PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke at Pittsburgh (Jan 10, 2018)

JBDuke
01-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Pitt tonight?

weezie
01-10-2018, 09:02 PM
JRob. Wonderful to see his real debut.

Wonder if Dad knows about DBR?

theschwartz
Never been so excited to vote for a MOTM before. J-Rob all the way!

Native
Yep. I'm going to be that guy:

J-Rob for President!

curtis325
01-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Bagley with 16 and 15 is MOTM worthy, but 5 turnovers and 6 missed FTs lead me to Trent with a sweet-shooting MOTM game.

flyingdutchdevil
01-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Bagley didn't have his typical 30/20 game, but his composure despite the crowd, the physical play, and the refs swallowing their whistles was a great teaching moment. Proud of that dude.

curtis325
01-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Bagley didn't have his typical 30/20 game, but his composure despite the crowd, the physical play, and the refs swallowing their whistles was a great teaching moment. Proud of that dude.

Bagley had a strong game and it looked to me like he should have had many more chances to miss free throws. Very bad reffing.

dukelifer
01-10-2018, 09:07 PM
JRob because his delta was the greatest

buddy
01-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Voted for JRob. Gave team a great lift on a night when we were short bigs. But I thought the bench generally played well. Jack White had some great hustle plays, AOC knocked down some shots, Goldwire was steady, as well as JRob.

CameronBornAndBred
01-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Besides clapping when Robinson got his 10th, I enjoyed watching him on defense. He earned the minutes he was out there and did a solid job making the most of his opportunity.

DukieInBrasil
01-10-2018, 09:52 PM
JRob because his delta was the greatest

same reasoning here. Not that it's always relevant, but the largest difference between expected performance and actual belonged to J-Rob. Alex put up an insanely efficient night as well.
Bagley's numbers were excellent, again, and particularly on the Oboards (9), but his lack of efficiency on offense (somewhat due to Hack-a-Bag defense not getting called for fouls) was a drag on his MOTM potential.
f

CameronBornAndBred
01-10-2018, 09:55 PM
somewhat due to Hack-a-Bag defense not getting called for fouls

With 2-8 FT shooting, I'd be hacking the hell out of him too. Even if the foul gets called, your investment is likely worth the return.

ipatent
01-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Besides clapping when Robinson got his 10th, I enjoyed watching him on defense. He earned the minutes he was out there and did a solid job making the most of his opportunity.

He has a toughness to him, and I like what he does to the floor balance with his mobility, shot blocking and shooting.

DukieInBrasil
01-10-2018, 10:01 PM
With 2-8 FT shooting, I'd be hacking the hell out of him too. Even if the foul gets called, your investment is likely worth the return.

no argument whatsoever. Bagley easily could have been 7-12 from the floor, and if that means that he could have been as poor as 2-16 from the stripe, i'd rather have that than allowing him to get mauled all the time. It almost got too chippy there, when they called that double tech. Pitt's players were starting to get a little full of themselves about how much they could just abuse Marvin, and i think the refs finally caught on that they couldn't allow that anymore, but just couldn't not blame Bagley for his own abuse.

kako
01-10-2018, 11:19 PM

Other than against Sparty, I think Bagley should be MOTM for every game so far. The comparison to Bosh is accurate, though Bagley is better than Bosh was as a freshman. More like Bosh as a young vet in the association.

Liked Robinson's play, as well as the other reserves. With DeLaurier and Bolden out, they got good minutes. Even though this was just Pitt, it was good to see them play well. But Bagley is the man each game, Duke has never had anyone like quite like him. He's kind of like K for coaching awards. The media just expects K to have a great year, so he's almost never COTY. I think Duke fans are expecting the same from Bagley... which is OK because he produces!

Kedsy
01-10-2018, 11:33 PM
While I voted for Justin, I wanted to point out that the game was only competitive for about the first 3 minutes, and during that time Grayson had a steal and two nifty assists. Don't let the missed threes fool you, Grayson set the tone and led the way to the blowout win, just like a senior should.

MarkD83
01-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Justin wasn't a unanimous choice!!!! I demand a recount. Of course living in VA that will lead to drawing a name out of a hat so never mind.