JBDuke
12-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Put your post-game thoughts here.

Tripping William
12-02-2017, 05:39 PM
The foot came off the accelerator, IMO.

DukieInBrasil
12-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Played great in the first half. Started to not value the ball after about 12 or 13 minutes into the game. So many stupid turnovers, Bolden with 6.
Javin so close to a double double, and a career high 13 points.
Nice to see Grayson have such an efficient game. Bagley was great, again.

Henderson
12-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Of all the concerns one might have about this team, its inability to keep up intensity with a 29 pt. lead is not going to keep me awake.

-jk
12-02-2017, 05:46 PM
How many games and how many miles in how few days?

Everyone looked gassed but Grayson - he's the only one with experience playing through fatigue. Mental errors.

Glad to have things settle down a bit.

-jk

proelitedota
12-02-2017, 05:48 PM
More concerned with our kenpom ratings after letting them score 30 points in garbage time.

Gotta watch the numbers man!

Bob Green
12-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Grayson Allen was 4-5 on 3PT FGs. It appears his sore wrist is in the rear view mirror.

subzero02
12-02-2017, 05:55 PM
They south Dakota shot extremely well from 3... 10 for 22.

MChambers
12-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Of all the concerns one might have about this team, its inability to keep up intensity with a 29 pt. lead is not going to keep me awake.

Definitely. I feel very good about this one, mostly because that run in the first half featured some decent defense.

moonpie23
yo!!! just got here....what happened????

who won?

TKG
On to the Red Flash of St. Francis (PA).

hsheffield
12-02-2017, 05:59 PM
impressed by Duval's ability to keep on keeping on even though he wasn't having his best game.

Bolden not as sharp as in recent games-seemed like he had a lot of TOs. regardless, his trajectory has been in a good direction

GA got a few HORSE shots: fun to see but I still wince when he hits the floor.

quiet game for Bagley but still awesome. man, he dribbles well for a big guy. can't imagine how good we'll be if he gets reliable from 3!

not AOC's best game, but still love to see him come in

still waiting for Trent Jr. to have a breakout. he seems so close.

rocketeli
would have beaten them by about 90 if we'd given a -- for more than 10 or 15 minutes, but who cares?

KandG
Duke was up 40-15 with 7:23 left in the first half, and it looked like the team might end up with 110 or 120, as well as they were shooting. Didn't actually crack 90 until under three minutes left in the game, thanks to a lot of turnovers and lineup experimentation.

Can't get too worked up over all the mistakes given the liberal minutes for the bench, though I'm sure the coaches will have a field day going over film with the players and highlighting the numerous hyperactive jump passes past teammates, not to mention poor Bolden getting his feet crossed up a bit too often.

Really nice games from Grayson, MB III and Javin, and the bigs look like they're working harder on moving their feet in space. I'd love to see the team continue to work on cutting down on the ball watching as the opponent whips passes to the weak side...still look rather slow on that front.

Well done to South Dakota for never letting up and playing hard throughout.

MChambers
12-02-2017, 06:03 PM
They south Dakota shot extremely well from 3... 10 for 22.
But it seemed like most of the makes came in the last 10 minutes.

ipatent
12-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Around this time every season, I make a note that Duke has the sport's longest streak of double digit wins per season, dating back to the 1930s. My junior and senior years in the early 80s tested that streak, but they came through. Reminding myself of those days helps keep a perspective of how fortunate we have been the past 40 years.

ajaxthewonderdog
12-02-2017, 06:10 PM
How does one let ESPN know how incredibly irritating the non-stop babble and giggles from Corey Alexander and Doug Hammond (or whatever his name is) are? They made the game almost unwatchable. Go Duke!

godins
12-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Around this time every season, I make a note that Duke has the sport's longest streak of double digit wins per season, dating back to the 1930s. My junior and senior years in the early 80s tested that streak, but they came through. Reminding myself of those days helps keep a perspective of how fortunate we have been the past 40 years.

This. Also, a delightful reminder of UNC’s 8-20 debacle in 2001-2002 under D’oh. Giving thanks today for many decades of wins with a clean program.

lotusland
12-02-2017, 06:38 PM
How does one let ESPN know how incredibly irritating the non-stop babble and giggles from Corey Alexander and Doug Hammond (or whatever his name is) are? They made the game almost unwatchable. Go Duke!

Maybe they’ll be in next round of layoffs. It wouldn’t have surprised me if the above the rim/no announcer setup was the only option available for Duke vs South Dakota.

gam7
12-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Grayson Allen was 4-5 on 3PT FGs. It appears his sore wrist is in the rear view mirror.

Not sure about that, Bob. At some point after the early hot start, there was a close up shot of Grayson at the FT line and it appeared as though Duke subbed someone out. It looked like the outgoing player bumped into Grayson, causing Grayson to retreat with a wince in pain and irritation. I think he hit the two free throws but he may still be sore.

-jk
12-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Not sure about that, Bob. At some point after the early hot start, there was a close up shot of Grayson at the FT line and it appeared as though Duke subbed someone out. It looked like the outgoing player bumped into Grayson, causing Grayson to retreat with a wince in pain and irritation. I think he hit the two free throws but he may still be sore.

We saw that, too. (Wait! What?) He wasn't happy...

-jk

ancienteagle
12-02-2017, 06:51 PM

What he said.

-jk
12-02-2017, 06:55 PM
What he said.

Bench-clearing blowouts (even if they close a little against the end of the bench) almost always lead to weird dialogue.

c.f., Bill Walton. (Wait, he's almost always weird.)

-jk

BD80
12-02-2017, 07:17 PM

The crowd noise in Cameron made it difficult for me to even hear the announcers on the broadcast. Some ESPN sound engineer did a crappy job.

camion
12-02-2017, 08:00 PM
The crowd noise in Cameron made it difficult for me to even hear the announcers on the broadcast. Some ESPN sound engineer did a crappy job.

I thought the sound engineer did a great job. The crowd noise was loud enough I couldn't hear the announcers. :D

ajaxthewonderdog
12-02-2017, 09:13 PM
You are correct although, if you switched to today's Harvard-UNC game on ESPN during breaks, the commentary was much more focused and restrained, despite the equally large margin. And, I had to laugh when you mentioned Bill Walton because the last game I watched (within the last couple of days) in which he was the commentator, I found equally unwatchable (and I often find Walton amusing but, like today's game, the commentators went on for several minutes at a time gossiping and having what they apparently found to be an amusing conversation with absolutely no advice on what was going on in the game). Maybe this is a new sports entertainment trend. I hope not.

Bench-clearing blowouts (even if they close a little against the end of the bench) almost always lead to weird dialogue.

c.f., Bill Walton. (Wait, he's almost always weird.)

-jk

MChambers
12-02-2017, 09:26 PM
You are correct although, if you switched to today's Harvard-UNC game on ESPN during breaks, the commentary was much more focused and restrained, despite the equally large margin. And, I had to laugh when you mentioned Bill Walton because the last game I watched (within the last couple of days) in which he was the commentator, I found equally unwatchable (and I often find Walton amusing but, like today's game, the commentators went on for several minutes at a time gossiping and having what they apparently found to be an amusing conversation with absolutely no advice on what was going on in the game). Maybe this is a new sports entertainment trend. I hope not.
Harvard-Kentucky? Kentucky won, but only by 9.

devildeac
12-02-2017, 09:44 PM
This. Also, a delightful reminder of UNC’s 8-20 debacle in 2001-2002 under D’oh. Giving thanks today for many decades of wins with a clean program.

D'oh knew and they STILL went 8-20. BWAHAHA. Best "u"nc coach. Ever.

MChambers
12-02-2017, 09:48 PM
D'oh knew and they STILL went 8-20. BWAHAHA. Best "u"nc coach. Ever.
When Roy retires, D’oh should replace him. And Andre Buckner should join the Duke coaching staff.

Dukehky
12-02-2017, 09:48 PM
No Tucker tonight. I'm not saying he should be playing or anything, it's just weird. I wonder if he's hurt or if he is just this far in the doghouse/maybe not that good. I understand not playing in real games, but they put everyone except Brennan and Buckmire in today.

ajaxthewonderdog
12-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Harvard-Kentucky? Kentucky won, but only by 9.
I was thinking of earlier in the game when Kentucky was up by about 20 but Bilas et al. still focused on the game.

uh_no
12-02-2017, 10:06 PM
No Tucker tonight. I'm not saying he should be playing or anything, it's just weird. I wonder if he's hurt or if he is just this far in the doghouse/maybe not that good. I understand not playing in real games, but they put everyone except Brennan and Buckmire in today.

it's gotta be something. You mention injury or "doghouse." It's likely we'd have heard of injury issues...maybe not details, but at least that there is one. I doub't "not that good" would be a reason, given we went pretty deep today....and to not see ANY minutes for a top 100 recruit is strange. Could he be transferring at the end of the semester or something? Not speculating, just trying to enumerate any possible explanations.

Maybe they're planning for him to come down with a mysterious foot injury so he can get a medical redshirt :P

brlftz
12-02-2017, 10:06 PM

This is a really weird situation IMO. He can’t even get in when it’s a blowout? Something’s not right.

Saratoga2
12-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Before reading the string, I like to put my thoughts in before I have them colored by what others have observed. My take was that Duke was playing great BB in the majority of the first half with Grayson at his best and numerous great passes with good defensive intensity. Of course as time wore on, coach K saw fit to mix in many bench players and no doubt some of that caused confusion as to roles. In the second half the team had difficulty getting in back together and as Dickie V would observe, it was like turnover city.

My view is players began to try to do spectacular things rather than just letting the talent disparity speak for itself. To me the chief issue was with our point guard play. We didn't need no look passes and driving into crowds of defenders, but that is what we were getting.

On the positive side, Grayson had a very good game as did DeLaurier. My observation of O'Connell is that he is still deferring to others too often on the offensive end. I see him as having looks of additional capability but he needs to be encouraged to make offensive moves. Without Grayson out there the team seemed to have lost some of ther scoring mojo and turned the ball over repeatedly. I am sure coach K was unhappy with the second half performance.

A win is a win but the guys may not be feeling that good about the second half quality of play.

OldPhiKap
12-02-2017, 10:18 PM
it's gotta be something. You mention injury or "doghouse." It's likely we'd have heard of injury issues...maybe not details, but at least that there is one. I doub't "not that good" would be a reason, given we went pretty deep today...and to not see ANY minutes for a top 100 recruit is strange. Could he be transferring at the end of the semester or something? Not speculating, just trying to enumerate any possible explanations.

Maybe they're planning for him to come down with a mysterious foot injury so he can get a medical redshirt :P

This is a really weird situation IMO. He can’t even get in when it’s a blowout? Something’s not right.

We have a team with one experienced player and a bunch of folks without. Could be that K wants our horses to get as much experience and tape as possible.

Really hard for me to complain this year, of all years, about how deep K chooses to go. We are playing plenty deep. We are talking about a top 100 player who is behind Crazy good talent. His time will come.

budwom
12-02-2017, 10:25 PM

Most important button on the remote control, by far, is the mute button. The ESPN dolts never ever bother me because I never ever listen to them.

uh_no
12-02-2017, 10:34 PM
We have a team with one experienced player and a bunch of folks without. Could be that K wants our horses to get as much experience and tape as possible.

Really hard for me to complain this year, of all years, about how deep K chooses to go. We are playing plenty deep. We are talking about a top 100 player who is behind Crazy good talent. His time will come.

That would be more viable if jack white and justin robinson hadn't gotten time today. I'm not complaining, really...just curious. Though I won't dwell on it....it could be nothing. I just like to see people succeed at duke...and if K has a reason, i'm cool with it, whether good or bad....and like many things, we may never know.

Anyway, like most here, i'd root for any of these guys to get in the game and kill it!

OldPhiKap
12-02-2017, 10:45 PM
That would be more viable if jack white and justin robinson hadn't gotten time today. I'm not complaining, really...just curious. Though I won't dwell on it...it could be nothing. I just like to see people succeed at duke...and if K has a reason, i'm cool with it, whether good or bad...and like many things, we may never know.

Anyway, like most here, i'd root for any of these guys to get in the game and kill it!

First and foremost, agree with your last point.

Tucker seems to play the same position as Jack and JRob, both of whom are a year ahead. It may just be that. Tucker clearly has the fewest minutes of scholarship players so far. K in his presser said he wanted to give some extended minutes to JRob, although did not elaborate.

uh_no
12-02-2017, 11:24 PM
First and foremost, agree with your last point.

Tucker seems to play the same position as Jack and JRob, both of whom are a year ahead. It may just be that. Tucker clearly has the fewest minutes of scholarship players so far. K in his presser said he wanted to give some extended minutes to JRob, although did not elaborate.

sounds like a classic K rewarding a guy for busting his butt in practice. are there lines to be read between? who knows.

As I said, hope to see tucker out there sometime soon.

OldPhiKap
12-03-2017, 07:40 AM
I don’t know how or if you can link videos from GoDuke.com. But you have to go see the South Dakota coach’s post-game presser. It’s like if I were coaching, had never even to Cameron, and got to go to Mecca for the first time. Kid in a candy store.

Wish them well in their conference.

House G
12-03-2017, 08:14 AM
http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=6230198&db_oem_id=4200

House G
12-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Well, it’s worth hearing the SD coach—very complimentary of Duke. Not sure the link is working.

OldPhiKap
12-03-2017, 08:31 AM
http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=6230198&db_oem_id=4200

Thanks, I use the app and cannot link from it.

I always enjoy the post game PC’s of both coaches, win or lose, in football and basketball. Love this guy’s man-crush on Duke. Makes me want to root them on this year!

azzefkram
12-03-2017, 08:41 AM
A really good opening 15 minutes but after that it looked like most of the guys coasted. Not too surprising given the team's experience and the schedule they have been playing. They won and won comfortably.

Bluedevil114
12-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Before reading the string, I like to put my thoughts in before I have them colored by what others have observed. My take was that Duke was playing great BB in the majority of the first half with Grayson at his best and numerous great passes with good defensive intensity. Of course as time wore on, coach K saw fit to mix in many bench players and no doubt some of that caused confusion as to roles. In the second half the team had difficulty getting in back together and as Dickie V would observe, it was like turnover city.

My view is players began to try to do spectacular things rather than just letting the talent disparity speak for itself. To me the chief issue was with our point guard play. We didn't need no look passes and driving into crowds of defenders, but that is what we were getting.

On the positive side, Grayson had a very good game as did DeLaurier. My observation of O'Connell is that he is still deferring to others too often on the offensive end. I see him as having looks of additional capability but he needs to be encouraged to make offensive moves. Without Grayson out there the team seemed to have lost some of ther scoring mojo and turned the ball over repeatedly. I am sure coach K was unhappy with the second half performance.

A win is a win but the guys may not be feeling that good about the second half quality of play.
Duke was up 82-55 with 7:54 remaining. They missed a few bunnies earlier in the second half. Then the starters began exiting the game. If you just watched Bagley and Carter they really looked tired in the second half. Bagley wasn’t running the court after a defensive rebound like he was in previous games. Duval and Allen had the motors tonight. I do not think Coach K is unhappy with the second half performance. He chalks it up to 10 games in 22 days. He gave his bench more minutes and let them close out the game. We are a lucky fan base. 96 points with only 7 made three pointers. SD had ten and most came in the second half. They made more shots and beat our bench by 9 points. Saw some great things from Allen, DeLaurier and Duval during the game. With limited minutes Bagley still gets a double double. Carter and Trent Jr were the only off games. Once Gary finds his stroke it’s over. When this team puts rebounding first we win. Our runs this season comes when we dominate both ends on the boards. I have been a Duke fan for 38 years and start and end my day reading DBR. My favorite players all-time at Duke are Christian, Hurley, Hill, JJ and Battier. I have always enjoyed Duke’s ability to spread the floor and hit the three. This year is different. Two options in the post with back-ups. Wow just wow. This year has been so much fun. We just started December. 10-0. This team still has so much to learn about themselves and their teammates. If this were February I would be concerned. This team will only get better. The character and will to win is very high on this team. December will be the month for us to improve on our transition offense, outside shooting and all things defense. Enjoy the ride. I know I will. Go Duke.

Furniture
12-03-2017, 10:27 AM
https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/WATCH-AllenDuval-and-Trent-Talk-Win-Over-South-Dakota-111610212/Amp

Worth listening to Trent, Allen and Duval interviews linked above. Duval gives the PG version of what K said to the team about their second half performance.

Billy Dat
12-03-2017, 11:51 AM
We came out an easily handled a ~Top 100 Ken Pom team without being behind. We shut down their big time scorer. Our bench coughed up some of the lead against starters trying their hardest to keep it respectable. Mission accomplished. Let's enjoy that we have games to watch this week before we go on hiatus.

Saratoga2
12-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Duke was up 82-55 with 7:54 remaining. They missed a few bunnies earlier in the second half. Then the starters began exiting the game. If you just watched Bagley and Carter they really looked tired in the second half. Bagley wasn’t running the court after a defensive rebound like he was in previous games. Duval and Allen had the motors tonight. I do not think Coach K is unhappy with the second half performance. He chalks it up to 10 games in 22 days. He gave his bench more minutes and let them close out the game. We are a lucky fan base. 96 points with only 7 made three pointers. SD had ten and most came in the second half. They made more shots and beat our bench by 9 points. Saw some great things from Allen, DeLaurier and Duval during the game. With limited minutes Bagley still gets a double double. Carter and Trent Jr were the only off games. Once Gary finds his stroke it’s over. When this team puts rebounding first we win. Our runs this season comes when we dominate both ends on the boards. I have been a Duke fan for 38 years and start and end my day reading DBR. My favorite players all-time at Duke are Christian, Hurley, Hill, JJ and Battier. I have always enjoyed Duke’s ability to spread the floor and hit the three. This year is different. Two options in the post with back-ups. Wow just wow. This year has been so much fun. We just started December. 10-0. This team still has so much to learn about themselves and their teammates. If this were February I would be concerned. This team will only get better. The character and will to win is very high on this team. December will be the month for us to improve on our transition offense, outside shooting and all things defense. Enjoy the ride. I know I will. Go Duke.

Nice to hear your perspective. I have also been a fan for a long while (I'll be 77 shortly) and have been on DBR for a fairly ong time. What I saw with Duval is good quality but also a tendency to try to make spectalular plays instead of staying with fundamentals. He has such good players around him that no look passes and driving into a crowd of defenders are bad habits. He has the talent but in my view needs to take stock of how he should run the team. He is young and learning so that should come as his experience grows.

Along with what you have mentioned, I was very interested in the play of DeLaurier and O'Connell. I thought DeLaurier had an outstanding game and injected energy into every play. He is either the 6th man or 7th man on the team depending on the opponent. O'Connell is also showing great promise and has done some really nice things. He also is a high energy player and has excellent size for the guard position. He is still pretty light but has good hops and is willing to go into the paint to help rebound. I see a good shooting touch but a tendency to pass first and not look to score when he has the opportunity. Coaches need to direct him to take more scoring opportunities.

YmoBeThere
12-03-2017, 12:20 PM
We came out an easily handled a ~Top 100 Ken Pom team without being behind. We shut down their big time scorer. Our bench coughed up some of the lead against starters trying their hardest to keep it respectable. Mission accomplished. Let's enjoy that we have games to watch this week before we go on hiatus.

We actually were behind... 2-3. :)

uh_no
12-03-2017, 02:48 PM
I don’t know how or if you can link videos from GoDuke.com. But you have to go see the South Dakota coach’s post-game presser. It’s like if I were coaching, had never even to Cameron, and got to go to Mecca for the first time. Kid in a candy store.

Wish them well in their conference.

Their fans were great, I thought. The few I ran into were just thrilled to be there.

Seriously, one of the best parts of ushering (other than hearing OZZIE4DUKE participate in the fight song) is seeing the joy in fans when they come to cameron for the first time, especially visiting fans. Helps me remember how lucky I am that I got to go to games as a student, grad, and now usher.

Except the UNC game. screw those guys.

Furniture
12-03-2017, 06:43 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/937122758265376768/video/1

Duval heavily involved in 4 of the 5.

DevilYouKnow
12-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Devils got up huge in the first 15 minutes, got complacent and were content to let South Dakota outscore them for the remaining 25 minutes.

This team has so much potential, but have glaring deficiencies, among them consistency of effort.

I was at the game yesterday and was quite disappointed in our last 25 minutes.

weezie
12-03-2017, 08:29 PM
...seeing the joy in fans when they come to cameron for the first time, especially visiting fans. Helps me remember how lucky I am that I got to go to games as a student, grad, and now usher...

I'm taking the nephew-of-weezie in celebration of his 16th birthday. Flying the young man down from Detroit for the uva game. Can't wait to perform the songs and claps!

Furniture
12-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Devils got up huge in the first 15 minutes, got complacent and were content to let South Dakota outscore them for the remaining 25 minutes.
This team has so much potential, but have glaring deficiencies, among them consistency of effort.

I would be interested to know you think these other ‘glaring’ deficiencies are.

Furniture
12-03-2017, 11:07 PM
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7887&stc=1

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-04-2017, 07:37 AM
People are killing our lackluster defense and inability to put away the opponent, and Duval's comments about K's evaluation emphasize that. This seems to ignore the amount of run our bench got. I can't imagine K expected the lead to grow with Robinson/White/etc getting significant minutes.

Certainly K knows best how to evaluate and motivate the team, and the turnovers are a bit troublesome, but I have no issues with the result.

Go Duke!

uh_no
12-04-2017, 08:01 AM
People are killing our lackluster defense and inability to put away the opponent, and Duval's comments about K's evaluation emphasize that. This seems to ignore the amount of run our bench got. I can't imagine K expected the lead to grow with Robinson/White/etc getting significant minutes.

Certainly K knows best how to evaluate and motivate the team, and the turnovers are a bit troublesome, but I have no issues with the result.

Go Duke!

robinson played 4 minutes at the end of the game. white got 5. sdst put up 32 points before that, or 43 (equivalent) for the half. Not as bad as the overall number for the half, but still a poor output vs a very mediocre offensive team.

Even if you toss out the garbage minutes, the second half was still poor.

sagegrouse
12-04-2017, 08:23 AM

I am surprised -- and encouraged -- we have so few of "the sky is falling" quotes like yours. It is easy to summon despair when we get outscored in the second-half of a game we led by 25 points in the first, but it is an over-reaction IMHO (where the H got eaten by Coyotes) . We were so far ahead we got careless -- a problem, but an understandable problem and not necessarily serious. I remember the dominant 1992 team just toying with opponents and giving up all sorts of points at the end of the game (we beat a strong St. John's team (#7) by "only" ten after leading by, IIRC, 30).

I guess I am more concerned about falling behind in the first half than about losing parts of large leads in the second.

Troublemaker
12-04-2017, 09:10 AM

I am surprised -- and encouraged -- we have so few of "the sky is falling" quotes like yours. It is easy to summon despair when we get outscored in the second-half of a game we led by 25 points in the first, but it is an over-reaction IMHO (where the H got eaten by Coyotes) . We were so far ahead we got careless -- a problem, but an understandable problem and not necessarily serious. I remember the dominant 1992 team just toying with opponents and giving up all sorts of points at the end of the game (we beat a strong St. John's team (#7) by "only" ten after leading by, IIRC, 30).

I guess I am more concerned about falling behind in the first half than about losing parts of large leads in the second.

I don't see a problem with DevilYouKnow's post. It's a fair and straightforward assessment, imo. While I wasn't "quite disappointed" by the second half performance, it's completely understandable why someone would be, especially if one were in attendance like DevilYouKnow.

sagegrouse
12-04-2017, 11:08 AM
I don't see a problem with DevilYouKnow's post. It's a fair and straightforward assessment, imo. While I wasn't "quite disappointed" by the second half performance, it's completely understandable why someone would be, especially if one were in attendance like DevilYouKnow.

There wasn't a problem. I was pleased that this thread garnered fewer sky-is-falling posts than I expected. Moreover, you are right that his DevilYouKnow's post wasn't extreme -- beyond the dark allusions to "glaring deficiencies" that provoked some head-scratching when applied to an undefeated team that has played tough opponents. But DevilYouKnow's post was not truly of the "sky is falling" genre, and your correction is on target.

elvis14
12-04-2017, 11:16 AM
There wasn't a problem. I was pleased that this thread garnered fewer sky-is-falling posts than I expected. Moreover, you are right that his DevilYouKnow's post wasn't extreme -- beyond the dark allusions to "glaring deficiencies" that provoked some head-scratching when applied to an undefeated team that has played tough opponents. But DevilYouKnow's post was not truly of the "sky is falling" genre, and your correction is on target.

I agree with sagegrouse on this one. I freely admit that watching the second half of that game was not really fun. At the same time, considering the lead that we had and the number of games we have played in a short period of time, the game raised no new concerns for me. Like sagegrouse, I was happy that this post game thread wasn't filled with a bunch of negative posts. We won, easily by creating a large lead and then coasting (and playing lots of different lineups). No, that's not generally the way we do things but for this game, after all the other games we've played, I'm good with it.