PDA

View Full Version : Blue-White Pregame

savagehenry
10-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Last year Inside Access streamed the Blue-White game and the exhibitions. I haven't seen anything advertised about it this year. Does anyone know if someone is going to host those broadcasts?

Clipsfan
10-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Last year Inside Access streamed the Blue-White game and the exhibitions. I haven't seen anything advertised about it this year. Does anyone know if someone is going to host those broadcasts?

Did you have to pay for Inside Access last year?

camcraz25
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
yes, paying for inside access for a month's subscription got you the blue/white game (i think) and a couple of the exhibition games...i cancelled it after that month because games started on tv

Lulu
10-23-2007, 08:29 AM
I've been waiting to ask this same question.

hedgehog
10-23-2007, 10:13 AM
What is the story with Inside Access? Can I use it to watch televised games? If not, is there another way to stream televised games over the internet?

I will be in Brazil for almost the whole season and need to find a way to get my view the games. I know the issue of watching oveseas comes up every year, but I have never paid attention as it has not been germane to me before. Thanks!

ACCBBallFan
10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
What is the story with Inside Acess? Can I use it to watch televised games? If not, is there another way to stream televised games over the internet?

I will be in Brazil for almost the whole season and need to find a way to get my view the games. I know the issue of watching oveseas comes up every year, but I have never paid attention as it has not been germane to me before. Thanks!
There are a few options.

http://acc.playonsports.tv ACC Select has some Men;s games and lots of women's games, usually not the ones already on ESPN or FoxSports.

Cost is pretty reasonable.

Try Googling TVU or Sopcast or any of the free internet streaming sites, though sometimes you are dependent on using their message board to coax someone to stream the game for you.

http://blog.adglobe.net/2006/12/06/sopcast-another-watch-online-tv-like-tvu-player/

Cameron
10-23-2007, 09:08 PM
As I will unfortunately not be able to make the trip to Durham for the Blue-White game (really, really hoped I could but work and distance is in the way:(), will somebody be there once again to film it and either uploaded it to the net or provide it on eBay?

I have purchased these games from there in the past and was just wondering if that option would be available again this year or if the person who has filmed the game in the past is a member of this site?. Thanks.

SilkyJ
10-23-2007, 09:58 PM

yes it will be offered on inside access. see the link towards the end of this article:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1285124

OZZIE4DUKE
10-24-2007, 07:39 PM
This link will take you to it:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=826884

mgtr
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I am trying hard to sign up for the streaming video of the BW scrimmage plus the exhibition games, but with no success. First I tried with my DSL system in SC, now I am in Florida where I have a cable modem. All I when I look at the sample is a black screen with a message "connecting to server" on both systems. My systems are both pretty new, and I don't believe that I have a settings issue. Then I try the customer service link, and it appears to be broken -- I get an error message.
Any thoughts to help out here?

OZZIE4DUKE
10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
I am trying hard to sign up for the streaming video of the BW scrimmage plus the exhibition games, but with no success. First I tried with my DSL system in SC, now I am in Florida where I have a cable modem. All I when I look at the sample is a black screen with a message "connecting to server" on both systems. My systems are both pretty new, and I don't believe that I have a settings issue. Then I try the customer service link, and it appears to be broken -- I get an error message.

Might you have to wait until they are actually broadcasting to connect? Don't know if they would have a "test pattern" up when they are not.

Lulu
10-25-2007, 10:45 PM

I was going to post the same thing but thought it wasn't really others problem. All I ever get is black screen and the same "connecting to server..." message. Once I got "Ready", but still no video. I've tried on 3 different machines and tried all of their shoddy troubleshooting tips, but nothing works for me. I've paid for this in past years and I know it eventually worked. I'm certain I'm even using the same computer and modem that I used last year in one test but it still doesn't work.

Is anyone able to view the test video?????

Lulu
10-25-2007, 11:20 PM
btw, it's the "Test Video" on the page with the options "Yes, I can see the Video" and "System Requirements" that doesn't work for me. There's a sample video on the goduke page advertising inside access that works (where my email from goduke sent me), but when I click "Sign up now" it's the test video on the next page that doesn't work. Just to be clear...

mgtr
10-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Thanks, Lulu, we are talking about the same thing. I guess that, in a way, if I see the "connecting to server," I am seeing the video. I will go ahead and sign up.

Lulu
10-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Sorry to bump, but hasn't anyone here checked the test video??? Please respond if you are able to view the inside access test video we've been discussing above because I still get nothing and I'd really like to check out the game tomorrow (I'm afraid I'll be spending 2 hours playing with settings instead).

ACCBBallFan
10-27-2007, 06:35 AM
btw, it's the "Test Video" on the page with the options "Yes, I can see the Video" and "System Requirements" that doesn't work for me. There's a sample video on the goduke page advertising inside access that works (where my email from goduke sent me), but when I click "Sign up now" it's the test video on the next page that doesn't work. Just to be clear...
A couple things you may have to try:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=

Make sure you have the latest version of windows Media Player

Not sure if it is the case on the one you are trying, but sometimes when you get the black screen on Windows Media, it starts out with the pause button !! and you have to hit it once to get the play button >

Finally make sure your sound is on to see if you are at least getting the Audio if not the video

mgtr
10-27-2007, 07:22 AM

I don't think anyone has directly responded to this. As with Lulu, I can view the video press conferences on the advertising page, but not the "Test Video" on the sign up page. Am I OK for tonight?

dukerev
10-27-2007, 09:01 AM
DBR mainpage said that Marty and Dave are going to sit this out recovering from injuries. That leaves 11 players to play the game. Are the lineups announced before the game? Has anyone seen them? Will the teams switch throughout the game?

I also saw some highlights from Arkansas' Red-White game last night. New head coach John Pelphrey (formerly of UK fame) came in and played a couple of minutes, hitting a three. I wonder how a team including Dawkins, Wojo and Collins would do against our current team.

grossbus
10-27-2007, 09:17 AM
marty...MAN! kid can't get a break! does anyone have more info, e.g. severity, prognosis.

:(

can we expect some reports from those able to attend????

VaDukie
10-27-2007, 09:37 AM
marty...MAN! kid can't get a break! does anyone have more info, e.g. severity, prognosis.

:(

can we expect some reports from those able to attend????

In droves.

Indoor66
10-27-2007, 09:39 AM
In droves.

LOL - I was thinking ad nauseum!

ACCBBallFan
10-27-2007, 09:40 AM
I also saw some highlights from Arkansas' Red-White game last night. New head coach John Pelphrey (formerly of UK fame) came in and played a couple of minutes, hitting a three. I wonder how a team including Dawkins, Wojo and Collins would do against our current team.
In a similar vein, there was a report of Wojo playing one one (three one's with Singler, Zoubek and Lance apparently alternating each possession though I was not there, with modified scoring-see below).

When Wojo won 15-14, Singler insisted win by two and Wojo still won 17-15. I am going by memory but I think it said Wojo got a point if they missed rather than Wojo actually playing Offense, just defense.

ACCBBallFan
10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
DBR mainpage said that Marty and Dave are going to sit this out recovering from injuries. That leaves 11 players to play the game. Are the lineups announced before the game? Has anyone seen them? Will the teams switch throughout the game?

Coach K has not been consistent. Sometimes he looks for parity and other times, he uses B-W to showcase his starters or style of play.

particularly with Dave and Marty out, I hope he does the former though whoever gets Henderson in these pairings would have an advantage.

Zoubek-King as post defenders
Singler-Lance as traditional 4's
Nolan-Demarcus as on the ball defenders
Scheyer-Paulus as solid combos and Paulus split from Nolan to be PG
Henderson has no comparable dance partner with Johnson or Davidson

Would be interesting to see the three freshmen together

Singler-Lance
Nolan-Demarcus
King-Zoubek
(Davidson/Johnson)-Paulus on opposite side from Nolan
(Henderson/Scheyer)-(Scheyer/Henderson) possibly switch at halftime

On your point, K has sometimes had guys change teams at halftime to vary the match ups.

Give the frosh one of Scheyer-Henderson and a walk on and give Paulus and (Scheyer/Henderson) to Nelson-Lance-Zoubek to be fairly even..

If K goes with the team that has been practicing the most together

Nolan-Nelson-Henderson-Singler-Lance,

not very even unless Paulus-Scheyer-King hit a ton of 3s or Zoubek is just Too Tall.

It would definitely showcase how tough they might be as a defensive up tempo unit though, but a slight to Paulus-Scheyer IMO to pair the slower veterans with comparably slower bigs and a walkon.

So need to give Paulus-Scheyer-King-Zoubek the best defender Nelson and

have the walk on play on team with Nolan-Singler-Lance-Henderson-walk on).

If you switch King and Lance, back where we started to Nolan-Singler-King-Henderson-walk on.

So that;s another way K could switch the teams around at half-time to vary the look.

grossbus
10-27-2007, 10:33 AM
you usually gots inside info, what you gots on marty???

Cameron
10-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks in advance to those who will be displaying the in game updates. It will be much appreciated by this Duke fan.

Also, like grossbus said, any updates on the severity to Marty's injury? Hopefully it wasn't a re-injury, and, instead, just a minor, three or four day setback.

I'm hoping for a BIG NIGHT from my main man, King Taylor. I know you can't base everything off a Blue-White performance (see the now infamous Zoubek Blue-White), but it would be very nice to see him show some signs of big things to come. A lot of people on here seem to think he won't play any significant minutes whatsover, but I disagree. I think King Taylor's three-point shooting will be a very integral part of our offense in certain games and I look for him to hit up 15 minutes a night.

Anyway, should be a fun night.

VaDukie
10-27-2007, 11:59 AM
I'll be at Blue-White more as a scout than a fan; I've got so many questions and I can never cheer one way or the other anyway.

Should I take pen and paper? :cool:

hondoheel
10-27-2007, 12:00 PM
I suppose it will be Paulus versus Smith, no?

ACCBBallFan
10-27-2007, 12:03 PM
I'll be at Blue-White more as a scout than a fan; I've got so many questions and I can never cheer one way or the other anyway.

yes, a ream of paper and many pens. Like Duke, can never have too much backup, and if you are like me, better write things down as they happen or risk forgetting a lot when you try and reconstruct.

watzone
10-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Blue - King, Zoubek, Smith, Scheyer, Johnson ??

White - Thomas, Paulus, Hendo, Nelson, Singler

That was the lineups during open practice

LetItBD08
10-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Are the lineups announced before the game? Has anyone seen them? Will the teams switch throughout the game?

Okay, sit down for this one. Supposedly two student raffle winners at the Duke Gameday event will pick the teams. I'd imagine that this will be for only one half. In past years, teams have switched at "halftime." Coach K's logic: "It's our scrimmage, we can do whatever we want."

lavell12
10-27-2007, 12:53 PM

White= starting five?

VaDukie
10-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Okay, sit down for this one. Supposedly two student raffle winners at the Duke Gameday event will pick the teams. I'd imagine that this will be for only one half. In past years, teams have switched at "halftime." Coach K's logic: "It's our scrimmage, we can do whatever we want."

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

ACCBBallFan
10-27-2007, 01:16 PM

Interesting, I would think the white lineup would dominate, which coach K sometimes does to showcase the starters and style of play, but other times he has chosen parity.

From the pictures on your site, Thank you very much BTW, looked like rather than play the starting lineup together in Blue-White, there were a couple of different pairings that always split up Singler/Lance and Henderson/Nelson for more parity and inter-mixed those 4:

Blue-White
Paulus-Smith
Scheyer-Walk Ons
Henderson-Nelson
Singler-King
Zoubek-Lance

Blue-White
King-Zoubek
Singler-Lance
Nelson-Henderson
Walk Ons-Scheyer
Smith-Paulus

So it appeared at least during those photo ops that

Paulus-Scheyer-Henderson-Zoubek are paired with either Lance/Singler

Smith-Walk Ons-Nelson-King are paired with either Singler/Lance.

Whatever the lineups, looking forward to hearing how they improved from last year and how the frosh look. Dave is pretty much a known quantity but

would have be interesting to see how much Marty's game has changed, particularly whether the was lost or found on defense.

micah75
10-27-2007, 02:08 PM

If you've got a #2 pencil, that'll work just fine. Paper? Sure, bring an 8 x 5 legal-ruled tablet. Also, bring your laptop, cell-phone, sunglasses, some Mountain-Dew, and a radar-gun. And maybe a mega-phone if you need to stop the action while taking notes.

Looking forward to the scouting reports from yourself and others.

Jumbo
10-27-2007, 02:48 PM

Really? In your pictures, it looks like there was a fair amount of switching -- Thomas and Nelson were definitely on white at one point, Scheyer was definitely on blue at one point, etc.

godukerocks
10-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello everyone,
Basketball season starts tonight in Durham...and I want to watch.
Problem is, right now I'm having problems with that.
On goduke.com, whenever I try to view the test video for inside access, it does not load, and continually just shows a black screen, and on some occasions will just show a green screen. I've just installed Windows media player 11, but it hasn't worked.
Anyone who could help me out would be appreciated, alot.

Go Duke

mgtr
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Its after 7, and I get nothing.

Truth
10-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Is this working for anyone?

mgtr
10-27-2007, 08:36 PM
OK, I got it with no problems. Results: We gave three terrific freshmen. I may also revise my opinion about Hendo starting -- he has obviously worked on his game over the summer. Taylor King came out firing -- he should probably do that every game, before people expect it. Zoubek is marginally better than last year, Thomas is better to much better. Very hard to pick starters other than Singler, Nelson, Paulus (although Smith looked very, very good). I think we will have an interesting season!