PDA

View Full Version : More Trouble at Louisville

burnspbesq
11-06-2017, 11:26 PM
This time it’s the women’s lacrosse program that is imploding. If the allegations reported on here are true, then wow.

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2017/11/6/16615982/louisville-fires-womens-lacrosse-head-coach-kellie-young

JasonEvans
11-07-2017, 09:14 AM
This time it’s the women’s lacrosse program that is imploding. If the allegations reported on here are true, then wow.

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2017/11/6/16615982/louisville-fires-womens-lacrosse-head-coach-kellie-young

And yet the former AD claims he was unfairly fired. Riiight...

flyingdutchdevil
11-07-2017, 09:32 AM

The most disgusting thing about this is how Young was fired only AFTER 15 players transferred and not because of other allegations. Sadly, sports is still all about winning, winning, winning. Hope every university takes a closer look at all sports.

MrPoon
11-07-2017, 09:52 AM
The most disgusting thing about this is how Young was fired only AFTER 15 players transferred and not because of other allegations. Sadly, sports is still all about winning, winning, winning. Hope every university takes a closer look at all sports.

After two All ACC players transferred. It’s amazing the reputation that Jurich enjoyed for years. The schools want to be tax exempt entities for the betterment of the country then run themselves clearly as a business interested in one thing.

PackMan97
11-07-2017, 10:42 AM

It's amazing that Anson Dorrance over at Carolina has managed to last. Of course, winning at any cost is highly valued over on Cheater Hill. I guerss Louisville is the Tarheels new rival?

BoiseDevil
11-07-2017, 10:46 AM
What’s interesting to me is how birds of a feather flock together and the UNC parallel.

Louisville:
Petrino hire
Pitino list of scandals
AD
Winning above everything
$ alum supporting AD

UNC
Football player agent paid trips
Hansbrough Mom romance and UNC plane to watch ND hoops
Decades of bogus classes to keep athletes eligible
Turning on people trying to stand up for what’s right (Willingham/prof teaching class about scandal)
The $ spent to avoid NCAA punishment
Lack of humility regarding their general behavior

Institutions of higher learning sprinting for the shadows

I’m certain cheating has long been a part of our culture as a shortcut (grow business, make money, get a promotion, get good grades, win recruits, etc) but it seems far less disgraceful to get caught in today’s culture. I’m sure it’s always been this way, but it feels like the pendulum is creeping too far to the “get yours at all costs” side.

PackMan97
11-07-2017, 11:01 AM
I’m certain cheating has long been a part of our culture as a shortcut (grow business, make money, get a promotion, get good grades, win recruits, etc) but it seems far less disgraceful to get caught in today’s culture. I’m sure it’s always been this way, but it feels like the pendulum is creeping too far to the “get yours at all costs” side.

I used to have a lot of anger at the way NC State was treated in the late 80's, but after graduating and watching scandals at Baylor, Carolina and Louisville unfold I am so glad that we put in the hard work to change our culture. I'm sure we've made some mistake (I'm looking at you Erik Leak) but I have confidence that adults in charge don't tolerate the kinda crap we are seeing at some schools.

Raising two boys, building character is danged hard. My six year old is currently in the phase of how he wants to brag about how well he is behaving when his little brother is acting up. Trying to explain to him that you don't make yourself look better by putting someone else down is hard to epxlain. Even more difficult is that if he really wants to shine, he should be helping his little brother behave and set the example for him. He doesn't quite get it, but we are working on it. (of course, as I type this I realize what I do to carolina every chance I get...but **** that, do as I say, not as I do...GTHC!)

I'll avoid further commentary on the state of society as we know it :)

OldPhiKap
11-07-2017, 12:35 PM
What’s interesting to me is how birds of a feather flock together and the UNC parallel.

Louisville:
Petrino hire
Pitino list of scandals
AD
Winning above everything
$ alum supporting AD

UNC
Football player agent paid trips
Hansbrough Mom romance and UNC plane to watch ND hoops
Decades of bogus classes to keep athletes eligible
Turning on people trying to stand up for what’s right (Willingham/prof teaching class about scandal)
The $ spent to avoid NCAA punishment
Lack of humility regarding their general behavior

Institutions of higher learning sprinting for the shadows

“The fish rots from the head”

BD80
11-07-2017, 02:17 PM
“The fish rots from the head”

I believe you just insulted rotten fish ...