PDA

View Full Version : UNC hit with NCAA violations today!!!

PackMan97
12-15-2017, 02:49 PM
It appears that the NCAA has finally found a way to nail UNC for academic fraud....the solution is simple, find another UNC.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/northern-colorado-basketball-staff-violated-academic-fraud-recruiting-rules?sf176438658=1

Guess we won't be seeing the University of Northern Colorado in the NCAA's anytime soon.

Truth&Justise
12-15-2017, 03:12 PM
It appears that the NCAA has finally found a way to nail UNC for academic fraud...the solution is simple, find another UNC.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/northern-colorado-basketball-staff-violated-academic-fraud-recruiting-rules?sf176438658=1

Guess we won't be seeing the University of Northern Colorado in the NCAA's anytime soon.

They're so mad at UNC they punished a different UNC.

PackMan97
12-15-2017, 03:17 PM
They're so mad at UNC they punished a different UNC.

Keep in mind what cooperation gets you....in trouble! Lying and stonewalling gets you BANNERS!

“Although the underlying conduct in this case was contrary to the membership’s core expectations, the processing of the case featured a level of cooperation and agreement among the parties that exceeded those expectations,” the panel stated in its decision. “Northern Colorado, under the strong leadership of its president, set an example for all member institutions in its handling of this case.”

jv001
12-15-2017, 04:02 PM
It appears that the NCAA has finally found a way to nail UNC for academic fraud...the solution is simple, find another UNC.

Whoa? The panel complemented them for their cooperation and they really nailed them anyway. Some things from the article:
1) Head coach admitted he failed his responsibilities( down the road, roy lied).
2) Panel stated: the head coach took short cuts, putting his self interests and ambitions ahead of student welfare(sounds familiar). He recruited talented but ineligible prospects that violated NCAA ethical conduct legislation to secure eligibility. Just what the other unc did.
From what I read, I think the coaches did a lot of the course work for those student athletes.

More reasons to hate the NCAA and that so called school down the road. GoDuke!

bluebeagle
12-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Sorry, but it's the other UNC. The university of Northern Colorado. Just wanted to wake you guys up.

SilkyJ
12-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Boy did i click on this link fast...:mad::mad:

brevity
12-15-2017, 06:08 PM
UNC hit with NCAA violations today!!!

Sorry, but it's the other UNC. The university of Northern Colorado. Just wanted to wake you guys up.

We're always awake. In the future, don't bother with the Gotcha! headline.

FYI: PackMan97 posted this in another thread and it got extracted later. If you feel duped by the title, do not blame PackMan97.

proelitedota
12-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Haha the power of clickbait compelled me.

PackMan97
12-15-2017, 08:29 PM
We're always awake. In the future, don't bother with the Gotcha! headline.

FYI: PackMan97 posted this in another thread and it got extracted later. If you feel duped by the title, do not blame PackMan97.

I had considered starting a new thread but didn't want to be accused of trolling. Besides, I didn't think the news warranted a new thread.

Pghdukie
12-15-2017, 08:47 PM
As I have posted before- NCAA has no gonads to punish the tarholes - but they'll pick on Cleveland St and now Northern Colorado. What a bunch of ¿¿¿¿¿'s