PDA

View Full Version : Why some seem less than giddy

DukeinDC
11-27-2017, 03:28 AM
Understandbly this boards well informed fans are thrilled to win but also quick to point out some of the shortcomings that led to big deficits.

I actually agree with most points made but can I suggest that some of the anxiety is due to the fact since 2011 we've basically lived and died by the thee - mostly for good. (Jah is a whole separate deal but would argue he spaced out a three game).

Now that's not us. It requires tho a difference lens to view the team. Again, most constructive criticism I've seen is right but maybe also not what fans should be watching. Obviously lots have made the 3pt observationz this year, but after 3 years of whining about if Matt jones hits open looks or whoever hits a runner, let's focus on how creatively we can feed bagley.

We have one of our most exciting teams ever. Enjoy win or lose and realize what made us win before may not be now. Supposedly Ks big strength is adaptability. Fans should adapt too.

Billy Dat
11-27-2017, 09:25 AM
I think, in general, people who post on message boards, or social media platforms, tend to be negative. We get less of that around here than un-moderated boards because the rules against "destructive negativity" are well enforced. But, think about the majority of the posts - do replies with quotes tend to be of the "I agree with you" variety or the "ahem...I think you got something wrong" variety?

So, negativity will always outweigh positivity...I think it's just human nature.

ChillinDuke
11-27-2017, 09:29 AM
I think, in general, people who post on message boards, or social media platforms, tend to be negative. We get less of that around here than un-moderated boards because the rules against "destructive negativity" are well enforced. But, think about the majority of the posts - do replies with quotes tend to be of the "I agree with you" variety or the "ahem...I think you got something wrong" variety?

So, negativity will always outweigh positivity...I think it's just human nature.

I agree with you. But I think you got something wrong...

- Chillin :D

Billy Dat
11-27-2017, 10:01 AM
I agree with you. But I think you got something wrong...

- Chillin :D

No, you got something wrong! And I bet you spelled someone's name wrong, too.

gotoguy
11-27-2017, 10:07 AM
No, you got something wrong! And I bet you spelled someone's name wrong, too.

Then It's over!!

jacone21
11-27-2017, 10:37 AM

killerleft
11-27-2017, 10:50 AM

Ooh, I just knew this thread would end up like this. What do you expect?

camion
11-27-2017, 10:57 AM
So many sleepless nights correcting others. But it's my job.

NM Duke Fan
11-27-2017, 10:59 AM
What I told my wife the other day:
"I thought I was wrong once ... but I was wrong!"