PDA

View Full Version : FSU Game - Doors Opening

PeteZaHut
12-27-2017, 10:27 PM
I bought tickets in the student section for the FSU game this weekend. When do doors open? An hour before tipoff?

uh_no
12-27-2017, 10:40 PM
I bought tickets in the student section for the FSU game this weekend. When do doors open? An hour before tipoff?

usually, yes. Sometimes it's 15 minutes early if the weather is especially cold/rainy.

DukeDevil
12-27-2017, 11:15 PM

Forgive me if you know this already. Be warned, the student section tickets are sort of a free for all for the section they rope off (ie: not assigned seats). The earlier you get there to line up, the better in terms of getting good seats. You'll get in regardless, even if you show up right at tip, but if you want to get a good view or not be packed into the distant corner of the student bleachers where you can't see, then the earlier the better in terms of lining up.

Newton_14
12-27-2017, 11:18 PM

Just out of curiosity, when did you purchase the tickets? By the time I saw the sale on GoDuke/IronDuke, it showed as sold out and that was weeks ago...

Just wondering. Thanks

BigWayne
12-28-2017, 03:39 AM
Goduke gameday guide. Scroll down to entry and screening policy. (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210246885)

When students are on campus, the student entrance opens 90 minutes before game time. The guide doesn't mention any difference for the holiday break games.

PeteZaHut
12-28-2017, 07:05 AM
Just out of curiosity, when did you purchase the tickets? By the time I saw the sale on GoDuke/IronDuke, it showed as sold out and that was weeks ago...

Just wondering. Thanks

It was a while ago, maybe 6 weeks. My dad got an iron dukes email offering tickets to all the games through the end of the calendar year