proelitedota
01-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Grade I MCL tear. The mildest kind.

He should be back.

Saratoga2
01-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Grade I MCL tear. The mildest kind.

He should be back.

I heard sprain which isn't a tear. Should be recoverable. Would he have helped? Maybe

CDu
01-06-2018, 11:06 PM
I heard sprain which isn't a tear. Should be recoverable. Would he have helped? Maybe

Technically a sprain is a slight tear.

JBDuke
01-06-2018, 11:09 PM
In his post-game, Coach said that Jack fell into Marques's leg earlier in the week. The injury was mild enough that they thought he might be able to play tonight, but earlier in the day, they decided to hold him out, so they told the press about it at the shootaround. Coach said that hopefully Marques will be able to play next week.

gofurman
01-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Anyone know the status of Bolden? Good to have Delaurier back to help w Bagley and carter but I would like Bolden too. Plus he seems to have injury each yr. has he been running or shooting w team ? Doing warm ups?

tbyers11
01-24-2018, 12:09 AM
Anyone know the status of Bolden? Good to have Delaurier back to help w Bagley and carter but I would like Bolden too. Plus he seems to have injury each yr. has he been running or shooting w team ? Doing warm ups?

He had a mild/moderate MCL sprain that was expected to keep him about 1-2 weeks. It's now been 2.5 weeks. I believe Coach K said recently (Pitt PC on Sat?) that he was doing fine with straight line running but was still having issues with lateral movement. Honestly, we didn't need him the last 2 games and I hope the staff is being extra cautious. If he doesn't suit up for UVa or ND then I will begin to wonder how mild the sprain was.

Henderson
01-24-2018, 06:48 AM
I don't think there's any reason to be concerned. He suffered a Grade 1 MCL sprain. By way of comparison, Steph Curry suffered the same injury against the Rockets in the 2016 playoffs and was out a little over 2 weeks. And he was a critical player in the playoffs.

In Bolden's case, it's not the injury, but the lack of opportunity to continue developing, which he could use.

elvis14
01-24-2018, 08:46 AM
I don't think there's any reason to be concerned. He suffered a Grade 1 MCL sprain. By way of comparison, Steph Curry suffered the same injury against the Rockets in the 2016 playoffs and was out a little over 2 weeks. And he was a critical player in the playoffs.

In Bolden's case, it's not the injury, but the lack of opportunity to continue developing, which he could use.

I really hope that comparison turns out to be inaccurate. Curry suffered that knee injury and, yes, he came back. He was not the same player the rest of the playoffs, however, and the GSW lost to the Cavs.

sciencegeek
01-24-2018, 09:07 AM
Hopefully it is a speedy recovery, we can use him in the upcoming tournaments!

plimnko
01-24-2018, 09:44 AM
i saw him LIGHTLY jogging down the sideline as he was coming in after halftime on his way to the bench last saturday. hopefully, that's a positive sign.

CDu
01-24-2018, 09:49 AM
i saw him LIGHTLY jogging down the sideline as he was coming in after halftime on his way to the bench last saturday. hopefully, that's a positive sign.

The issue isn’t running in a straight line, something he has presumably been doing for a while now. The concern is lateral stability when moving side-to-side.

dchen09
01-24-2018, 09:53 AM

Bolden is also much bigger, it's going to take longer for the same sprain to develop enough strength to support his frame.

uh_no
01-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Bolden is also much bigger, it's going to take longer for the same sprain to develop enough strength to support his frame.

:(

It's a shame. he'd certainly been a contributing member of the team. Maybe the crazies can show him some love saturday pregame?

richardjackson199
01-24-2018, 01:05 PM
:(

It's a shame. he'd certainly been a contributing member of the team. Maybe the crazies can show him some love saturday pregame?

Good call! Seconded. I hope this happens.