PDA

View Full Version : 2 techs = ejection?

PeteZaHut
11-24-2017, 11:56 AM
I had always remembered 2 technical fouls meaning you get ejected from the game. What's the rule now? I'm sure this flagrant 1/flagrant 2/dead-ball technical foul nonsense has made it a little less straight-forward.

uh_no
11-24-2017, 12:01 PM
I had always remembered 2 technical fouls meaning you get ejected from the game. What's the rule now? I'm sure this flagrant 1/flagrant 2/dead-ball technical foul nonsense has made it a little less straight-forward.

flagrant 2 = ejection
any combination of 2x flagrant 1 or technical = ejection.

It really hasn't changed...the only thing that changed is the names for everything.

PeteZaHut
11-24-2017, 12:14 PM
flagrant 2 = ejection
any combination of 2x flagrant 1 or technical = ejection.

It really hasn't changed...the only thing that changed is the names for everything.

That guy didn't ejected last night though. They let him stay on the bench

ChillinDuke
11-24-2017, 12:17 PM
My hunch is that one or both of the technical fouls by rule counts as a personal, so what [technically] happened to the kid was he fouled out with 5 fouls.

- Chillin

SCMatt33
11-24-2017, 01:04 PM
From what I can find in the rule book (I don't have this years downloaded yet, but I have last years plus a list of new rule changes for this year), Flagrant 1 fouls do not count towards ejection. A player is only ejected for either a Flagrant 2, 2 class A technicals or any combination of 3 class A or Class B technicals (class b is stuff like hanging on the rim).

juise
11-24-2017, 01:05 PM
I was also wondering why he got to stay on the bench. His coaches couldn't get him to sit down and I was hoping the refs would ask him to head to the locker room.

Ima Facultiwyfe
11-24-2017, 02:07 PM
Wouldn't cha love to get that guy in Cameron? The Crazies would have a field day.
Love, Ima

-bdbd
11-24-2017, 03:32 PM
Wouldn't cha love to get that guy in Cameron? The Crazies would have a field day.
Love, Ima

9-thousand people chanting in unison, "A-hole, A-hole, A-hole, A-hole...." :eek:

uh_no
11-24-2017, 04:10 PM
9-thousand people chanting in unison, "A-hole, A-hole, A-hole, A-hole..." :eek:

i think "you let the whole team down" would probably be the chant du jour

weezie
11-24-2017, 08:30 PM
That guy didn't ejected last night though. They let him stay on the bench

He wasn't clapping. Doiiiiiih!