PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns' Jones diagnosed with leukemia - played in the PK80

kako
01-10-2018, 03:08 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22025304/texas-longhorns-guard-andrew-jones-diagnosed-leukemia

The kid had 16 points against Duke in the PK80. I was impressed with him since he was just a sophomore, and thought he'd be seen again. He had a wrist injury after the Duke game, then was supposedly out sick for some games. Now it looks like they figured it out. Very tough, sad. Hope he can recover.

The leukemia survival rate is about 70%. Donate to cancer research if you are so inclined. I personally give to the V Foundation, but there are other groups as well.

rsvman
01-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about this. I hope he gets well soon.

flyingdutchdevil
01-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Awful to hear. Hope he recovers well and quickly.

elvis14
01-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Wow, that's a tough hit for a young athlete. I hope he beats it and makes it back to to play for Texas afterwards!

CDu
01-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Awful news. Thankfully, leukemia is very treatable. But still, nobody should have to go through that. Especially someone so young.

Hope all goes well and he's able to return to doing what he loves quickly and with full health.

A-Tex Devil
01-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Andrew declared for the draft last year, then pulled his name out despite getting some first round grades. He has real potential as a shooting guard in the league. You could tell something was off about the team when the 'Horns played Baylor over the weekend. Shaka's post-game belied the seriousness of what was going on even though he was bound by privacy laws from saying anything. I'll be at the game tonight and it will be interesting to see how they rally. Best wishes to him and his family. I hope they caught all of this early.

awhom111
01-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Andrew is the younger brother of former Duke guard Alexis Jones. After finishing her college career last, she was a WNBA champion and has since started her overseas career in Spain and then Israel. For those that are familiar with their family, they have already had to deal with a lot after their father suffered major injuries in a car accident.

weezie
01-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Our family has a young friend who is in the midst of the same battle with leukemia. Rough sledding but also curable although there are challenges.

Hoping for the very best for Andrew Jones and his family!