PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Blue Devils!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
12-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Quick Lane Bowl champs!!! LGD GTHc! 9F!

uh_no
12-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Quick Lane Bowl champs!!! LGD GTHc! 9F!

domination.

peloton
12-26-2017, 10:13 PM
Way to go, Blue Devils!

I want a 2017 Quick Lane Bowl Champions shirt!

Jim3k
12-26-2017, 11:49 PM
domination.

Coulda been by more. We only scored 10 points in the second half. But we controlled the possession game throughout. Somewhere in the third quarter Cut realized NIU couldn't score again. Then with the ball on the 6, 4th and 3 to go, he decided to kick the field goal when he could've rushed for the first down or a score. Duke is pretty good at that. But the FG did put the game out of reach. Maybe he thought a TD would have been seen as running up the score. Even so, there were over 7 minutes left to play.

gep
12-27-2017, 01:25 AM
Coach Cut is ALL CLASS... Duke is SOOOO lucky :cool:

wallyman
12-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Also bet he wanted to give Holmquist a chance at at a makeable field goal. Must have been a huge moment for the kid and the team

Ima Facultiwyfe
12-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Coulda been by more. We only scored 10 points in the second half. But we controlled the possession game throughout. Somewhere in the third quarter Cut realized NIU couldn't score again. Then with the ball on the 6, 4th and 3 to go, he decided to kick the field goal when he could've rushed for the first down or a score. Duke is pretty good at that. But the FG did put the game out of reach. Maybe he thought a TD would have been seen as running up the score. Even so, there were over 7 minutes left to play.

Or ....maybe it was a chance to let Holmquist know we appreciate him and he's a valuable part of this team by puttingay that bowl score into the record books
Love, Ima

duke79
12-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Or ...maybe it was a chance to let Holmquist know we appreciate him and he's a valuable part of this team by puttingay that bowl score into the record books
Love, Ima

My thought too.....and I thought he looked thrilled to be a part of the game, both punting, extra points (despite the missed PAT - UGH) and the field goal. Nice interview with his parents in the stands too by the sidelines reporter. They were obviously very proud of his participation in the game! Definitely a step up from Tufts football.

ehdg
12-27-2017, 10:43 AM
Very proud of the way this team ended the season and then went about preparing and playing in the Bowl Game and winning it. Coach Cut is totally a class man and did what was right not running up the score. Also like how he used the Grad Kicker and made sure he got a FG and in the record book. Also like how he tried to use the younger kids later in the game as well.

CameronBlue
12-27-2017, 12:02 PM
Great game with lots of good storylines. Just to nudge the Coach Cut appreciation meter upward a little more, Duke is very fortunate to have him as a Coach. Not that the benefits of the association aren't reciprocal but given the program he inherited...wow, the shock value of what he's done with this program still hasn't worn off completely. Amazing man, amazing program. LGD!

75Crazie
12-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Just to nudge the Coach Cut appreciation meter upward a little more, Duke is very fortunate to have him as a Coach. Not that the benefits of the association aren't reciprocal but given the program he inherited...wow, the shock value of what he's done with this program still hasn't worn off completely. Amazing man, amazing program. LGD!
Truer words, and all. I'll repeat what I said earlier in the season, when I was taken to task for it ... Cutcliffe has earned a lifetime pass, in my book. I'm not sure that there has ever been a more perfect match-up of coach and school in college football.

devildeac
12-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Truer words, and all. I'll repeat what I said earlier in the season, when I was taken to task for it ... Cutcliffe has earned a lifetime pass, in my book. I'm not sure that there has ever been a more perfect match-up of coach and school in college football.

I dunno. John Bunting's 27-45 record at "u"nc looks pretty good from my recliner. And all those were during prime cheating years, too. :p

Oh, wait. I'm guessing you meant this with a positive slant from the Duke perspective. :o;)

Devilwin
12-27-2017, 05:39 PM
Very proud of this bunch! Holmquist the story of the night.. Good job kid!:cool:

75Crazie
12-27-2017, 08:59 PM
I dunno. John Bunting's 27-45 record at "u"nc looks pretty good from my recliner. And all those were during prime cheating years, too. :p

Oh, wait. I'm guessing you meant this with a positive slant from the Duke perspective. :o;)
You got me. My assessment was assuming a positive relationship between coach and school.

devildeac
12-27-2017, 09:51 PM
You got me. My assessment was assuming a positive relationship between coach and school.

I could also mention butch's 12-23 record at "u"nc in the 4 years following bunting. That record of course does not include the 16 wins they vacated, still while cheating massively, but they amazingly self-imposed the vacating of those wins gained illicitly for yet "other" ncaa violations.