing a bomb pass for a touchdown after taking a kneeldown on the play before and all with a 3 touchdown lead. coach k,i would be certain, would have instructed players to back off, if the rebound was secured to pass out and kill the remaining 17 seconds. always remember this is why you are a duke fan, because you know the class thing to do. maybe coach williams does'nt understand how to communicate this to his players or maybe, to his players, it just does'nt matter. after all, they are to blame themselves for 9f chants over a period of a great many seasons,are'nt they? montross on radio with a knee jerk reaction about a closed fist swing his mind wanted to see? i've never seen a fighter throw a punch at anyone he was not looking at and g was not looking down at hanswalker. the only punch i've ever seen thrown in a duke - unc game came from the also classless larry brown at art heyman. truth always pays out in the end so one day writers (other than doyel) may be able to put this accident, not incident, in proper perspective.