PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Texas (Nov 24, 2017)

JBDuke
11-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Texas tonight?

rsvman
11-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Ummm...I'm gonna go with Bagley.

jwillfan
11-24-2017, 08:14 PM
We don't win without that great stretch with Grayson running the point. Duval was off tonight from the start and we needed his steady hand to settle the and get the ball to Bagley. AOC impressed me, may be ahead of Trent in terms of overall court vision, energy and awareness. That one rebound over Carter was pretty sick.

Wander
11-24-2017, 08:15 PM
I would have gone with Grayson if the game ended in regulation, since he was the one primarily responsible for our comeback. But staying out of foul trouble counts, and Bagley dominated in overtime, almost trivially, with Bamba out.

mattman91
11-24-2017, 08:16 PM
We don't win without that great stretch with Grayson running the point. Duval was off tonight from the start and we needed his steady hand to settle the and get the ball to Bagley. AOC impressed me, may be ahead of Trent in terms of overall court vision, energy and awareness. That one rebound over Carter was pretty sick.

And we don't even come close to winning without Bagley.

Bob Green
11-24-2017, 08:18 PM
AOC impressed me, may be ahead of Trent in terms of overall court vision, energy and awareness.

Really? I like the energy O'Connell brings off the bench but let's not get carried away:

Gary Trent, Jr - 17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 turnovers
Alex O'Connell - 2 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover

ipatent
11-24-2017, 08:27 PM
Was this supposed to be a poll? Have to go with Bagley, but Trent showed real toughness down the stretch.

weezie
11-24-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm actually kind of tearing up at how Marvin came into his own. Despite the hype, the stumbles, that late OT under the basket defense was heart-stopping. So proud of all of them. Even GA from the bench!

Peeps, that was a freshman team! Come on now. Give it the hell UP!

arnie
11-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Was this supposed to be a poll? Have to go with Bagley, but Trent showed real toughness down the stretch.

Bagley by far but accidentally punched the Carter button.

Les Grossman
11-24-2017, 08:39 PM
both played pretty well.
We won't speak of the Defense

TNTDevil
11-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Really? I like the energy O'Connell brings off the bench but let's not get carried away:

Gary Trent, Jr - 17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 turnovers
Alex O'Connell - 2 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover
I'm the Trent, Jr. vote. His layup and1 to put us ahead was a great play. Plus his FT shooting.

Love AOC. Love Bagley, who will probably sweep this year's polling, so I figure he can sit this one out.

Just really liked the clutch play.

Furniture
11-24-2017, 08:44 PM
Marvin Bagged it for me. Why didn't we have MOM for last nights game?

Saratoga2
11-24-2017, 08:45 PM
Bagley was not only the MVP tonight, he maybe the MVP of college BB this year. He is really impressive.

arnie
11-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Bagley was not only the MVP tonight, he maybe the MVP of college BB this year. He is really impressive.
If he can beat out Luke Maye.

JBDuke
11-24-2017, 09:37 PM
Marvin Bagged it for me. Why didn't we have MOM for last nights game?

Because I was late getting back from visiting family from Thanksgiving, watched the game replay on DVR, and then went to bed shortly thereafter. And no one else took the initiative to put up a poll.

subzero02
11-24-2017, 10:14 PM
This ESPN article credits Carter with 114 points... he should be MOTM

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400999722

JasonEvans
11-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Look, of course is it Bagley. He had arguably the best game ever by a freshman at Duke. Think about that. Wow!

But, we would not have had a chance to win this game without O'Connell playing far, far better than any of us ever expected (and his save and cross-court toss that led to Grayson's 3, getting us within 10 was the moment I thought we had a chance to win this) and we certainly don't win it without Grayson's remarkable PG play in the big comeback. Wow!

But, I mean, come on... Bagley was MOTM, for sure.

-Jason "I like Trent and he had some gutsy moments, but his D is really poor at this point" Evans

Furniture
11-25-2017, 12:00 AM
Because I was late getting back from visiting family from Thanksgiving, watched the game replay on DVR, and then went to bed shortly thereafter. And no one else took the initiative to put up a poll.

I actually thought about doing myself but didn't think it appropriate. Anyway thanks for your understandable explanation. Thanks for doing what you do.