PDA

View Full Version : Oh MAN!

Lord Ash
11-10-2017, 09:13 PM
So, ran into Matt Christiansen at Disney today.

And I say "Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you, but are you Taymon Domzalski?"

Arghrghghghgh!

Forget that I had Matt as my avatar on a different forum for a decade, forget that I am a charter member of the "Build Taymon A Statue" club... when I opened my mouth, the wrong name came out.

Holy hell, impossible to look more damn foolish than I did at that very second.

When he corrected me I immediately said "Aw crap,that's what I meant," but yeah, damage done.

Argh!

Anyway... hope everyone is well:)

MChambers
11-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Awesome! Great story!

Lord Ash
11-10-2017, 09:28 PM
No no no... TERRIBLE story! TERRIBLE STORY! Good lord, I wanted to melt into the damn pavement! And I knew it was him, obviously... they look nothing alike, and I even said "Oh man, I think that's... Matt Christiansen?" Arggghh!

MChambers
11-10-2017, 09:42 PM
No no no... TERRIBLE story! TERRIBLE STORY! Good lord, I wanted to melt into the damn pavement! And I knew it was him, obviously... they look nothing alike, and I even said "Oh man, I think that's... Matt Christiansen?" Arggghh!

It’s hilarious and many of us could have made a similar mistake.

I once ran into a similar Duke player, Scott Goetsch, in Atlanta, in 1980. Got his name right, but back then there were fewer possibilities. Seemed like a very nice guy.

juise
11-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Eh, could have been worse. You could have introduced yourself as the officiating supervisor who oversaw the crew who did the Duke/IU 2002 Sweet 16 game (Boozer was most certainly fouled).