PDA

View Full Version : Survivor

JasonEvans
12-07-2017, 11:10 AM
So, I am not sure if anyone is watching, but last night may have featured the stupidest person in Survivor history... Lauren.

1) She is in a tight alliance of 4 people who are willing to go to the end together and who have a voting edge on the remaining 3 players
2) She has an extra vote, which gives her double the power of anyone else
3) She finds an immunity idol (in 2 parts)

So, what does she do?
1) She seems to lead an effort to break up the alliance and turn on Ben
2) She leaves her extra vote back at camp (she even claims she ripped it up... why?!?!?)
3) She gives away half of the immunity idol to Mike, someone not in her alliance, as a "show of trust"

One could argue that she had as much power as anyone in the history of the game (perhaps not as much as the person a few season ago who had a post-vote immunity idol that could be played) with an extra vote and an idol... but she gave one away and left the other back at camp. This makes no sense at all. I'm glad she got axed. She's an idiot.

At this point, I'm rooting for Ben, Dr. Mike, or Ryan to win (Chrissy is a whiney !#^!^) because the core alliance that has been in control for a while were idiots to break up. I swear, it is like these people have never seen Survivor. They barely have an advantage (4-3) and yet they plot to eliminate one of their own... a plot he easily discovers which leads to the entire alliance breaking up. Why were they so eager to get rid of him right now?!?! It is not like Ben has shown himself to be some kind of mega-challenge threat. Wait another vote (or two) and then target him when it is too late for your entire game to be blown up.

Everyone is always in a huge hurry to figure out what will happen when they are down to 3 or 4 players left... you can deal with that when you actually get close to that point. Instead, by trying to do too much when there are 7 players left, you don't ever get to the end, Lauren.

-Jason "rather getting rid of half of the idol, she should have just told everyone she was going to play it" Evans

wavedukefan70s
12-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Yeah saw that.i actually liked her.she was a strong woman. not much b.s.i knew she made a mistake giving half the idol.

mr. synellinden
12-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Well, the last episode certainly had a lot of drama, which elevated what had been a relatively uninspiring season.

SPOILERS BELOW.

*** SPOILERS ***

I am happy Ben won, and he did control the early part of the game and then fought like hell when he had the huge target on his back, but I am really not sure how I feel about the Final 4 twist. There is a lengthy debate about it in the Dalton Ross recap (http://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-35-finale/) today. I'd be curious to hear what others think. It kind of felt like the producers wanted to find a way to keep Ben in the game and give him the best chance of winning. Perhaps that's because Chrissy and Ryan would have been less "likable" winners, but I would have been happy for Devon and think he would have been a worthy winner. I'm not sure if Chrissy or Devon wins if the twist isn't involved but it feels like one of them was kind of robbed. On the other hand, I'm relieved to know that Ben doesn't have to spend the rest of his life thinking about the letter U (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dwm7-aSpxs) and what could have been.

Furniture
12-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Well, the last episode certainly had a lot of drama, which elevated what had been a relatively uninspiring season.

SPOILERS BELOW.

*** SPOILERS ***

I am happy Ben won, and he did control the early part of the game and then fought like hell when he had the huge target on his back, but I am really not sure how I feel about the Final 4 twist. There is a lengthy debate about it in the Dalton Ross recap (http://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-35-finale/) today. I'd be curious to hear what others think. It kind of felt like the producers wanted to find a way to keep Ben in the game and give him the best chance of winning. Perhaps that's because Chrissy and Ryan would have been less "likable" winners, but I would have been happy for Devon and think he would have been a worthy winner. I'm not sure if Chrissy or Devon wins if the twist isn't involved but it feels like one of them was kind of robbed. On the other hand, I'm relieved to know that Ben doesn't have to spend the rest of his life thinking about the letter U (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dwm7-aSpxs) and what could have been.

i really liked the twist. It just added an extra ingredient for me. My wife was hoping that Ben would win and in the end he won me over. I think it was the last challenge that did it. I felt so sorry for him.
You never really know if some of the stories these contestants tell are exaggerated or even true but when I heard Bens friend say the the last time he had seen Ben he was in a really bad place it put a lump in my throat.