PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: PK80 — Who is in Portland going to the games?

indy1duke
11-22-2017, 08:13 PM
We checked in to the Duke hotel today. I am curious if any other DBR posters are going to the games. Everyone is excited about the team and riding into town on the light rail with other team’s fans reminds me what a great sport college basketball is.

Jim3k
11-22-2017, 09:57 PM
I dunno what the sales will be. But for West Coasters with family, this conflicts with Thanksgiving and associated days. Not that hard to get to Portland (and find a relative there) from the SF Bay area. It's really hard to leave your family to do it, or bring them along when Mama Bear thinks it would be wrong for the holiday. Mama Bear is always right on these things.

I hope there is a decent Duke following. I wouldn't count on it.

Reilly
11-22-2017, 10:39 PM
... Mama Bear is always right on these things ...

I'd like to hear the story of that one time -- no doubt decades ago -- when Papa Bear thought it might be possible that he could be right but learned better.

tteettimes
11-22-2017, 10:52 PM
I'd like to hear the story of that one time -- no doubt decades ago -- when Papa Bear thought it might be possible that he could be right but learned better.

SO——you have experience -)

chriso
11-22-2017, 11:46 PM
I'm 5 hours north of Portland. I wish I could be there.

Eternal Outlaw
11-22-2017, 11:47 PM
We checked in to the Duke hotel today. I am curious if any other DBR posters are going to the games. Everyone is excited about the team and riding into town on the light rail with other team’s fans reminds me what a great sport college basketball is.

Live in Portland so been waiting these games since announced.

juise
11-22-2017, 11:58 PM
Have tickets for all three sessions (assuming Duke is in the title game). So excited.

gray
11-23-2017, 12:06 AM
I'm 5 hours north of Portland. I wish I could be there.

Vancouver, BC? I’m just an hour south in Anacortes, WA. We looked into tickets, but wanted to spend some time with family and didn’t know what to do with our 4 year old, who doesn’t have a long enough attent.. hey something shiny!

chriso
11-23-2017, 12:09 AM
Vancouver, BC? I’m just an hour south in Anacortes, WA. We looked into tickets, but wanted to spend some time with family and didn’t know what to do with our 4 year old, who doesn’t have a long enough attent.. hey something shiny!

No actually Bellingham Washington near the border. I suppose it's 4 hours without traffic. :)

BoiseDevil
11-23-2017, 07:59 AM
The entire Boise Devil fam will be in attendance!

Free Beer for anyone with sporks!

weezie
11-23-2017, 08:30 AM

Decades? Try eons.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this thread, reading how excited some of our far flung Blue Devils are to be seeing the game.

gray
11-23-2017, 06:14 PM
No actually Bellingham Washington near the border. I suppose it's 4 hours without traffic. :)

chriso, I am contemplating a road trip early Sunday if Duke is playing in the finals. Any interest?

Ultrarunner
11-23-2017, 07:29 PM
Late responding. At the Moda Center games. Went today to cheer Portland. Tomorrow, my daughter and I will be there for Duke with my BiL taking my ticket for the Gonzaga game.

If you're trying to find us, my daughter and I are the ones sporting the royal blue 9F hats.