PDA

View Full Version : Marques Bolden's role

WVDUKEFAN
11-17-2017, 02:32 PM
I don't know what it is about this young man, but I really like him. He was a very highly touted recruit last year, and due to injury, didn't develop like a lot of us had hoped he would. I followed some posts over the summer on the forum, and it sounds like he worked hard and made some great improvements. I really hope he will come on strong this season and improve as it progresses. I understand we've only seen three games, and he had strep throat the first two, which may have contributed to his limited minutes against Michigan State. It's probably reasonable to assume that he is not going to be a starter and more of role player behind Bagley and Carter, but I would really like to see him make the most of his minutes and get better. Show us what you are capable of, Marques!!!

BD80
11-17-2017, 02:33 PM
... I would really like to see him make the most of his minutes and get better. Show us what you are capable of, Marques!!!

Strep right up!

CrazyNotCrazie
11-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Can someone please change the title to this thread so there are no heart attacks? Thanks.

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2017, 02:40 PM
This should not be a vigil. This should just be a discussion. And I'm all for having this discussion in two weeks if his level of play hasn't improved.

Too premature right now. Everyone will be saying "strep throat". Tough to argue with that.

elvis14
11-17-2017, 02:44 PM
I think we are all hoping for that moment where the light bulb goes on and Marques starts to approach senior year Zoubekian production.

proelitedota
11-17-2017, 02:45 PM
I took a big gulp when I saw this thread. Not cool!

MChambers
11-17-2017, 02:48 PM
I took a big gulp when I saw this thread. Not cool!
This ain’t no stinkin’ vigil!

duke4ever19
11-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Can we stop with the click bait threads?

I thought the Bolden was injured and it turns out this is just about the strep throat that he's been on antibiotics for since last week.

ChillinDuke
11-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Agree. Stop with the click bait threads.

- Chillin

elvis14
11-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Interesting, as soon as I saw the title, I didn't think he was hurt I thought it would be a thread that discuss his slow start (which I really hope is because of strep).

JasonEvans
11-17-2017, 03:23 PM
I changed the thread title... vigils are for injuries only.

Though I suppose one could argue that Strep could be worth some kind of vigil, I think the thread title was too misleading.

SkyBrickey
11-17-2017, 04:31 PM
We have yet to see Marques at his best.

A breakout game. 10 points, 8 rebounds in 18 minutes. Maybe not tonight, but it's coming...

Duke95
11-17-2017, 04:39 PM
I am really pulling for Marques, just like I pulled for Chase Jeter. I really want this kid to succeed. I think all it would take is a big game to boost his confidence and open the floodgates for him.

Ultrarunner
11-17-2017, 05:11 PM
I am really pulling for Marques, just like I pulled for Chase Jeter. I really want this kid to succeed. I think all it would take is a big game to boost his confidence and open the floodgates for him.

Agreed. Also, Marques is a really big body who is not well-suited to chasing highly mobile bigs. I think he's going to be fine once he's fully healthy.

WVDUKEFAN
11-17-2017, 06:57 PM
My apologies for making this look like a click bait thread. I really just want to see him succeed.

arnie
11-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Unless there’s a definitive report regarding new injury or complications from strep throat, Bolden’s role looks minimal this year. Really though he’d get all of Bagleys rest/foul minutes and scattering of other minutes. Maybe not?

grossbus
11-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Is he even on the bench?

Duke95
11-17-2017, 08:15 PM
If he's not sick, then, based on his playing time, I expect he's planning on transferring at the end of this semester.

DangerDevil
11-17-2017, 08:18 PM
It’s the 4th game of the year and he has been sick. Can we wait a few minutes before the rampant speculation begins.

grossbus
11-17-2017, 08:23 PM
In the game now

arnie
11-17-2017, 08:29 PM
In the game now

They’re feeding it to him relelentlessly this half, so I don’t think he’s hurt or sick. Mixed results so far, but glad to see minutes for him.

weezie
11-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Seems like his confidence is slowly growing...

dukefan_828
11-17-2017, 11:45 PM
I consider myself the leader, i often scream for top of the key marquees isolation plays to be called from time to time. No seriously i'm not sure why but i really cheer for this guy and badly want to see him succeed. Not just for selfish reasons i'm sure it has been a let down to him with all the hype from last years class which lets face it he hasn't really lived up to while his other classmates went one N done as predicted and are now millionaires providing for there families. like im sure he wants to and expected to be. Then another tough break for him to have a potentially generational talent in Bagley come in late and take his spot (probably didn't help w the whole confidence thing many think he is missing). I hope he stays above vrank bc i know there is a beast in their waiting to unleash. Was weird to see him not play at all in the first then get extended burn in the second as well as being the focal point offensively on several possessions. He looked good on the eye test except the botched transition play (key lack of confidence) would have loved to see him slam it in stride like he did on his other made attempt. Grabbed some strong boards. Idk what to think but i would like to see him get 15 min a game. Would like to hear other opinions and feel free to dm me for approval to join fan club:cool:

YmoBeThere
11-19-2017, 05:26 AM
Okay, that was a bit difficult to read, but I get it. You are a Marques fan. I definitely want to see him succeed also. And hopefully he will learn much more about himself in the process.

WillJ
11-19-2017, 09:46 AM
I hope he succeeds, but I'm reminded of Wojo's comment about freshman Elton Brand that "the basket just swallows his shot," meaning that Brand had excellent touch around the basket. To be effective offensively, I think Marquise needs that skill. I wouldn't as yet say that Marquise has shown it, though I remain hopeful.

Troublemaker
12-06-2017, 10:54 AM
I agree.

MB had 17 points and 10 boards in 15 minutes of play. I'll be the first to say he is a work in progress, but there is significant improvement from last year.

I read GeneBanks comment several times. I don’t see that he’s bashing Bolden, just giving his opinion that Marques not likely gonna be drafted in 2018. Bolden has certainly improved over last year, but I suspect NBA scouts will want see the numbers from last night against high end competition. I do believe he continues to improve, comes back to Duke next year and ultimately makes an NBA team.

Words like "absurd," "elsewhere," and "reality" take the post from "analysis" to "bashing" in my mind. Your mileage may vary.

Although, of course, those comments were made BEFORE the game.

Fair point. I guess the Devil is in the details...

WHy do you prefer Vrank over Bolden?

Yeah, I would hope the Vrank over Bolden crowd goes quiet after last night's performance. Bolden just needs court time. He's not as fluid as Carter, but I think he can be a very solid starter for us next year, averaging around 12 and 8, just like Carter this year. I see him being a key piece on a Final 4 team next year and then getting drafted in the first round - really hope he chooses that route over coming out this year as a mid to late second round pick.

I agree the sentiment here, though I'm agnostic on the question of his NBA future. Perhaps my crystal ball isn't as good as that of some folks here. Bolden is not ready for the NBA yet, but he's only 19 years old. Maybe he won't develop into an NBA player. But let's see where it goes before ripping him as a never-will-be. He's one of ours, and I'm rooting hard for him.

While I'm reluctant to post this on this thread rather than the Bolden thread(if there is one?), here goes:

Marques moves so much better this season than last. Could he have had a leg injury or was he just out of shape? Or more likely he was just a freshmen player that had too much hype and I expected too much from him. I'm liking his energy and movement this season and his performance last night was outstanding. I should have voted for him over Gary but I didn't. Another big that has shown improvement is Robinson. I know he didn't get much PT last season but in the limited action, I did not see this type performance. This team really looks to get along well and some praise needs to go to our Captain Grayson. He seems like he's having fun playing the game again, free of the ESPN baggage he had to carry last season and free of injury will do that. I thank The Lord that He gave me this team to root for after watching the inept NCAA drop the ball on the fraud that went on just down the road. For a while I didn't think I would watch one game this season. GoDuke!

Let's move this discussion out of the 2018 recruiting thread.

Billy Dat
12-06-2017, 12:34 PM
K quotes from last night...

On what Marques Bolden can take away from his performance tonight:
“Well I don’t know, you have to ask him, I’m not a mind reader. I thought he had a better second half than a first half. But he played
well, he played more demonstrative in the second half. He played okay in the first half, but in the second half he played with a good
fire, which is what we need.”

On takeaways from Marques Bolden’s performance in practice and tonight:
“I can see good and bad in practice. We’re going to get too minute here in what I see and what I don’t see. No, it’s not a breakout,
he’s a good player, he should play well every game. I wouldn’t call a 50-point win over this team as a breakout for anybody. But did
he play well? He played well. Marques has helped us, we wouldn’t have won the Indiana game without Marques diving for the damn
ball. To me, that was more of a breakout. And I have not seen him do that in practice and those are the type of things that we’re
looking for, guys trying to do whatever they can to help us win.”

Troublemaker
12-06-2017, 12:58 PM
K quotes from last night...

On what Marques Bolden can take away from his performance tonight:
“Well I don’t know, you have to ask him, I’m not a mind reader. I thought he had a better second half than a first half. But he played
well, he played more demonstrative in the second half. He played okay in the first half, but in the second half he played with a good
fire, which is what we need.”

On takeaways from Marques Bolden’s performance in practice and tonight:
“I can see good and bad in practice. We’re going to get too minute here in what I see and what I don’t see. No, it’s not a breakout,
he’s a good player, he should play well every game. I wouldn’t call a 50-point win over this team as a breakout for anybody. But did
he play well? He played well. Marques has helped us, we wouldn’t have won the Indiana game without Marques diving for the damn
ball. To me, that was more of a breakout. And I have not seen him do that in practice and those are the type of things that we’re

Yeah, I'm with Coach here. I've seen some posts saying last night was Bolden's best in a Duke uniform. Nah, his best game was still the Miami performance in Cameron last season. Last night, he just did what he should do against a small team who additionally did not double-team effectively.

Billy Dat
12-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I'm with Coach here. I've seen some posts saying last night was Bolden's best in a Duke uniform. Nah, his best game was still the Miami performance in Cameron last season. Last night, he just did what he should do against a small team who additionally did not double-team effectively.

I think K's comments were pretty unguarded and seem to speak to a level of dissatisfaction with Bolden's overall grasp of what they want him to do.

But, it was at the end of a list of questions about individual players that seemed to annoy him - he was trying to stress the team, etc.

DevilYouKnow
12-06-2017, 01:12 PM
I thought Marques played like a beast last night.

He was surprising me with his agility, his aggressiveness and his control. He has often looked like he was overthinking everything and trying not to screw up. Last night was a completely different Marques, one that offers no relief for our opponents when Bags and Li'l Wen get a breather.

uh_no
12-06-2017, 01:14 PM
And I have not seen him do that in practice and those are the type of things that we’re

really good quote....especially for those of us who are only seeing his seemingly greater effort in games. Needs to bring that every day in practice.

flyingdutchdevil
12-06-2017, 01:20 PM
I think K's comments were pretty unguarded and seem to speak to a level of dissatisfaction with Bolden's overall grasp of what they want him to do.

But, it was at the end of a list of questions about individual players that seemed to annoy him - he was trying to stress the team, etc.

Yeah...I don't think I've heard Coach K talk about a player like this.

Interesting...

BD80
12-06-2017, 01:22 PM

His comments also seem to me to highlight how silly it is to speculate on Bolden's role based upon a few minutes in a blow-out victory over a seriously undersized opponent. It is what Bolden does in practice that matters.

jimsumner
12-06-2017, 01:43 PM

Sure. But Duke has played other under-sized teams this season and Bolden hasn't done what he should have done. He was more decisive and more confident last night than I have seen him and I take that as a step forward.

Doing it against better competition is the next step. But doing it at all is a framework for taking that next step.

BeachBlueDevil
12-06-2017, 01:43 PM
When I watch Bolden play I often think to myself that he doesn't play to his size. He's a big guy (6'11/250) and should be able to just bully people down low. To some extent he does, but I think he still has room to grow in that department. He did it last night at times against St. Francis a much smaller team but I'd like to see him do it constantly against guys his size. If that trait ever comes he could be be a big time force down low.

BandAlum83
12-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Bolden's numbers last night were great, sure, but watching him play made so readily apparent how freakishly amazing Bagley, and to a lesser extent Carter are.

Two sequences made it clear when Bolden rebounded his own misses and didn't have the second jump ability or standing jump ability to slam it back home. We hear about his wingspan and standing reach as being immense, but it didn't show on those plays. It was nice that his 3rd attempt in both cases resulted in an "and one", but against typical D1 sized competition, he wouldn't have even gotten the first O rebound.

Speaking of wingspan, standing reach and length, I can't say how many times I've seen Bagley (of the supposed not-ready-for NBA length) has attacked the basket and I thought "he will never reach the basket from there," yet he does with a resounding dunk. I guess his not-freakish wingspan is made up for by his incredible hops and second jump. (It sure looks like length to me).

Believe me, I am rooting for Bolden, but his size doesn't seem to come with the motor, hops or footwork we all desperately expected to see when he committed to Duke. Zoubek became a key part of the 2010 championship team. He didn't have the physicality of a Bagley. I think I'm starting to believe a Zoubek-type role is the ceiling for Marques.

Dr. Rosenrosen
12-06-2017, 02:39 PM
(content deleted due to destructive criticism of a Duke player)
What? How can you say this?

Last year was rough for sure. For a lot of guys actually. He was injured, etc., etc. And probably frustrated. Fine.

This year he's getting his first meaningful, regular minutes. He is effectively now getting the experience we all hoped he would have gotten last year.

Last night he played just as well as the other bigs against the same competition. So let's not try to downplay what he did last night. Not saying he is better than MB or WC. But I think it's ridiculous, even ludicrous, especially at this point in the season, to suggest that he is a "net negative" and a "detriment" to the team.

Or are you just trying to get us riled up? Some more. Again.

DukieInBrasil
12-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Bolden's numbers last night were great, sure, but watching him play made so readily apparent how freakishly amazing Bagley, and to a lesser extent Carter are.

Two sequences made it clear when Bolden rebounded his own misses and didn't have the second jump ability or standing jump ability to slam it back home. We hear about his wingspan and standing reach as being immense, but it didn't show on those plays. It was nice that his 3rd attempt in both cases resulted in an "and one", but against typical D1 sized competition, he wouldn't have even gotten the first O rebound.

Speaking of wingspan, standing reach and length, I can't say how many times I've seen Bagley (of the supposed not-ready-for NBA length) has attacked the basket and I thought "he will never reach the basket from there," yet he does with a resounding dunk. I guess his not-freakish wingspan is made up for by his incredible hops and second jump. (It sure looks like length to me).

Believe me, I am rooting for Bolden, but his size doesn't seem to come with the motor, hops or footwork we all desperately expected to see when he committed to Duke. Zoubek became a key part of the 2010 championship team. He didn't have the physicality of a Bagley. I think I'm starting to believe a Zoubek-type role is the ceiling for Marques.

i made a similar type comment in the MOTM thread.
I agree with pretty much everything in this post. I'm pulling for Marques, and i'm hoping that he converts his physical gifts into solid production. Whether it's this year or next, i hope he sticks with it and keeps learning from the best.

CDu
12-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Sure. But Duke has played other under-sized teams this season and Bolden hasn't done what he should have done. He was more decisive and more confident last night than I have seen him and I take that as a step forward.

Doing it against better competition is the next step. But doing it at all is a framework for taking that next step.

Bingo. 100% agree. This was not the first time he has had a huge edge in size, but it is the first time I have seen Bolden be an assertive presence for consistent minutes.

Is it evidence/proof that he is figuring things out? No. But it is a start. And it is better than what he has been doing thus far in this career.

MChambers
12-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Bingo. 100% agree. This was not the first time he has had a huge edge in size, but it is the first time I have seen Bolden be an assertive presence for consistent minutes.

Is it evidence/proof that he is figuring things out? No. But it is a start. And it is better than what he has been doing thus far in this career.

I thought Bolden really struggled for most of the first half, but he played a lot better in the second half. He’s improving, and I’m rooting for him. Let’s see him do it in a big game.

dukelifer
12-09-2017, 07:53 AM

Exactly. Bolden looked aggressive and much more confident. If he can do that consistently - he can realize his potential. Some players develop slowly -and confidence is a delicate thing. I see progress. He just needs time.

GeneBanksManCrush
12-09-2017, 08:19 AM
I agree with the above.

There's no shame in not being a one and done player, just as there's no shame in being a 3 or 4 year player. Bolden has the potential to be outstanding next year and/or the year after.

I certainly understand the urgency for kids to go pro if they're NBA-ready right now; the real tragedy is if they delude themselves, overestimate their game, and hire an agent too soon.

CameronBornAndBred
12-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Exactly. Bolden looked aggressive and much more confident. If he can do that consistently - he can realize his potential. Some players develop slowly -and confidence is a delicate thing. I see progress. He just needs time.

And I love to watch that progress. Sure, players like Bolden can be the source of frustration, but they can also be so rewarding!
Big men that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing get better in the age of the one and done...

Brian Zoubek
Miles Plumlee
Mason Plumlee

I can recall shouting at my TV at every one of those guys. I can remember wondering why they weren't playing more, and then watching them and thinking "Go sit on the bench!" And those three are favorites of mine. It's a wonderful reward to see K's coaching system work. (Even though he has no idea what he's doing with those big guys. :rolleyes:)
I truly hope that we get a pleasant surprise and Bolden stays in Cameron for four years, because I think as a senior, he is going to be a force to reckon with, and his experience will be a great asset to the team. I'd also think that as a senior, his role would include Captain. Quite possibly next year, too.

CameronBornAndBred
01-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Interesting quote from Coach K in the sit down interview they aired during halftime of the Pitt game.

"We have three guys; Marvin Bagley III, Wendell Carter, and Marques Bolden, that are all going to have pro careers. Maybe all three at the end of this season."

arnie
01-20-2018, 05:39 PM
Interesting quote from Coach K in the sit down interview they aired during halftime of the Pitt game.

Why would he say this, unless he thinks Bolden may go overseas?

MChambers
01-20-2018, 05:44 PM
Why would he say this, unless he thinks Bolden may go overseas?

Coach K is almost very supportive of his players in his public statements.

arnie
01-20-2018, 05:48 PM
Coach K is almost very supportive of his players in his public statements.
Yea, my question is the last part, “maybe at the end of this season”.

MChambers
01-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Yea, my question is the last part, “maybe at the end of this season”.

Just guessing, but maybe that was Bolden’s goal at the start of the season.

MartyClark
01-20-2018, 06:13 PM
I can't read what Marques or his family are thinking. I'd like to see him stay another year and further develop his game.

His current injury may limit his time for the near future. I don't think, based on what I've seen this year, that even absent the injury he was on track to be a high second round draft choice in the NBA.

I'll never criticize a young man like him if he decides to go pro after this year and ends up in Europe. I'm not sure that's his best option for him but don't know his personal, financial or academic circumstances.

I hope he heals up, gets some meaningful minutes, and helps this team have an extended tournament run.

Go Duke!

El_Diablo
01-20-2018, 06:41 PM

I think that’s an old interview that the ACCN first showed a couple months ago. Either that or he is repeating himself almost verbatim on that point.

WVDUKEFAN
01-20-2018, 07:55 PM
What is the timeline for his return? I was hoping he would be back by now.

UrinalCake
01-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Yeah I wouldn't make too much out of those statements. I still believe in Bolden, really hope he can get healthy because he could still contribute this season and could definitely play a major role next season. As of now his career is on a Brian Zoubek-type of trajectory (which hopefully will also include a national title).

SkyBrickey
01-20-2018, 08:48 PM
With Zion coming to Duke, Marques has the opportunity to be THE MAN inside as a Junior surrounded by 4 extremely talented freshmen. He could easily average 15 pts and 10 reb a game with that lineup if he continues to improve his game. He's then a solid first round draft pick with his size and potential. Really hope he comes back to anchor the middle for us next year...

lotusland
01-20-2018, 09:57 PM
With Zion coming to Duke, Marques has the opportunity to be THE MAN inside as a Junior surrounded by 4 extremely talented freshmen. He could easily average 15 pts and 10 reb a game with that lineup if he continues to improve his game. He's then a solid first round draft pick with his size and potential. Really hope he comes back to anchor the middle for us next year...

I would love for you to be right but Marques hasn’t had the motor to play 20MPG, doesn’t shoot outside of 10 ft, doesn’t dribble or drive at all and he’s not a good free throw shooter. I hope he has a couple or three 15 point games but he’s not going to get enough lobs or post ups or put backs to average 15 points a game. I think it will be great for Duke and Marques if he can manage 20-25 MPG averaging 8-10 points, 8-10 boards and 1.5 blocks.

Bull City Proud
01-21-2018, 09:46 AM
I would love for you to be right but Marques hasn’t had the motor to play 20MPG, doesn’t shoot outside of 10 ft, doesn’t dribble or drive at all and he’s not a good free throw shooter. I hope he has a couple or three 15 point games but he’s not going to get enough lobs or post ups or put backs to average 15 points a game. I think it will be great for Duke and Marques if he can manage 20-25 MPG averaging 8-10 points, 8-10 boards and 1.5 blocks.

Sorry to disagree but there is Zero chance of your scenario happening with Bolden. Wishful thinking

DavidBenAkiva
01-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Sorry to disagree but there is Zero chance of your scenario happening with Bolden. Wishful thinking

Care to elaborate?

Let's assume Bolden is the starting center on the 2018-19 team. Surrounded by elite talent on the wings, his role will primarily be defensive, setting screens, and grabbing offensive rebounds. If he does play 20-25 MPG, he would be in great position to average 8-10 rebounds a game, a couple of blocks, and could get enough putbacks and post-ups to average 8-10 points per game. What's the counterargument?

UrinalCake
01-21-2018, 10:08 AM
^ I guess the counter arguments would be that he hasn’t shown good defensive awareness, he doesn’t move his feet well, he’s not a great rebounder, and he can’t stay healthy. But as I said earlier, I’m rooting for him.

dukelifer
01-21-2018, 10:27 AM
^ I guess the counter arguments would be that he hasn’t shown good defensive awareness, he doesn’t move his feet well, he’s not a great rebounder, and he can’t stay healthy. But as I said earlier, I’m rooting for him.
Injuries have limited him in a big way. It affected him in the summer and now during the season. Bolden is capable of becoming a very good b-ball player but he has to stay healthy.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-21-2018, 10:34 AM

"Zero" with a capital Z.

Okay, so, what's your slightly more developed answer? Why is it not happening? Too injury prone? Is he transferring? Going pro? Not going to see that much playing time? Going to see that much time, but won't produce?

Or are you just disappointed in him in general?

DukeDevilDeb
01-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Marques is one of the nicest and most hard working of the basketball players I've had in class (and, believe me, I've had a few). He was appropriately frustrated at the end of last year because his injuries had held him back from developing his basketball skills as much as he thought he would. Coming back was a great, great decision on his part.

As we saw in the first few games, he is MUCH IMPROVED this year over last. I love his ability to move laterally and think he is the best big man we have to defend against the pick and roll. The problems we've had in that area since he's been out are a real testament to that.

His injury this year occurred in practice and was really unfortunate. As Coach K said in his press conference, they had hoped he would recover more quickly, and his "straight running" is fine... he just can't move laterally yet. He wants to be back in the game more than anything. I know he is doing everything the trainers and coaches are telling him to... and I know he will be back as soon as possible. He could be a very important defensive player come March.

Go Marques! Go Blue Devils!

weezie
01-21-2018, 11:41 AM
...I know he is doing everything the trainers and coaches are telling him to... and I know he will be back as soon as possible. He could be a very important defensive player come March...

That's great to read. He's one young man who is hard to read, very even-tempered, kind of a gentle giant guy. We'd all love to see him bloom. Just get over the injury issues.

ncexnyc
01-21-2018, 12:23 PM
It took Brian Zoubek awhile to get healthy and find his groove. I remember how we often wondered why he was so highly touted coming out of high school and why we never saw any of that potential.

Of course there were a few wise people who reminded us what it was like to attempt running with a metal object in your shoe. Brian finally got his groove on and the rest is history.

I doubt anyone would complain if Marques had similar career trajectory.

budwom
01-21-2018, 12:31 PM
It took Brian Zoubek awhile to get healthy and find his groove. I remember how we often wondered why he was so highly touted coming out of high school and why we never saw any of that potential.

Of course there were a few wise people who reminded us what it was like to attempt running with a metal object in your shoe. Brian finally got his groove on and the rest is history.

I doubt anyone would complain if Marques had similar career trajectory.

I believe Brian saw it a little bit differently, but all's well that ends well, and I share your hopes for Bolden.

ncexnyc
01-21-2018, 12:48 PM
I believe Brian saw it a little bit differently, but all's well that ends well, and I share your hopes for Bolden.

You're right! I was viewing things from a fans POV and that was being insensitive to the players.

While we all enjoy a storybook ending the hardships endured getting to that point are something I'm sure the kids would rather not go through.