PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Furman (Nov 20, 2017)

JBDuke
11-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 92-63 win over Furman?

brlftz
11-20-2017, 09:29 PM
I hate to already take certain freshmen for granted, but I am. Went with Bolden in a close call over O'Connell. Either of them emerging as prime-time contributors would be fantastic. You could make the argument that O'Connell would actually fill more of a need, but I've been really rooting for Bolden since last year. O'Connell looks really good though...

Troublemaker
11-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Went with Duval barely over Bagley.

Trevon shot 9 for 10 on two-pointers, many of them beautiful finishes inside.

JNort
11-20-2017, 09:47 PM
This is one of those games where nobody has a bad vote. I went with Javin, he did a lot of the little things that aren't on the stat sheet. My second would be Duval but great game but several of the fellas.

Furniture
11-20-2017, 10:17 PM
I went with Tricky because he has played so well and just missed out a couple of times now.
Did everyone notice K giving a hug and some nice words at the end of the game...

Ima Facultiwyfe
11-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Ya just GOTTA love O'Connell. But tonight,Carter gets my vote for dependability and for keeping things steady while we waited for Bagley to get his act together.
Love, Ima

Bob Green
11-21-2017, 04:51 AM
Trevon Duval earns my MOTM vote with his assists (4) to turnover (1) performance. He now has 34 assists against six turnovers on the season. Scoring 18 points on 9-12 shooting did not hurt his cause. Duval takes care of the ball and gets to the rim for points.

Runner-up is a tie between Marvin Bagley and Wendell Carter. The two big guys are a load inside.

Henderson
11-21-2017, 08:18 AM
I voted for O'Connell, not because he was the most important contributor to the victory or the best Duke player on the court, but because of what his outstanding play in this game (10 points on 4-5 shooting (2-3 from 3). 2 rebounds, and a block in 12 minutes) does for the team going forward.

(1) It provides a cushion of talent in cases of foul trouble or injury; (2) It allows the flexibility to bring in fresh talent when the other team is tired; (3) It makes it even more difficult to game plan against this team, because he's yet another talented player who might bust out at any time and therefore must be accounted for; and (4) It adds to the baseline of returning talent for next year.

elvis14
11-21-2017, 11:26 AM
I voted for Marvin but could have easily voted for Trevon. Loved the contributions from Javin and O'Connell...not MOTM stuff but good contributions. I easily list a few more guys too, I think Javin and O'Connell are sticking out a bit because they are giving more than we expected.

jv001
11-21-2017, 12:29 PM
I voted for O'Connell, not because he was the most important contributor to the victory or the best Duke player on the court, but because of what his outstanding play in this game (10 points on 4-5 shooting (2-3 from 3). 2 rebounds, and a block in 12 minutes) does for the team going forward.

(1) It provides a cushion of talent in cases of foul trouble or injury; (2) It allows the flexibility to bring in fresh talent when the other team is tired; (3) It makes it even more difficult to game plan against this team, because he's yet another talented player who might bust out at any time and therefore must be accounted for; and (4) It adds to the baseline of returning talent for next year.

I voted for Alex for the reasons you listed and will say he had 1 assist with zero turnovers. He has surprised me with his ball handling. Good to see the young man contribute if only for 12 minutes. GoDuke!