PDA

View Full Version : WSoc: Duke to NCAA Quarterfinals

burnspbesq
11-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Blue Devils advance, 3-0 over Texas. Goals for Dorsey, McCoy, and Racioppi.

Duke will face either ND or Baylor at Koskinen next weekend for a chance to go to Orlando for the College Cup.

Down the road in Cary, Princeton scored against the run of play in the ninth minute of overtime to eliminate Carolina. Yeah, I know, que lastima.

-jk
11-19-2017, 03:45 PM
Blue Devils advance, 3-0 over Texas. Goals for Dorsey, McCoy, and Racioppi.

Duke will face either ND or Baylor at Koskinen next weekend for a chance to go to Orlando for the College Cup.

Down the road in Cary, Princeton scored against the run of play in the ninth minute of overtime to eliminate Carolina. Yeah, I know, que lastima.

A nice start to the day for soccer! Let's hope the evening goes as well!

-jk

stedge
11-19-2017, 05:11 PM
A nice start to the day for soccer! Let's hope the evening goes as well!

-jk

Rebecca Quinn (pretty sure that was 5), though she did not score, played the entire pitch and completely controlled the game. And what a diving header for our second score.

DukieInKansas
11-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Great news! Congratulations!

nmduke2001
11-19-2017, 05:38 PM
Rebecca Quinn (pretty sure that was 5), though she did not score, played the entire pitch and completely controlled the game. And what a diving header for our second score.

Quinn did not play in the ACC tournament. She was called up by the Canadian WNT for their two games in a week against the USWNT. Quinn played every minute at center back in game two. Team Canada had three girls (yes girls) under the age of 17 earn a national team cap in game two. They are doing exactly what the USMNT should be doing in terms of going with their young players.

Anyway, Duke is better when Rebecca Quinn is playing.

elvis14
11-19-2017, 06:34 PM
I was able to attend today's win over Texas and Friday nights win over OSU (or at least the second half after the Southern hoops game). Today I was with my daughters, my oldest is a high school soccer player. Friday night I was with a friend and his daughter who is a sophomore at my daughter's high school and is already committed to play for Duke. Really fun to attend the game, especially with the girls.

Quinn was fantastic, especially today. And that fearless diving header for a goal was amazing. I loved sitting next to my daughter and pointing out all the things the Blue Devils were doing right! Their spacing, passing, patience, etc.. I will likely miss next weeks game, which is a bummer because I'd like to see more.

Mike Corey
11-20-2017, 09:09 AM

Agreed on the latter point. Sensational goal.

This is a very fun team to watch and a very talented team. Here's hoping we can stay healthy and keep advancing.