PDA

View Full Version : Autographed Duke Poster

DukeBlue666s
10-31-2017, 06:34 PM
I know around this time of year is when you can call to order the poster, but is anyone sure as to where to call? (phone number?)

Still around $40?

Thankssss

richardjackson199
10-31-2017, 06:59 PM
I know around this time of year is when you can call to order the poster, but is anyone sure as to where to call? (phone number?)

Still around $40?

Thankssss

919-613-7500

Cameron Men's Basketball Office

$40

Just ordered mine this week

DukeBlue666s
10-31-2017, 10:43 PM
Thank you so much!!!

I'm read this boards constantly, but have yet to figure out what a spork is ... but I think you deserve a virtual spork here!

Greatly appreciated! My son is going to freak out!!

sagegrouse
11-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Thank you so much!!!

I'm read this boards constantly, but have yet to figure out what a spork is ... but I think you deserve a virtual spork here!

Greatly appreciated! My son is going to freak out!!

A "spork" is awarded by going to the little square in the bottom left and posting a positive comment. The pitchforks under the poster handle were dubbed "sporks."

jimrowe0
11-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Ordered mine, thanks for posting this. I forgot last year.

SlimSlowSlider
11-29-2017, 03:07 PM
When I ordered, I was told they would ship in a couple of weeks. Has anybody received theirs?

sothear
11-29-2017, 03:46 PM
wow I didn't know this was a thing. All the players autographs?

atoomer0881
11-29-2017, 03:50 PM
wow I didn't know this was a thing. All the players autographs?

Do you know if you can still order or was this a limited time thing?

lrjacobson
11-29-2017, 04:31 PM
I haven't received mine yet. Can't wait!!!

dukefan_828
11-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Authentic or massprint? Either way i wouldn't mind forking out the 40 bucks and get it framed but if the signatures are authentic it makes it much cooler and obviously worth more down the line ??

richardjackson199
11-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Do you know if you can still order or was this a limited time thing?

I'm sure they cut off taking orders at some point, but I would definitely call them during business hours and check. 919-613-7500; Cameron Men's Basketball Office

I have ordered one of these every year for the last 20 years or so. Sometimes I've ordered them a little later, and they usually will accept my order. At this point I'm guessing you won't be able to get it by Christmas. And sometimes if you order later it will show up months later near the end of the season. But you'll get it eventually if they take your order.

And yes - the autographs have always been 100% authentic as far as I can tell. It's something they've always done for their fans.

RPS
11-29-2017, 05:23 PM
And yes - the autographs have always been 100% authentic as far as I can tell. It's something they've always done for their fans.It is a fantastic thing.

bullcityproud
12-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Has anyone received their poster yet? I ordered mine in October, shortly after CTC, and was given a December time frame for delivery. My card was charged on 11/18, so I figured it would be coming soon. I haven't received it as of today (for reference, I live in Durham).

Lunchab1es
12-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Has anyone received their poster yet? I ordered mine in October, shortly after CTC, and was given a December time frame for delivery. My card was charged on 11/18, so I figured it would be coming soon. I haven't received it as of today (for reference, I live in Durham).

Mine arrived Monday, I ordered early November and live in SC. I assume yours will arrive shortly if they were in the same batch.

DukeDevil
12-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Just called, they're out of posters (unless you want to go on the waitlist) but still have team signed basketballs for $100.

edit: If you're looking for something for Christmas, they said the balls ship out next week.

lrjacobson
12-06-2017, 05:16 PM

I live in NJ and like you ordered just after CTC and my CC was charged 11/18. Hope I get out soon!!

DukeBlue666s
12-06-2017, 05:19 PM
I live in Boston and haven’t seen mine yet either.

bullcityproud
12-07-2017, 01:53 PM
I live in NJ and like you ordered just after CTC and my CC was charged 11/18. Hope I get out soon!!

Good to know. Guess we're in the same boat/batch. Hoping it ships soon!

JetpackJesus
12-07-2017, 03:35 PM
A "spork" is awarded by going to the little square in the bottom left and posting a positive comment. The pitchforks under the poster handle were dubbed "sporks."

Off-topic but related to this question and answer: Is there a time limit for commenting on posts? I noticed for the first time in this thread (assuming because of the question asked) that that comment button is not available for any posts before SlimSlowSlider's from 11/29/17. All the ones before that are from 11/1/17 or earlier, so I'm guessing posts from >1 month ago cannot be commented on? I just figured I would try to confirm.

Stray Gator
12-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Just called, they're out of posters (unless you want to go on the waitlist) but still have team signed basketballs for $100.

edit: If you're looking for something for Christmas, they said the balls ship out next week.

To update this information, the basketball office is now sold out of the team-autographed basketballs as well as the team-autographed posters.

devildeac
12-07-2017, 04:09 PM

Wrong thread?

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?40900-Younger-Bawlers-looking-to-travel

:o;)

DukeBlue666s
12-07-2017, 08:04 PM
I didn’t know they did autographed basketballs until I heard about it a few days ago. Have they always done the autographed basketballs too?

(Side note: Still haven’t received my poster for this year. This isn’t the norm when ordering anything through Duke ... at least my experience.)

Something tells me Duke ran out of sharpies for the players to sign with after everyone went ahead and sharpied Duke for 6 wins come March Madness. 😬

bullcityproud
12-08-2017, 05:56 PM
My poster arrived today. It suffered a casualty of a crushed edge on one corner, but I don't think it'll look too bad once it's framed. Can't wait to put it up in the man cave!

lrjacobson
12-08-2017, 07:01 PM
My poster arrived today. It suffered a casualty of a crushed edge on one corner, but I don't think it'll look too bad once it's framed. Can't wait to put it up in the man cave!

I take it you live in Durham? Up in northern NJ have not received it yet

bullcityproud
12-08-2017, 10:10 PM
I take it you live in Durham? Up in northern NJ have not received it yet

Yep, I live in Durham. I imagine yours will be coming very soon, since our cards were charged on the same day.

DevilFalcon
12-09-2017, 03:36 PM
I got my posters today. Someone Stached Besser on my poster. Does anyone else have one like this?

Attention team: Who is the mystery artist? Who is playing a trick on Brennan?

DukeGirl4ever
12-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Update:

Everyone - I ordered my poster/ball at the end of October. My card was charged 11/20. I called Thursday because Ms. Howard said it would be about a week after the card was charged before the items were shipped, and I just wanted to follow-up.

She said posters were shipped Thursday (I got mine today after much confusion! - Thanks Newton for making me "think") and she said basketballs would be shipped Friday or Monday.

Fingers crossed the ball arrives. This is my daughter's #1/must have Christmas gift.

lrjacobson
12-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Update:

Everyone - I ordered my poster/ball at the end of October. My card was charged 11/20. I called Thursday because Ms. Howard said it would be about a week after the card was charged before the items were shipped, and I just wanted to follow-up.

She said posters were shipped Thursday (I got mine today after much confusion! - Thanks Newton for making me "think") and she said basketballs would be shipped Friday or Monday.

Fingers crossed the ball arrives. This is my daughter's #1/must have Christmas gift.

I live in the northwest snow area of NJ so I hope it comes Monday!!

lrjacobson
12-11-2017, 07:09 PM
i live in the northwest snow area of nj so i hope it comes monday!!

got mine today!!

bigperm13
12-11-2017, 07:44 PM
I completely forgot this was a thing and I tried to coax one more of each out of the basketball office today with no luck. Wait til next year...

22JumpShots
12-11-2017, 09:30 PM

That is hilarious!! Mine didn't have one.

Fun Fact - I forget where exactly I heard this, but I think it was the 30 for 30 Laettner episode (...or maybe it was the Back to Back episode.). Apparently when signing the '91 or '92 team poster, Christian signed his name over Bobby Hurley's face in most of the posters just to get under his skin.

DukeDevil
12-19-2017, 07:01 PM

In all it's glory! Now waiting on a display case...

Anyone up for a pickup game?

(not sure why it's posting sideways, it's not like that on the original file...although it makes it look like I can wickedly palm a basketball)

Messimorgan17
01-27-2018, 07:42 AM
I am a alum of the law school from when Coach K built his first great recruiting class and first final four. My entire family are huge fans and we have a puppy named Duke. I never post but have observed all the great posts by you guys for years.

After seeing this thread before Christmas, I called the basketball office. They said there were no more posters but some balls left in storage. I put myself on the waitlist. I followed up last week with a call and they took my credit card.
I received the signed ball last night. My two kids were so excited!Thank you everybody! I wouldn’t have known about it without you!

The ball came with a smaller cardboard poster which had autographs of the team and coaching staff on one side of the poster. I would imagine those aren’t original signatures but just reproductions. Could somebody confirm.
Thanks again!

22JumpShots
01-27-2018, 10:57 AM
The ball came with a smaller cardboard poster which had autographs of the team and coaching staff on one side of the poster. I would imagine those aren’t original signatures but just reproductions. Could somebody confirm.
Thanks again!

If it is the traditional roster card - those are reprinted signatures, but still a very cool item!

Messimorgan17
01-28-2018, 07:57 AM
Thank you. That’s it. I thought the signatures are a reproduction. It’s similar to what my daughter received when she had a soccer ball autographed by Mia Hamm and the rest of Team First at a Soccer camp. They gave her something similar to this.