PDA

View Full Version : Some Nutjob UNC Cheat grad actually tried to send them to Hell

richardjackson199
11-03-2017, 06:00 PM
And yelled hail Satan as he tried to blow up the tree of cheating

Unfortunately a professor didn't realize it was a bomb and got 2nd degree burns to face.

The cheat alum was taken to the hospital for a psych evaluation

they call him a former student, but I'm calling him a Cheat Alum because you almost have to assume he graduated with what it takes to earn A's there. I mean their sham classes are open to all students.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/student-yells-hail-satan-tries-to-bomb-unc%E2%80%99s-davie-poplar-tree-professor-gets-severe-burns/ar-AAupzDj?li=BBnbcA1

rsvman
11-03-2017, 06:12 PM
wow. that is just bizarro.

Let me get this straight. The guy takes off his clothes, yells "Hail to the Athletic Director!" and then sets fire to a tree?!? Weird.

OldPhiKap
11-03-2017, 07:02 PM
I hate UNC. But this is awful.

Hope the prof has a full and quick recovery, and the perpetrator gets what is due.

rsvman
11-03-2017, 10:59 PM
I hate UNC. But this is awful.

Hope the prof has a full and quick recovery, and the perpetrator gets what is due.

Amen. The guy was insane, but the professor is a hero. I hope he recovers soon and fully.

richardjackson199
11-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Moral of the Story - If Satan and his naked minions incinerate the tree of cheating, don't be a boy scout. Let it burn.

In all seriousness, I too of course wish the professor a full and complete recovery after his heroic act. It looks like the professor will be ok, and that this could have been much worse after seeing the video of the explosion. It sounds like he may need a skin graft to his arm, but hopefully not. The professor of astronomy says he expects to be in the hospital a few more days, but expects to be back teaching in class next week.

The video at the very top shows the explosion and interviews the professor:

http://abc11.com/police-suspect-in-unc-explosion-believed-to-be-former-student/2596994/

TKG
11-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Just glad he wasn't wearing Duke gear when he tried this stunt. Swafford and Cunningham would have launched an investigation.

devildeac
11-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Just glad he wasn't wearing Duke gear when he tried this stunt. Swafford and Cunningham would have launched an investigation.

And been granted raises. :rolleyes::mad:

tteettimes
11-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Can’t quit laughing at —”some nut job—-“ 😂😂

richardjackson199
11-04-2017, 03:48 PM
I saw this in another thread, hard not to laugh out loud. The poster chose not to post it, so I'm not identifying them here. But for those who don't take life too seriously and want a good laugh on a Saturday, enjoy. Again, in all seriousness, best wishes for full recovery to the professor. In all not seriousness...

I didn't post to that thread because I felt my take was too hot. So here it is: I only feel sorry for the tree. The ex-"student", current "students", and "professor" all chose to be at Chapel Hill. The tree did not.

Henderson
11-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Moral of the Story - If Satan and his naked minions incinerate the tree of cheating, don't be a boy scout. Let it burn.

Satan says the guy wasn't really a minion as such; more like a low level volunteer. Doesn't really remember him.

But wouldn't that be embarrassing? Satan sends you out to do his bidding, and the most evil assignment Satan can think of for you is ... to burn a poplar tree? Ouch.

Then you fail? Oh man, that hurts.

hudlow
11-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Still trying to figure out how the $100 worth of damage to the tree was estimated....

OldPhiKap
11-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Satan says the guy wasn't really a minion as such; more like a low level volunteer. Doesn't really remember him.

So, more of a coffee imp then?