PDA

View Full Version : Tv for friday and sat. Games?

ekud1099
11-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Will fri. And sat. Games be on tv

Troublemaker
11-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Will fri. And sat. Games be on tv

Doesn't look like it. According to the GoDuke schedule (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726), both games will be "ACC Network Extra," which basically just means ESPN will stream through Watch ESPN like the exhibition games.

azzefkram
11-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Doesn't look like it. According to the GoDuke schedule (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726), both games will be "ACC Network Extra," which basically just means ESPN will stream through Watch ESPN like the exhibition games.

Do you know if you can start watching the games late (like DVR)? I'm travelling Friday and probably won't be home until about 8pm.

Bluedevil114
11-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Do you know if you can start watching the games late (like DVR)? I'm travelling Friday and probably won't be home until about 8pm.

WatchESPN has replay so you can watch it later.

Troublemaker
11-07-2017, 01:27 PM

I don't believe so as I've never been able to do that. But I don't rule out that there might be some service or app that makes it possible to watch the game from the start while the game is still going on; if someone knows, please chime in. But most likely you'll be waiting for the replay to be posted later.

English
11-07-2017, 01:28 PM

On WatchESPN/ESPN3, if you start watching late, you pick up in live action--there is no DVR-type delay that will allow you to start from the beginning. However, WatchESPN posts full-game replays, a couple of hours after the conclusion of the game, that allow you to watch the entirety of the game. This is particularly handy if you're indisposed during game action or if you'd like to re-watch the game.

ETA: Another smallish nit about the WatchESPN broadcast--if you really want to re-watch a play (e.g., particularly great alley-oop or block), there is no function to allow you to backtrack for fifteen seconds like you'd find on DVR. You're out of luck, so catch the highlights later.

mattman91
11-07-2017, 01:49 PM
More Gerald Henderson commentary? I'll take it any day over the other goofs at ESPN.

devildeac
11-07-2017, 02:23 PM
More Gerald Henderson commentary? I'll take it any day over the other goofs at ESPN.

Goofs? Feeling rather kind today, eh mattman? :rolleyes:

Doria
11-07-2017, 03:47 PM

Yeah, I was just thinking last weekend how his commentary had a soothing, non-aggressive quality. So different than the usual bombastic sports announcers.

azzefkram
11-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Thank you all for the replies. You would think fargin' work would be more considerate about something as important as the start of basketball season.

elvis14
11-07-2017, 04:14 PM

I'm a fan of Gerald's commentary as well. Hope we get to hear more of it this season.

I did check espn3 this morning and the game will be available.

msdukie
11-08-2017, 12:09 AM

Both games will be the Mike Tomko/Chris Spatola/Gerald Henderson trio. Henderson will be doing some commentary as well as a third voice on the Blue Devil IMG Sports Network (i.e. radio) as the year progresses.

MarkD83
11-10-2017, 05:21 PM
On WatchESPN/ESPN3, if you start watching late, you pick up in live action--there is no DVR-type delay that will allow you to start from the beginning. However, WatchESPN posts full-game replays, a couple of hours after the conclusion of the game, that allow you to watch the entirety of the game. This is particularly handy if you're indisposed during game action or if you'd like to re-watch the game.

ETA: Another smallish nit about the WatchESPN broadcast--if you really want to re-watch a play (e.g., particularly great alley-oop or block), there is no function to allow you to backtrack for fifteen seconds like you'd find on DVR. You're out of luck, so catch the highlights later.

How long do they keep these games on ESPN3 for future viewing?

Devilwin
11-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Basketball is on Watch espn. Football is on CBS Sports Network, channel 221 on Direct Tv in Greensboro area.

elvis14
11-10-2017, 09:12 PM
How long do they keep these games on ESPN3 for future viewing?

Also, how long before the replay is available?