PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Indiana (Nov 29, 2017)

JBDuke
11-29-2017, 11:47 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Indiana?

subzero02
11-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Grayson...

ipatent
11-29-2017, 11:55 PM
I'll go with Allen, efficient offensively, the late three was a dagger and four assists.

flyingdutchdevil
11-29-2017, 11:55 PM
15 pts, 6 ast, 0 to. And he increased his 3pt shooting percentage.

Yeah - Duval for me

91devil
11-29-2017, 11:56 PM
I think Marques Bolden had the best one point, zero rebound, four foul game you will ever see.

Serious. I think he played a great game.

weezie
11-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Grayson's leadership. Look who's keeping the team cool and collected when it's looking grim. Never seen such a calm bunch!

jv001
11-30-2017, 12:00 AM
I think Marques Bolden had the best one point, zero rebound, four foul game you will ever see.

I think Marques had a very good game and it's great to see Grayson really rooting for him. That's what captains do. The hedge and steal by Bolden helped put the game away, even if he missed one of his two free throws. Could have been a 4 point swing right there. GoDuke!

LasVegas
11-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Give me carter. 18 and 12 with 2 blocks and a steal. Plus 7-9 shooting.

DangerDevil
11-30-2017, 12:01 AM

I thought Bolden played good as well and gave us some quality minutes. I am shocked that was his box score even though he had a block and 2 steals.

Furniture
11-30-2017, 12:06 AM
Tricky...

buddy
11-30-2017, 12:06 AM
Marquise seems to be finding his place, focusing on what he can do, and trying not to do what he can't. If he can do that he will be a very important player. The go to the floor for the steal and the foul was an important energy play at a critical moment in the game. We don't need him to score, but we do need him to rebound, block shots, and generally clog the lane on defense. He is starting to do those things. I am encouraged and hope he is as well.

Allen had a terrific game but I voted for Bags. When the offense runs through him really great things happen. We did that late and pulled it out. Need to focus more on him on the blocks with the ball in his hands.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-30-2017, 12:10 AM
Grayson over the big guys, who both played great too! And yes, Bolden’s best floor game of the season. Now if only Trent’s shot would start going in..... LGD GTHc 9F!

westwall
11-30-2017, 12:13 AM
Grayson. He did the little things, and he did the big things too.

JasonEvans
11-30-2017, 01:04 AM
Lots of potential candidates and I am really glad folks are noting Bolden’s contribution, but I went with Carter. He was a man playing with boys much of the game. His offensive rebounding putbacks kept us in it when it could have slipped away.

kAzE
11-30-2017, 01:20 AM
Lots of varying opinions. I thought Bagley was the clear difference in the game, and was actually surprised to see that he didn't get the majority of votes. He was the guy we ran the offense through once again and delivered with a 10 for 15 shooting performance along with another 10 rebounds. And he played 38 minutes! As a 6'11" big man!

Carter was incredible as well, but has to be docked for some of those silly reaching fouls, which limited his playing time.

dukefan_828
11-30-2017, 01:52 AM
Went with GA, we know whats Bags can do, but lets not overshadow the fact that Carter is also a man boy among-st boys down low!!! Love when he goes up strong on the offensive boards for the hammer dunk or when he puts on a show w the footwork and timmy D like 15 foot jumpshot / turn around hook

gam7
11-30-2017, 02:05 AM
15 pts, 6 ast, 0 to. And he increased his 3pt shooting percentage.

Yeah - Duval for me

Who had the turnover on that 4-on-1 that went awry in the second half?

Troublemaker
11-30-2017, 07:08 AM
Who had the turnover on that 4-on-1 that went awry in the second half?

The official scorer gave Trevon a missed shot. It should've been a turnover, as the ball slipped out of his hands.

CDu
11-30-2017, 07:30 AM
The official scorer gave Trevon a missed shot. It should've been a turnover, as the ball slipped out of his hands.

I think missed shot was the correct call. He got himself into trouble, hesitated in the air, then pushed the ball up to the basket. The ball hit the rim. Not a pretty shot, but a shot nonetheless.

Effectively the same as a turnover as Indiana grabbed the rebound and had a 3-1 the other way. But still a shot, and a bad decision by Duval not to pass earlier.

Still, while he seemed on the verge of catastrophe numerous times, he had a pretty good game.

Furniture
11-30-2017, 11:20 AM
Tricky...

I got flamed for not using a real name! It was only meant to be a bit of fun!

:-/

jv001
11-30-2017, 12:12 PM

It wasn't me, but I did have to look at the voters to see who Tricky is. You can call him what you like, just don't call him late for team meals. GoDuke!

ncexnyc
11-30-2017, 12:52 PM
I didn't bother to vote as this was one of those games where we had a total team effort.

elvis14
11-30-2017, 02:08 PM

Ignore the haters (and perhaps get off their lawn or get kids of their lawn). "Tricky" isn't a name that DBR came up with for Trevon, from what I understand it's a nickname he's had. I think it fits. Now it's no Knolon Schmingler, however.

kAzE
11-30-2017, 02:10 PM
Ignore the haters (and perhaps get off their lawn or get kids of their lawn). "Tricky" isn't a name that DBR came up with for Trevon, from what I understand it's a nickname he's had. I think it fits. Now it's no Knolon Schmingler, however.

Fun fact: his mom actually gave him the nickname Tricky Tre when he was a little kid.

flyingdutchdevil
11-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Fun fact: his mom actually gave him the nickname Tricky Tre when he was a little kid.

Someone should flame Tre's mom for that, then. ;)

Furniture
11-30-2017, 06:13 PM

I am a bit annoyed. I try to be a good citizen on this forum. At the same time I do make mistakes and I have had my hand slapped by the mods a couple of times but I have took my punishment like a big boy should.
What does a flame do anyway?

-jk
11-30-2017, 06:27 PM
I am a bit annoyed. I try to be a good citizen on this forum. At the same time I do make mistakes and I have had my hand slapped by the mods a couple of times but I have took my punishment like a big boy should.
What does a flame do anyway?

A negative comment takes away a bit of a pitchfork. It might be the last bit so you have one fewer, or get into real "flame" territory.

Mods generally administer infractions or warnings as per the posting guidelines.

-jk

Furniture
11-30-2017, 06:41 PM
A negative comment takes away a bit of a pitchfork. It might be the last bit so you have one fewer, or get into real "flame" territory.

Mods generally administer infractions or warnings as per the posting guidelines.

-jk

Somebody unforked me then. That’s what I was afraid of. I frankly didn’t know that there so many unreasonable people about. Very disappointing. Borderline unacceptable! Uncharitable .
i have worked hard for my pitch forks.

Jeffrey
11-30-2017, 06:49 PM
Somebody unforked me then. That’s what I was afraid of. I frankly didn’t know that there so many unreasonable people about. Very disappointing. Borderline unacceptable! Uncharitable .

No worries, I just gave it back to you!

I only care about flames, if I respect the person. That's only happened once, so I sent them a PM explaining my perspective.

Ima Facultiwyfe
11-30-2017, 07:04 PM
I'm waiting patiently for the occasion to vote for O'Connell, bless his heart.
Love, Ima

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-30-2017, 07:34 PM
No worries, I just gave it back to you!

I only care about flames, if I respect the person. That's only happened once, so I sent them a PM explaining my perspective.

I reserve my flames for the truly deserving. I think during my decade career I have administered perhaps six flames and hundreds of sporks.

CDu
11-30-2017, 07:48 PM
I reserve my flames for the truly deserving. I think during my decade career I have administered perhaps six flames and hundreds of sporks.

Same here. I can’t remember giving many. I think I gave two during game 7 of the 2016 World Series :). Other than that, I am sure I have given another flame or two, but it ain’t frequent, and it sure wouldn’t be for what Furniture posted.

Back to the topic, I felt this a nice team win. Several different guys had multiple key plays.

Furniture
11-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys! I hope he who shall not be named was just having a bad day!

elvis14
11-30-2017, 09:09 PM

Same here...although I accidentally flamed Swood1000 one time when I meant to spork him. He reached out since the positive comment didn't match the flame. Glad he did because it gave me a chance to apologize.

I try to be pretty generous with sporks.

Ultrarunner
11-30-2017, 10:58 PM

Obvious an unfork-etable lesson that life is not fair.

Which I would have said in private as such speech is not {shockingly!} universally appreciated, but I've not been promiscuous enough with my sporks.

I did try, though.

moonpie23
11-30-2017, 11:10 PM
I've been flamed....

killerleft
12-01-2017, 08:59 AM
I voted for Mr. Bolden. MOTM is different from MVP or MOP. Bolden made the hustle play of the game, and put some adrenaline into the Duke players and his fans, like me. This is a vote of confidence and hope, and Marques is giving us reason for both. He can be a defensive whiz, and I think he will be.

Go Marques, and Go Duke!

devildeac
12-01-2017, 09:44 AM
I've been flamed...

Plus, your feed is soooo far ahead, you knew it was coming but you came up with the win anyway.

;)