PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Elon (Nov 10, 2017)

JBDuke
11-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 97-68 win over Elon tonight?

Furniture
11-10-2017, 10:49 PM
I love Grayson but...

Marvin Bagley III Sets Duke Freshman Record with 25 Points

Bob Green
11-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Marvin Bagley III wins my MOTM vote with the record 25 points performance. He has a strong motor and is relentless on the boards.

Runner-up: Grayson Allen set the tone early and often with 22 points going 6-9 on 3PT FG. Sixty-six percent from behind the line is awesome. Allen is going to be the MOTM a lot this season.

Honorable Mention: Javin DeLaurier with 11 rebounds (6 offensive).

mbwalker
11-11-2017, 08:05 AM
MOTM has to be Grayson Allen. He set the tone early and often, giving Duke its early large lead. By the time Bagley scored his first basket to make it 20-3, the game was virtually over. Although he ended up scoring more points than Allen, the freshman's points came in garbage time, rather than early in the game, when they would have mattered more.

Grayson also deserves credit for going into a game with Elon and putting the previous year's game behind him. If you hadn't seen it, you would have never know that Grayson's 2016-17 troubles came to a head in a game with Elon, or that the player he tangled with was on the court last night.

Bagley's a great talent and will certainly be MOTM many times to come, but this game belonged to Grayson.

jv001
11-11-2017, 12:04 PM
I voted for Grayson but Mr. Bagley had a great game as well. Hard to believe he's just a frosh. Grayson got the team off to a great start with some three pointers but his all-around game was what impressed me. In the 2nd half he was content to get others involved, especially Bagley. Grayson's movement made me forget his injury plagued season in 2016-17. He did his job of captain very well. GoDuke!

azzefkram
11-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Tempted to pick Grayson but went with MBIII for doing something record breaking.

JNort
11-11-2017, 03:11 PM
I felt really torn between Bagley and Duval. First I'll say that yes Grayson played great and set the early tone of the game but it was a normal game for him. I like to vote for the guys who really step up or go beyond in some way.

Bagley set the point record for a frosh debut and I dont wanna sound like I'm taking away from it but it was against a much smaller team.

Duval was my pick, with 8 assists and 0 turnovers with 3 steals. I was a little nervous about him and his decision making going into the game but he impressed me overall more so than anyone else. Your are my MOTM Mr. Duval

BandAlum83
11-11-2017, 04:49 PM
This was a close call.

gray
11-11-2017, 11:51 PM
This was a close call.

I have a feeling that we’ll see a lot of divided MOTM polls this season. And that’s a great thing. Gave the nod to Bagley for such a spectacular freshman debut.

elvis14
11-12-2017, 10:07 AM
I gave it to Grayson for leading the way in many ways

El_Diablo
11-12-2017, 10:26 AM
For posterity's sake, I hereby change my vote to Grayson Allen.

(I meant to vote Bagley for the UVU game, but this was bumped up above it.)