PDA

View Full Version : ACC Tourney Sections

weezie
01-12-2018, 10:36 AM
The Duke ticket office has confirmed that the ID sections at Barclay's will be 121,122,123 and 222,223.

Looks like most purchasers will be in the upper sections. Upgrades to lower based on priority giving level and then only two lower level tickets per purchase.

Stray Gator
01-12-2018, 11:05 AM
The Duke ticket office has confirmed that the ID sections at Barclay's will be 121,122,123 and 222,223.

Looks like most purchasers will be in the upper sections. Upgrades to lower based on priority giving level and then only two lower level tickets per purchase.

Correct. According to the message we received, the seating sections assigned to Duke will be in the corner area of the arena, and they're projecting that at least half of the Priority 1 Iron Duke members will be seated in the upper level. Seldom do I long for "the good old days," but I miss the comfortable traditions, familiar faces, and amusing comraderie among rival fans as allegiances would shift with each game, that we enjoyed at the annual three-day, eight-team ACC Tournament in Greensboro.

wobatus
01-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Correct. According to the message we received, the seating sections assigned to Duke will be in the corner area of the arena, and they're projecting that at least half of the Priority 1 Iron Duke members will be seated in the upper level. Seldom do I long for "the good old days," but I miss the comfortable traditions, familiar faces, and amusing comraderie among rival fans as allegiances would shift with each game, that we enjoyed at the annual three-day, eight-team ACC Tournament in Greensboro.

Last year I got a ticket for the March 9, 2017 (3rd day) day session on stub-hub the day of the games for $10 in the nosebleeds. I worked my way down during Heels-Miami and had some pretty sweet seats by the time Duke-Louisville rolled around. Syracuse losing to Miami the day before cleared out a lot of NYC Syracuse fans.

budwom
01-12-2018, 01:28 PM

I couldn't agree more (and thanks much to your personal largesse)..Eight teams in three days was perfect, sizeable contingents from most schools. Much more fan intensity.
It's a horribly diluted event now, even though it has its special moments.

Going WAY back, I can tell you that the big private parties held at the tournament in the early 1970s for example were the social occasion of the year in the Carolinas and environs.
Way before liquor by the drink, they had huge open bars, people dressed up, not unusual to have four or five governors, all sorts of Senators and Congressmen (definitely men back then).
Hubie Brown used to smuggle me in, what a fun time...

Stray Gator
01-12-2018, 02:06 PM
I couldn't agree more (and thanks much to your personal largesse)..Eight teams in three days was perfect, sizeable contingents from most schools. Much more fan intensity.
It's a horribly diluted event now, even though it has its special moments.

Going WAY back, I can tell you that the big private parties held at the tournament in the early 1970s for example were the social occasion of the year in the Carolinas and environs.
Way before liquor by the drink, they had huge open bars, people dressed up, not unusual to have four or five governors, all sorts of Senators and Congressmen (definitely men back then).
Hubie Brown used to smuggle me in, what a fun time...

As long as we're reminiscing, another ACC Tourney highlight/social event was tailgating in the Coliseum parking lot during the intersession between the two afternoon games and the two evening games on Friday. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, we'd assemble in the parking lot of the grocery store at the corner of Coliseum Blvd. and Florida Street in the morning to form a convoy into the Coliseum parking lot so that we could stake out our tailgating area, then everyone would gather there after the second quarterfinal game to break out the coolers and chairs. At its peak, we had a core group of 20-25 friends at the tailgate -- most of whom were then regular posters or occasional participants on the DBR Board -- and other Duke fans (some known only by their online nicknames) would see the DBR banner and stop by to visit and partake of the feast (a certain member's bourbon pecan bars were a consistently popular treat). Good times!