PDA

View Full Version : New poster.

skysdad
12-29-2017, 04:20 PM
What's up Duke fans. I've been posting over at Devil Illustrated for about 12 years and I saw trinity suggest this board. Looking forward to posting here and getting to know some of you and talk some Duke athletics. I've been a Duke fan since around 1960 and remember those tough years. You are all welcome to come join Devils Illustrated with us. Really good board, great mods and like this it's free .

JBDuke
12-29-2017, 04:33 PM
What's up Duke fans. I've been posting over at Devil Illustrated for about 12 years and I saw trinity suggest this board. Looking forward to posting here and getting to know some of you and talk some Duke athletics. I've been a Duke fan since around 1960 and remember those tough years. You are all welcome to come join Devils Illustrated with us. Really good board, great mods and like this it's free .

Welcome to the DBR boards, skysdad. We've been here, in various incarnations, for more than 20 years. Please read our Posting Guidelines and the other "stuck" threads at the top of the EK Board to understand the type of posting behavior we encourage and discourage - and to help you avoid posts that will earn infractions that may suspend posting privileges. Also, I encourage you to spend a fair bit of time just reading the threads and learning the general tone and mood of things here before becoming a prolific poster. That will help you get a good feel for the place and how you can be a part of the conversations here.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-29-2017, 04:53 PM

Welcome! We are a relatively friendly lot. Glad to have a new face around.

UrinalCake
12-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Welcome! This board may not have have as much traffic volume as some other boards, but it is well moderated and the discussion is always excellent. There are many knowledgeable and well-connected fans here who have followed the team for a long time. If you're like me and can never get enough Duke basketball content, make sure to subscribe to the DBR Podcast which is hosted by three of the board's moderators, as well as the live chats that take place during each game. Go Duke!

OldPhiKap
12-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Welcome, and look forward to your input.

And given your broad reference to Duke athletics, I will say that all football comments and content are always welcome. There's a women's basketball thread kicking around somewhere as well.

skysdad
12-29-2017, 05:33 PM
Welcome, and look forward to your input.

And given your broad reference to Duke athletics, I will say that all football comments and content are always welcome. There's a women's basketball thread kicking around somewhere as well.

Looking forward to it.

Dukehky
12-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Welcome! This board may not have have as much traffic volume as some other boards, but it is well moderated and the discussion is always excellent. There are many knowledgeable and well-connected fans here who have followed the team for a long time. If you're like me and can never get enough Duke basketball content, make sure to subscribe to the DBR Podcast which is hosted by three of the board's moderators, as well as the live chats that take place during each game. Go Duke!

My "breaks" from DBR are indicative of this.

Devilwin
12-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the site. Look forward to your posts.:D

jv001
12-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your input on Duke sports. God bless and GoDuke!

Doria
12-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Glad to have another member with discerning taste. Welcome, have fun, and if you have any questions just ask one of us! :D

peloton
01-01-2018, 01:34 PM
By the way, welcome to DBR, Skysdad. I occasionally visit other Duke sports related message boards and used to peruse the DI forum awhile back. You should talk Show into posting over here - the guy's a hoot (you've got to admire his hatred of the program down the road that can't play by the rules.)

moonpie23
01-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the board......don't forget to wear your cup..... :cool:

Neals384
01-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the forum! If you ever tire of Duke sports (hah!), head on over to the "Off Topic" board. Some interesting stuff there, like the Ymm, Beer thread.

left_hook_lacey
01-02-2018, 03:45 PM

Do you like pie? Gambling? And gambling on pie? Or puns about gambling on pie? If you answered yest to 25% of these questions, you'll go far here. Welcome.

OldPhiKap
01-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Do you like pie? Gambling? And gambling on pie? Or puns about gambling on pie? If you answered yest to 25% of these questions, you'll go far here. Welcome.

And if you can argue that 25% is facially accurate but is not a proper or true measure, you get extra credit. “Eye test,” “regressive analysis” or “looked at it though minutes distribution” in your explanation earn extra sporks.