PDA

View Full Version : Where the preeminent Michigan fansite openly laments not getting Coach Cut

scottdude8
11-06-2017, 10:09 PM
This passage, taken from MGoBlog’s recap of the Wolverine’s defense of the Little Brown Jug this weekend, made me smile:

“And now for the lame bit: hoping this sticks. Falling apart at the end has been the fate of all excellent Michigan football things over the past decade or so. The 2006 defense. Denard Robinson's elbow. Chad Henne's shoulder. Last year's top 5 team. Michigan's pursuit of David Cutcliffe. All of these things ended poorly.”

I remember being openly mocked when I suggested Michigan might consider Coach Cut before Harbaugh became available. My Dad even called into a local sports radio show and suggested that and almost got laughed off the air. Now, some of those who cover the winningest program in college football wish it had Duke’s coach. Let’s let that sink in.

The last couple months have been tough for the Duke Gang, but with our young core I have supreme confidence that the next couple years could be special. Go Duke and Go Coach Cut!

DevilFalcon
11-06-2017, 10:41 PM
It's amazing to see how far Cut has brought things. This season - an 'off season' - would have been amazing to have a decade ago. We are lucky to have him, and I'm glad he feels lucky to have Duke.

budwom
11-07-2017, 08:07 AM
having said that, we've lost something like 11 of our last 13 ACC games. The offensive coaching staff needs an overhaul, with more experienced guys at the OL, WR, and OC positions, or we'll begin to recruit less effectively.
I'm still very high on the Cut era, but there are some serious problems which need to be addressed.

CameronBornAndBred
11-07-2017, 09:00 AM
While they might like Coach Cutcliffe, Michigan fans would also be chanting "Fire Roper".

Mike Corey
11-07-2017, 09:59 AM
I do love it when M*chigan concedes their envy of others.

Double Standard
11-12-2017, 07:15 PM
They’re not lamenting it. It was sarcasm.