PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Florida (Nov 26/27, 2017)

JBDuke
11-27-2017, 01:08 AM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Florida tonight?

Native
11-27-2017, 01:12 AM
OK, this has to be unanimous, right?

FerryFor50
11-27-2017, 01:14 AM
My vote is for "guts"

DukeDevil
11-27-2017, 01:17 AM
shout out to Moonpie, who called a Duke win in chat when we were down 16 late.

MCFinARL
11-27-2017, 01:19 AM
shout out to Moonpie, who called a Duke win in chat when we were down 16 late.

Wait, what? Moonpie really CAN see the future?

dukefan_828
11-27-2017, 01:21 AM
MOON PIE GETS MY MOTM.. MOON STONES!!! BUT SERIOUSLY BAGS the Dominate..OR Gary "Grown Man" Trent for his play down the stretch?? Decisions Decisions. Guts this teams got "IT"

snewman92
11-27-2017, 01:23 AM
Our defense may waver; our shot selection may waver; our boxing out may be a bit iffy sometimes. But the excellence of Marvin Bagley and the second-sighted faith of Moonpie never do.

Furniture
11-27-2017, 01:23 AM

It has to be.....

moonpie23
11-27-2017, 01:24 AM
i went with trent because he hit 3 3's that put the fear in fla.....

bags was the man, but trent put the fire on em....

CDu
11-27-2017, 01:25 AM

LOL.

Also, LOL at the Allen vote.

CameronBornAndBred
11-27-2017, 01:38 AM
No question my vote goes to Bagley, but a huge shoutout to Carter, who played like he had 1 foul when he had four, and we needed every one of those minutes of his to win. Pure bravery.

duke4ever19
11-27-2017, 01:39 AM
What the heck???

I swore I clicked Bagley's name and it shows I voted for Bolden??

If anyone's keeping track, consider my Bolden vote a vote for Bagley.

CameronBornAndBred
11-27-2017, 01:41 AM
What the heck???

When a game ends at 1am, you are forgiven.

BLPOG
11-27-2017, 01:44 AM
LOL.

Also, LOL at the Allen vote.

Unless Grayson pours gasoline on the court and lights it during the game, he's going to be getting the overwhelming majority of my MOTM votes this season.

JBDuke
11-27-2017, 01:48 AM
What the heck???

changed it for you

CameronBornAndBred
11-27-2017, 01:50 AM
changed it for you

three more to go. :rolleyes:

JBDuke
11-27-2017, 01:54 AM
three more to go. :rolleyes:

Only if they tell me they did it by mistake.

TNTDevil
11-27-2017, 02:21 AM
No question my vote goes to Bagley, but a huge shoutout to Carter, who played like he had 1 foul when he had four, and we needed every one of those minutes of his to win. Pure bravery.I voted for Carter. Simply for the fearless way he played when he had four fouls. Gotta love that out of a big man.

Secondly, the Poll needs to be amended: MOTMICWB (MOTM in conjunction with Bagley).

BandAlum83
11-27-2017, 02:29 AM
I voted for Trent. He hit 2 big 3s in the first half to spark our first half comeback, and then he was HUGE in the last 2 minutes of the game.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-27-2017, 07:54 AM
changed it for you
I seem to have mistakenly voted for Carter too. Change mine to Bagley please.

weezie
11-27-2017, 08:05 AM
I'll probably be dragging an IV coffee drip around with me this morning but it was worth (yikes) it. Somebody compared Marvin to Elton Brand for ability to shoulder the team. But I think Marvin is ahead in tenacity.
That young man is beyond incredible.

elvis14
11-27-2017, 08:53 AM
Voted for Bagley...and it wasn't even close. Lots of good contributors but since this is a MOTM poll and not "one of the guys that did something good" poll, I basically had to vote for Bagley.

Unless Grayson pours gasoline on the court and lights it during the game, he's going to be getting the overwhelming majority of my MOTM votes this season.

Seriously, if this is the case, just don't vote. I'm a huge Grayson fan but this is a MOTM poll not "my favorite player" poll. If it was the latter, I'd vote for Allen too.

flyingdutchdevil
11-27-2017, 09:05 AM
Voted for Bagley...and it wasn't even close. Lots of good contributors but since this is a MOTM poll and not "one of the guys that did something good" poll, I basically had to vote for Bagley.

Seriously, if this is the case, just don't vote. I'm a huge Grayson fan but this is a MOTM poll not "my favorite player" poll. If it was the latter, I'd vote for Allen too.

Yeah...I have to admit that I voted for Trent. Trent wasn't our best player (Bags) or our most important (Bags) or the reason we won (Bags), but he did two things: a) stopped the bleeding in the first half with 3 3s and b) played some great D down the stretch.

If I voted this morning, it would've been Bags. But Trent had a helluva game.

CDu
11-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Yeah...I have to admit that I voted for Trent. Trent wasn't our best player (Bags) or our most important (Bags) or the reason we won (Bags), but he did two things: a) stopped the bleeding in the first half with 3 3s and b) played some great D down the stretch.

If I voted this morning, it would've been Bags. But Trent had a helluva game.

I can at least understand the logic behind a Trent vote. Not that I agree with it, but I can at least understand it. He did get us started in the first half, and he also made 3 huge plays down the stretch (the two pairs of made free throws and the steal). He did have a brain fart late in fouling and sending a UF player to the line in a tight game, but thankfully that didn't cost us.

But Bagley was just a man amongst smaller men out there last night/this morning.

flyingdutchdevil
11-27-2017, 09:23 AM
I can at least understand the logic behind a Trent vote. Not that I agree with it, but I can at least understand it. He did get us started in the first half, and he also made 3 huge plays down the stretch (the two pairs of made free throws and the steal). He did have a brain fart late in fouling and sending a UF player to the line in a tight game, but thankfully that didn't cost us.

But Bagley was just a man amongst smaller men out there last night/this morning.

Oh, no doubt. Bagley deserves to be the MOTM, but I don't fault anyone voting for someone else. Unlike the MSU game - where it just didn't make sense to vote for anyone else not named Grayson Allen - the UF game had a few choices with one clear winner.

nmduke2001
11-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Bagley is incredibly impressive, especially on offense. The crazy thing is that I think he has the potential to be Rodman-like on defense and rebounding. There are very few players ever that possess a second jump like Rodman did. Bagley does have that gift. If Bagley embraces it and move his feet like Rodman did, Bagley could be a great defensive player as well. I'm guessing that we won't see that full potential until he's been in the league a few years.

flyingdutchdevil
11-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Bagley is incredibly impressive, especially on offense. The crazy thing is that I think he has the potential to be Rodman-like on defense and rebounding. There are very few players ever that possess a second jump like Rodman did. Bagley does have that gift. If Bagley embraces it and move his feet like Rodman did, Bagley could be a great defensive player as well. I'm guessing that we won't see that full potential until he's been in the league a few years.

Rodman! That's the analog I was looking for! Thank you!

Yeah - Rodman's ability to jump and cover ground is really impressive. Rodman never was able to use that on offense; Bagley is clearly crushing it on offense.

azzefkram
11-27-2017, 11:17 AM
MBIII was again the man but Gary made some great plays down the stretch. Dribbling around after the steal to burn off more clock was a very heady play.

Jeffrey
11-27-2017, 11:28 AM
....... but a huge shoutout to Carter, who played like he had 1 foul when he had four, and we needed every one of those minutes of his to win. Pure bravery.

I really like Carter's offensive game, but I'm not thrilled about his D. IMO, there were multiple times, during this tournament, when his D was rather poor. For example, the two very quick, and less than prudent, fouls against Florida.

Jeffrey
11-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Yeah - Rodman's ability to jump and cover ground is really impressive. Rodman never was able to use that on offense; Bagley is clearly crushing it on offense.

IMO, Rodman used it well to get a lot of offensive boards.