PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs. Elon (Fri, 11/10, 7 pm, ACC Ntwk Xta) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

JBDuke
11-08-2017, 12:12 AM
The first game that counts! Put your pre-game and in-game thoughts here.

mgtr
11-08-2017, 12:39 AM
We won't need a full rack of players to beat Elon, but I hope we have them all. These first couple of games are about getting ready to beat Michigan State, and we will need all the practice we can get to do that. I didn't do the betting game, as I am not smart enough to figure it out. My guess, however vs Elon is that we win by 30. Go Duke!

kAzE
11-08-2017, 01:17 AM
Over/under on super annoying replays of the time Grayson tripped the Elon player during the broadcast? I'll guess at least 3 times.

NashvilleDevil
11-08-2017, 01:23 AM
Over/under on super annoying replays of the time Grayson tripped the Elon player during the broadcast? I'll guess at least 3 times.

They’ll reach that before tipoff.

subzero02
11-08-2017, 02:58 AM
They’ll reach that before tipoff.
I agree... especially considering the fact that Santa Ana is still on Elon's roster.

plimnko
11-08-2017, 06:23 AM
isn't this pretty much the same team duke played last year? I thought I heard or read somewhere they didn't lose anyone. should be a pretty good first game measuring stick.

slower
11-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Is my recollection faulty, or is Elon one of those chippy teams that try to get under our skin? If so, this will be an early test of team unity. If they try to instigate something with Grayson, I think a few guys might take exception. I'm looking at Mister Gary Trent, in particular.

Crush them.

Henderson
11-08-2017, 09:25 AM
isn't this pretty much the same team duke played last year? I thought I heard or read somewhere they didn't lose anyone. should be a pretty good first game measuring stick.

It looks as though all 5 of their top scorers are back. But they didn't accomplish much last year.

COYS
11-08-2017, 09:37 AM
I'm so excited. I know others might disagree here, but the OAD era makes every game even more precious to me. I know I have, at most, 40 chances to watch Marvin, Wendell and company suit up for Duke. Plus, this is Grayson's final season. His legendary status at Duke was cemented in 2015, but if he puts together a monster year, he has an opportunity to move into rarefied air.

Also, although Elon should be over-matched, we can learn a lot with the 1 v 2 match-up with the Spartans on the horizon.

I'm really curious to see what our defense looks like. Was the compact man-to-man and zone D we saw against Bowie State a product of not having Trevon and J-Gold available or was it predictive of things to come?

Will Trevon, J-Gold, and Alex respond well to their suspensions?

Where will Marvin get most of his touches on offense?

Will the big guys keep sharing the ball with nifty passes from the post?

Trevon showed tons of defensive potential in the scrimmages/exhibitions. Will that continue? Will he value the ball on offense?

Can Gary and Grayson continue their hot shooting from three point range?

When Trevon is on the bench, does Duke go big with Grayson, Gary and the giants or does J-Gold get time with the starters?

Cannot wait for Friday!

DukieInBrasil
11-08-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm so excited. I know others might disagree here, but the OAD era makes every game even more precious to me. I know I have, at most, 40 chances to watch Marvin, Wendell and company suit up for Duke. Plus, this is Grayson's final season. His legendary status at Duke was cemented in 2015, but if he puts together a monster year, he has an opportunity to move into rarefied air.
Also, although Elon should be over-matched, we can learn a lot with the 1 v 2 match-up with the Spartans on the horizon.
I'm really curious to see what our defense looks like. Was the compact man-to-man and zone D we saw against Bowie State a product of not having Trevon and J-Gold available or was it predictive of things to come?
Will Trevon, J-Gold, and Alex respond well to their suspensions?
Where will Marvin get most of his touches on offense?
Will the big guys keep sharing the ball with nifty passes from the post?
Trevon showed tons of defensive potential in the scrimmages/exhibitions. Will that continue? Will he value the ball on offense?
Can Gary and Grayson continue their hot shooting from three point range?
When Trevon is on the bench, does Duke go big with Grayson, Gary and the giants or does J-Gold get time with the starters?
Cannot wait for Friday!

I don't think the Elon game will give us a particularly insightful answer to your question, but i was thinking about this too, especially once we get to ACC play. If/when Trevon picks up foul trouble or comes out of the game and the opposing PG is still in the game, i think Grayson will probably slide over to PG. However, if the same happens and the opposing back-up PG is in the game, it's more likely we'll see J-Gold (nice to see the nickname catching on!). My rationale for this is that the drop off from what Grayson brings to the table to J-Gold is too large for K to countenance if the game is on the line or still in doubt and the opponent is at full strength. From Trevon to Grayson is a big drop in quality of PG play, but Grayson can still play at a very high level even if the team's engine isn't running at full efficiency. If J-Gold is paired against the backup PG and Grayson stays at SG, then the team engine is gonna stay closer to 100%.
Hypothetically: Trevon's out; J-Gold vs starting PG with Grayson at SG = Duke Offensive Efficiency Factor =70%, Grayson vs starting PG with other player moving to SF and Trent at SG = DOEF = 75%, J-Gold vs back-up PG with Grayson at SG = DOEF = 80%. I totally made up those numbers but my point is that K will probably want to go withe most efficient option, while at the same time allowing for Grayson to get some rest periodically and allowing for J-Gold to get some experience in situations where he can excel. I put those qualifiers on there b/c Grayson at PG vs the backup PG with Trent at SG and someone else at SF could very well have a DOEF of 80% or better, but it wouldn't allow for Grayson to get any rest, except in blowouts, and it wouldn't allow for J-Gold to get experience in situations where he won't be overwhelmed.
Again, i don't think we'll get much of an answer to this situation vs. Elon, although the 2nd game of the B2B vs Utah Valley State may provide a better glimpse.

BandAlum83
11-08-2017, 10:47 AM

I'm not so sure. I think I would take that bet. This is an ACC team doing the broadcast, isn't it? It's not an ESPN team. It might be tempered some.

mapei
11-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but I am totally unfamiliar with ACC Network Extra. Is that an app? The game doesn't seem to be available on any channel carried by Verizon FiOS in the DC area.

uh_no
11-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but I am totally unfamiliar with ACC Network Extra. Is that an app? The game doesn't seem to be available on any channel carried by Verizon FiOS in the DC area.

it's carried on watch ESPN, at least.

mapei
11-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Thanks. Better than nothing, I suppose.

COYS
11-08-2017, 11:43 AM
I don't think the Elon game will give us a particularly insightful answer to your question, but i was thinking about this too, especially once we get to ACC play. If/when Trevon picks up foul trouble or comes out of the game and the opposing PG is still in the game, i think Grayson will probably slide over to PG. However, if the same happens and the opposing back-up PG is in the game, it's more likely we'll see J-Gold (nice to see the nickname catching on!). My rationale for this is that the drop off from what Grayson brings to the table to J-Gold is too large for K to countenance if the game is on the line or still in doubt and the opponent is at full strength. From Trevon to Grayson is a big drop in quality of PG play, but Grayson can still play at a very high level even if the team's engine isn't running at full efficiency. If J-Gold is paired against the backup PG and Grayson stays at SG, then the team engine is gonna stay closer to 100%.
Hypothetically: Trevon's out; J-Gold vs starting PG with Grayson at SG = Duke Offensive Efficiency Factor =70%, Grayson vs starting PG with other player moving to SF and Trent at SG = DOEF = 75%, J-Gold vs back-up PG with Grayson at SG = DOEF = 80%. I totally made up those numbers but my point is that K will probably want to go withe most efficient option, while at the same time allowing for Grayson to get some rest periodically and allowing for J-Gold to get some experience in situations where he can excel. I put those qualifiers on there b/c Grayson at PG vs the backup PG with Trent at SG and someone else at SF could very well have a DOEF of 80% or better, but it wouldn't allow for Grayson to get any rest, except in blowouts, and it wouldn't allow for J-Gold to get experience in situations where he won't be overwhelmed.
Again, i don't think we'll get much of an answer to this situation vs. Elon, although the 2nd game of the B2B vs Utah Valley State may provide a better glimpse.

Nice analysis. I do think we'll get a glimpse of what the staff thinks the rotations will be against the Spartans by what happens in the first 4-8 minutes of the game. Even in blowouts, i feel like Coach K and the staff usually treat the the first round of subs as if it were a competitive game. If J-Gold gets off the bench in the first few rounds of substitutions, I think it will be clear that he's got a real chance of earning minutes against tough teams. If, on the other hand, Trevon comes out and Javin or Marques enters the game, then I think we can gather that, at least at the current moment, the staff is thinking the team will play big with Trevon off the court.

I think it might also depend on what K wants to see out of the defense. Grayson and Gary have size advantages over most guards they will face this year, but I'm not sure they have a quickness advantage . . . especially against point guards. If Coach K is willing to use the more compact defenses we saw against Bowie State, it might be easier for him to opt to go big with Trevon on the bench, as it would not require Grayson to chase the opposing point guard around the perimeter. If, however, he wants constant ball-pressure, I think it is more likely that J-Gold will get his chance to prove that he can continue to apply ball pressure with Trevon on the sidelines.

Another factor that might affect the substitutions is if there is any after-effect to Trevon and J-Gold's suspension. It's possible we could see the same starting lineup that faced Bowie State with Trevon starting on the bench and getting a clear message that he has to earn his spot on the court AND off the court. The same would hold true for when J-Gold enters the game (and Alex, for that matter). I'm not saying that I think this would or should happen, necessarily, but I wouldn't rule it out, especially if Javin has continued to play well in practice. If this happens, then you're probably right that we won't really get a great understanding of what to expect against Michigan State from the Elon game.

kAzE
11-08-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm not so sure. I think I would take that bet. This is an ACC team doing the broadcast, isn't it? It's not an ESPN team. It might be tempered some.

I think I can stomach it as long as they don't play the temper tantrum on the bench, too. That clip grinds my gears. Nobody deserves to have their worst moments played on repeat on national TV.

Just leave it alone, ESPN (not gonna happen).

whereinthehellami
11-08-2017, 01:07 PM
I wish the Elon and Utah Valley games were reversed. I think with Elon being a little better I would be more interested in seeing how Duke would handle a tougher challenge on tired legs. Still back to back games, I'm loving it!

We all know Coach loves to ride his seniors and that Allen does not have an off switch, which inevitably leads to a tired/gimpy end of the season. I'm hoping that they try to bring Goldwire along for a 5-10 minutes a game role. I think the key would be to clearly define/limit his role to distributor and defender and develop that role early for the end of the season.

kAzE
11-08-2017, 01:12 PM
I wish the Elon and Utah Valley games were reversed. I think with Elon being a little better I would be more interested in seeing how Duke would handle a tougher challenge on tired legs. Still back to back games, I'm loving it!

We all know Coach loves to ride his seniors and that Allen does not have an off switch, which inevitably leads to a tired/gimpy end of the season. I'm hoping that they try to bring Goldwire along for a 5-10 minutes a game role. I think the key would be to clearly define/limit his role to distributor and defender and develop that role early for the end of the season.

Well, we're playing 3 games in 5 days, with the 3rd contest against Michigan State in Chicago. I'd say that qualifies as a tough challenge on tired legs.

Henderson
11-08-2017, 01:13 PM
I know others might disagree here, but the OAD era makes every game even more precious to me.

You're not alone. I much preferred the era when we could invest in a player as a freshman and talk about what impact he might have as a junior. I remember feeling that way about Danny Ferry and Christian Laettner in their first games, to take just two examples. I felt the same way in the '70s about the NBA. I wanted to invest in the local NBA team, but the personnel changed too fast for me.

I've adjusted. Now the intensity of connection to developing players has been compacted. It's the same intensity, but compressed into a shorter time period.

Bring on Elon. I'm jazzed to see these guys play for the time we have to enjoy it. As COYS says, every game is precious. No Phoenix rising this week.

Scorp4me
11-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Didn't Goldwire pretty much shut down some elite point guards including our own Duval? I'm not too worried about things if he is in the game based on history at least.

Channing
11-08-2017, 01:56 PM
I double checked the box score to make sure my memory wasn't deceiving me, but Elon was no cake walk last year. In fact, they were up 1 point at the half. My recollection is that Duke was never able to get into a good flow and Elon did a really good job defensively.

I think unequivocally our first objective is to win the game (and not get hurt). Then it is to try and build chemistry and rotation.

Kedsy
11-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Didn't Goldwire pretty much shut down some elite point guards including our own Duval? I'm not too worried about things if he is in the game based on history at least.

What elite point guards are you talking about? And when? Are you talking about high school? Blue/White? Please expand on this "history"?

flyingdutchdevil
11-08-2017, 02:13 PM
What elite point guards are you talking about? And when? Are you talking about high school? Blue/White? Please expand on this "history"?

Goldwire did such a good job in the second exhibition that Duval didn't even play.

elvis14
11-08-2017, 02:13 PM
I don't have much to add but I just wanted say how excited I am to get this party started. I know Elon played us pretty tough last year and that they return a bunch of guys and all that....but I'm predicting that we roll this team by a bunch. Last year's debacle vs. Elon has not been forgotten, time for some good old fashioned pay back!

Matches
11-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Goldwire did such a good job in the second exhibition that Duval didn't even play.

Goldwire did such a good job in the second exhibition that *Goldwire* didn't even play!

devildeac
11-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Goldwire did such a good job in the second exhibition that *Goldwire* didn't even play!

That's because O'Connell shut him down.

;):rolleyes:

killerleft
11-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Is my recollection faulty, or is Elon one of those chippy teams that try to get under our skin? If so, this will be an early test of team unity. If they try to instigate something with Grayson, I think a few guys might take exception. I'm looking at Mister Gary Trent, in particular.

Crush them.

My only in-person view of the Devils last year was this game at the Greensboro Coliseum. The Phoenix were determined to play as equals, and did a pretty fair job of it for most of the game. If that's chippy, then yes, they were. Otherwise, it was just basketball.

NashvilleDevil
11-08-2017, 02:50 PM
I double checked the box score to make sure my memory wasn't deceiving me, but Elon was no cake walk last year. In fact, they were up 1 point at the half. My recollection is that Duke was never able to get into a good flow and Elon did a really good job defensively.

I think unequivocally our first objective is to win the game (and not get hurt). Then it is to try and build chemistry and rotation.

Elon was the 2nd game after an extended break. Duke played a close game against an athletic TSU team and then played Elon a couple of days later. Duke was also reincorporating some of the injured players into the lineup. Put that together and it had all the makings of a close game. As far as I know Duke is healthy to start the year and they will not be coming off a 10 day break like they did last year.

arnie
11-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Elon was the 2nd game after an extended break. Duke played a close game against an athletic TSU team and then played Elon a couple of days later. Duke was also reincorporating some of the injured players into the lineup. Put that together and it had all the makings of a close game. As far as I know Duke is healthy to start the year and they will not be coming off a 10 day break like they did last year.

Of course we’re seeing the impacts of good health on the football performance this year.😤

Hooe the b-ball OC has a better game plan.

Tommac
11-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Duke should have no problem with Elon nest game. They beat Randollph College by 36 in an exhibition game last week. They're preseason ranked third in the Colonial Athletic poll and ranked number 22 in the College.com Insider preseason mid-major poll. Elon beating Duke in basketball would be an even bigger upset than when Appalachian State upset Michigan in football several years ago. Elon shoots well but I don't think they can compete on the boards against Duke's tall men.

ElSid
11-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Steven Santa Ana was the player Grayson tripped last year, and he's a Jr. this year. Will be a good TV moment when those two meet on the court and presumably shake hands, bro hug, etc.

I have a hunch we're going to go to Grayson a lot and he's going to score oodles of points...an opening salvo game where Grayson shows he's a different player this year and we're a different team, putting the tripping behind us even more.

I don't necessarily think we'll game plan for this, but I think the players will just have a way of getting Grayson going early and often and make this a symbolic game.

Spanarkel
11-08-2017, 05:21 PM

Trevon Duval, Collin Sexton(twice), Darius Garland, Al Durham(twice though he's more a CG or SG, now at IU), Elias Harden(now at Xavier), and Bishop O'Connell's(Arlington, VA)PG.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/photogallery/LK/20161219/PHOTOGALLERY/121909993/PH/1?start=2
(ninth and tenth photos show Goldwire and Trevon guarding each other)

Unfortunately, I don't subscribe to MaxPreps to get the actual box scores so I don't know how Goldwire fared in the above matchups in his senior year at Norcross HS.

Kedsy
11-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Trevon Duval, Collin Sexton(twice), Darius Garland, Al Durham(twice though he's more a CG or SG, now at IU), Elias Harden(now at Xavier), and Bishop O'Connell's(Arlington, VA)PG.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/photogallery/LK/20161219/PHOTOGALLERY/121909993/PH/1?start=2
(ninth and tenth photos show Goldwire and Trevon guarding each other)

Unfortunately, I don't subscribe to MaxPreps to get the actual box scores so I don't know how Goldwire fared in the above matchups in his senior year at Norcross HS.

Thanks. Scorp4me said that Jordan "pretty much shut down" some of these elite PGs. Do we have any idea which ones he shut down?

Spanarkel
11-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Thanks. Scorp4me said that Jordan "pretty much shut down" some of these elite PGs. Do we have any idea which ones he shut down?

Collin Sexton scored 38 and 29 points in the two games against Goldwire's Norcross team last season.

Darius Garland scored 23 points in Brentwood Academy's close win against Norcross last season(City of Palms).

Trevon Duval scored 9 points and had 7 assists in a close win against Norcross last season(City of Palms).

I couldn't locate any information on the games Goldwire played against some other well-regarded point guards last year.

sagegrouse
11-09-2017, 10:36 AM

Not to mention that Grayson was benched during the game after his foul and tantrum and limited to 21 minutes (three points).

kAzE
11-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Collin Sexton scored 38 and 29 points in the two games against Goldwire's Norcross team last season.

Darius Garland scored 23 points in Brentwood Academy's close win against Norcross last season(City of Palms).

Trevon Duval scored 9 points and had 7 assists in a close win against Norcross last season(City of Palms).

I couldn't locate any information on the games Goldwire played against some other well-regarded point guards last year.

That doesn't sound like anybody was shutting him down . . . was Goldwire the primary defender on Sexton in those games? Maybe Sexton played shooting guard in high school?

richardjackson199
11-09-2017, 09:29 PM

This.

Do not take this Elon team lightly.

I was at that game last year in Greensboro, and Duke played pretty well in the first half (that we lost). It was a largely pro-Duke crowd cheering loudly for Duke. Elon was on fire, believed they would upset us, and was leading after 1 half. They were pretty difficult to put away, hanging around much longer than anyone expected. I believe it was Brian Dawkins number 00 just hit everything from 3 (contested) and could get his shot. Santa Ana can play.

Elon has been chippy with us in the past. They are well coached. I believe it was maybe our 2015 team who also had a pretty difficult time with Elon, and K was not happy after that one.

We looked awesome in exhibition, and this will be in Cameron.

I'm just saying we're playing a dangerous, experienced team, and need to take this one seriously. Stay healthy! Win big! Go Duke! (So pumped for the season!)

LasVegas
11-10-2017, 01:22 AM
Per Adam Rowe on Twitter, Bolden hasn’t practiced during the week due to an illness. Could/probably will miss the opener.

Spanarkel
11-10-2017, 08:18 AM
Here's my half-baked/pseudoconspiracy theory about last year's Duke vs. Elon game. Even though Grayson tripped Santa Anna(who wasn't having that great a game himself), I think the possible instigator(other than Grayson's temper) could possibly have been Brian Dawkins, a high school rival of Grayson's from Jax. Dawkins had a near career game against Duke with 18/9 and 4/4 from deep(3/3 from beyond the arc at the time of the incident), and there may have been some history between the two. I didn't see any unusual interactions between Grayson and Dawkins during the game but sometimes only a word or two or a look could rekindle memories. I have no evidence of any bad blood between the time except for the fact that Dawkins' Bishop Kenny HS and Grayson's Providence HS played annually until the 2012-13 season when Providence defeated a fine Bishop Kenny team(28-7)and went on to win state. The teams didn't play again until this year when the rivalvry resumed. I e-mailed a long-time Jax HS hoops writer who said he asked the respective teams' coaches about the gap in the series, and they attributed it to both teams playing in out-of-town tournaments several times throughout their seasons. Like most conspiracy theories it probably doesn't reflect the truth...
LGD!

budwom
11-10-2017, 08:20 AM
peeking ahead to saturday's tiff with Utah Valley, I see that one Chris Burgess is an assistant coach there...

BigZ
11-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Anyone know the DirectTV channel number?

budwom
11-10-2017, 08:41 AM

no one knows as there isn't one.

sagegrouse
11-10-2017, 08:42 AM

Don't see it listed on DirecTV channels 786-799, where college games usually are (ECEHD).

Native
11-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Per Adam Rowe on Twitter, Bolden hasn’t practiced during the week due to an illness. Could/probably will miss the opener.

It's got to be that pre-Thanksgiving midterms flu that usually goes around campus this time of year.

elvis14
11-10-2017, 10:20 AM
This.

Do not take this Elon team lightly.

I was at that game last year in Greensboro, and Duke played pretty well in the first half (that we lost). It was a largely pro-Duke crowd cheering loudly for Duke. Elon was on fire, believed they would upset us, and was leading after 1 half. They were pretty difficult to put away, hanging around much longer than anyone expected. I believe it was Brian Dawkins number 00 just hit everything from 3 (contested) and could get his shot. Santa Ana can play.

Elon has been chippy with us in the past. They are well coached. I believe it was maybe our 2015 team who also had a pretty difficult time with Elon, and K was not happy after that one.

We looked awesome in exhibition, and this will be in Cameron.

I'm just saying we're playing a dangerous, experienced team, and need to take this one seriously. Stay healthy! Win big! Go Duke! (So pumped for the season!)

I don't think we will be taking this team lightly. They are a decent team that played us well last year. I still think we crush them. You remember this game quite differently than I if you think "Duke played pretty well". Most of us remember the GA incident from this game mostly (and that's 100% of what I've to say about that) but what I remember is our team not playing well at all. This year, does Elon have the size and skill in the paint to hang with both Carter and Bagley?

BandAlum83
11-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Go Duke!!!

Lar77
11-10-2017, 12:25 PM
You know, I'm kind of surprised with the lack of respect for Elon's team. We will certainly win and probably by a bunch. But we've played them 6 times since 2010. 4 were blowouts, but 2 of the last 3 were not (since they moved up to CAA). We usually play them after exams as a tune up for ACC, but now it's our first real game. Those around this board remember Belmont and Vermont in recent years past for early season excitement.

But as I said, we should win easily. It's home opener!

3rd Dukie
11-10-2017, 12:44 PM

Will there be any chat during the game?
Thanks.

-jk
11-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Will there be any chat during the game?
Thanks.

We’ll have chat.

-jk

azzefkram
11-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Anyone know if the game is on SiriusXM?

ChillinDuke
11-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Anyone know if the game is on SiriusXM?

Try Channel 83. According to this (http://m.siriusxm.com/collegebasketballschedule). As far as I can tell, that channel is Fox Sports.

Godspeed.

- Chillin

azzefkram
11-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Try Channel 83. According to this (http://m.siriusxm.com/collegebasketballschedule). As far as I can tell, that channel is Fox Sports.

Godspeed.

- Chillin

Thanks chillin. Driving home from a trip during game time.

3rd Dukie
11-10-2017, 04:59 PM
We’ll have chat.

-jk

Thanks!

Mike Corey
11-10-2017, 04:59 PM
I'm in a vengeful mood, so I hope we win by 70-80 points and that no one is injured but that many Phoenix are embarrassed.

drummerdevil
11-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Bolden reportedly out with Strep throat, per my The Score app. Can't provide a link, sorry.

-jk
11-10-2017, 06:13 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

jimsumner
11-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Bolden reportedly out with Strep throat, per my The Score app. Can't provide a link, sorry.

My understanding also. Flu-like symptons.

jimsumner
11-10-2017, 06:29 PM

My understanding also.

JNort
11-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Feeling nervous. I woke up twice last night because I had back to back nightmares of us losing, once on a buzzer beater and the other we lost by 12...

mattman91
11-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Can't find it on watch espn

riverside6
11-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Live tempo based stats for Duke/Elon, starters posted https://www.scacchoops.com/elon-at-duke-basketball-live-stats-11102017

lotusland
11-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Can't find it on watch espn

Me either. Wassup?

mattman91
11-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Me either. Wassup?

works from my phone but not my tablet.

lotusland
11-10-2017, 06:53 PM
works from my phone but not my tablet.

Found it. It's listed under Live Now instead of Upcoming

slower
11-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Just lost my feed on Spectrum. Anybody else getting hosed?

elvis14
11-10-2017, 07:20 PM

Didn't find the game on Spectrum. Watching it on my Fire Stick using the Watch ESPN app

DukieInKansas
11-10-2017, 07:21 PM

Still working for me. Hopefully, my travel from work to home at half time won't jinx me.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Bagley with the oop and the backboard slap... Dang.

AGDukesky
11-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Other than FTs, Bagley has been just what I hoped. Great motor, rebounding everything and disruptive with his length on defense. I’m hopeful this will be a good defensive team because the effort and ability is there.

barjwr
11-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Bagley with the oop and the backboard slap... Dang.

Reminiscent of Corey Maggette

rickshawboycall911
11-10-2017, 07:40 PM
has impressed me...

slower
11-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Holy...mother...of...God!!

rsvman
11-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Crazy good two-handed slam by Bagley! Wow.

fisheyes
11-10-2017, 07:48 PM
No chat?

jipops
11-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Has anyone whose name doesn't start with G made a shot outside the paint?

brevity
11-10-2017, 07:55 PM
No chat?

Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox).

Spanarkel
11-10-2017, 07:56 PM
For anyone not able to watch, I highly recommend the very impressive live stats available on GoDuke.com. Just go to Men's Basketball, then schedule, then under the media section select live stats. Be sure to then hit "View Full Stats" and hopefully enjoy. There are many different options on the header(Duke stats only, both teams stats, play-by-play, etc.)to help follow the game. LGD!

InSpades
11-10-2017, 07:59 PM
10-man rotation confirmed. Only question is who sits when Bolden is healthy.

Bluedog
11-10-2017, 08:11 PM
10-man rotation confirmed. Only question is who sits when Bolden is healthy.

Hahahaha, well Carter picked up three quick fouls. As has Duval...so, forced for them to sit.

slower
11-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Bigs need to defend their big-man 3-point shots. Giving up wy too many easy looks out there.

Of course, then Bagley does his Euro-step magic. Gorgeous.

Emerrick
11-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Bagley’s not too bad.

yancem
11-10-2017, 08:13 PM
I find it interesting that when the game in on my feed freezes about every 10-15 seconds but never seems to freeze during the comercials!!!! I think I have missed half of the best plays (mostly by Bagley) but I get to see the sonic and chevy comercials.

subzero02
11-10-2017, 08:19 PM
I find it interesting that when the game in on my feed freezes about every 10-15 seconds but never seems to freeze during the comercials!!!! I think I have missed half of the best plays (mostly by Bagley) but I get to see the sonic and chevy comercials.

Those sonic guys are still entertaining...

barjwr
11-10-2017, 08:19 PM

This.

Except I'd rather see the Sonic and Chevy ads than the ones for International University, Guardian Legal Network, and the Addiction Network that I'm stuck with on my WatchESPN feed. Blecch.

BigZ
11-10-2017, 08:21 PM
By the way Utah Valley (who Duke plays tomorrow) is beating Kentucky in the second half

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Elon’s FT defense is incredible.

yancem
11-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Ouch, 1-8 from the line!!! I hope that doesn't become a trend.

subzero02
11-10-2017, 08:26 PM
1 for 8 from the foul line... I'd make them stay in Cameron and shoot free throws after the game.

proelitedota
11-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Man this Elon guys are all Steph Curries.

slower
11-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Okay, I thought it was just my feed, but I guess it's everybody. Free-throw shooting is pretty bad, and defense has a way to go. Grayson and Bagley are for real.

rickshawboycall911
11-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Feed freezes every 10-15 seconds. Commercials are smooth as silk

Bluedog
11-10-2017, 08:40 PM
I've had no freezing (on WatchESPN)... :) A lot of positives this game, particularly with Grayson and Bagley. Only negatives have been a lot of fouls and poor FT shooting.

-jk
11-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Commercials are lower res/more compressed...

-jk

rsvman
11-10-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm in Chesapeake, Virginia and it hasn't frozen once. Beautiful high-definition p3wnage. Just as good as tv.

-jk
11-10-2017, 08:59 PM
If you're streaming via wifi, consider hard wiring your AV or really digging into your wifi environment...

(My AV is hard wired on a screaming 30 Mb Comcast connection, no hangs at all.)

-jk

BigZ
11-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Bagley's 25 point debut is the highest of any number 1 recruit

MChambers
11-10-2017, 09:07 PM
If you're streaming via wifi, consider hard wiring your AV or really digging into your wifi environment...

(My AV is hard wired on a screaming 30 Mb Comcast connection, no hangs at all.)

-jk
Isn’t digging into WiFi a contradiction?

ipatent
11-10-2017, 09:10 PM
eight assists and no turnovers, exactly what we need of him. Nice to see.