PDA

View Full Version : Coach K Nike campus building in OR

fuse
12-06-2017, 10:04 PM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211688723

Sharing as I did not notice it posted yet.

Wow.

johnb
12-06-2017, 10:07 PM
That's one nice gym. Sadly, it's in Portland, not NY.

fuse
12-06-2017, 10:12 PM
That's one nice gym. Sadly, it's in Portland, not NY.

Reading failure on my part.

proelitedota
12-06-2017, 10:14 PM
They were planning to name a building after Roy Williams but they ran out of timeouts.

I got nothing.

devildeac
12-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Reading failure on my part.

Too much Chimay? :rolleyes:;)

TKG
12-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Counting down the hours before Adrian Woj( and by default, Calipari)screams about the recruiting advantage this will give Duke.

Henderson
12-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Tiny quibble: The new Coach K fitness center at the Nike World Headquarters will be located in Beaverton, Oregon, not Portland.

flyingdutchdevil
12-07-2017, 10:07 AM
If this isn't a sign that the shoe industry owns college ball, then what does? Thank you Coach K for speaking your mind and telling the community that shoe companies add so much value to the game. Next step: compensate your key product (ie players).

Skitzle
12-07-2017, 10:25 AM
If this isn't a sign that the shoe industry owns college ball, then what does? Thank you Coach K for speaking your mind and telling the community that shoe companies add so much value to the game. Next step: compensate your key product (ie players).

I'm gonna get heat for this but I agree and more with this. Unfortunately by saying nothing and taking his money K at the very least quietly condones the messed up atmosphere that is the NCAA.

toughbuff1
12-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Too much Chimay? :rolleyes:;)

Is there such a thing?

devildeac
12-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Is there such a thing?

No, but we can debate that further here:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?3840-Ymm-Beer

Come join us!

;)

Henderson
12-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Thank you Coach K for speaking your mind and telling the community that shoe companies add so much value to the game. Next step: compensate your key product (ie players).

Whoa whoa whoa. Are you saying Coach K should start paying players?

Hingeknocker
12-07-2017, 10:52 AM
I'm gonna get heat for this but I agree and more with this. Unfortunately by saying nothing and taking his money K at the very least quietly condones the messed up atmosphere that is the NCAA.

Yep. There are degrees to how culpable everyone in the NCAA is *coughs* UNCheats *coughs*, but the truth is that every single school, Athletic Director, and coach of a revenue team is complicit.

On the one hand, this is a nice recognition of Krzyzewski's accomplishments and hopefully helps Duke maintain its position as a top tier college basketball school for many years to come post-K.

On the other, it makes me uncomfortable to bestow honors like these while he is still coaching. Better would be to do this after he retires, and best of all would be posthumously. Not that I am wishing for either of those things to happen any time soon - this is more of a general comment on when and how we honor extremely powerful people and whether that's the best thing to do.

flyingdutchdevil
12-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Whoa whoa whoa. Are you saying Coach K should start paying players?

Recommend he advocate for compensating players moreso than they currently are. He already said college basketball is a multi-billion dollar business and the shoe companies add value. Why not just say the logical next step?

CameronBornAndBred
12-07-2017, 12:42 PM
They were planning to name a building after Roy Williams but they ran out of timeouts.

I got nothing.

So they went with Serena instead.

Skitzle
12-07-2017, 12:47 PM

I got nothing.

He was too busy talking to FSU for their football coach opening to take the call.