PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Allen, food critic

weezie
10-25-2017, 03:19 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-25/duke-basketball-star-joins-queso-critics-on-worst-possible-day

Bluedog
10-25-2017, 03:24 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-25/duke-basketball-star-joins-queso-critics-on-worst-possible-day

Summary for those who don't want to click: ESPN interviewed Grayson and he called Chipotle's new queso offering "underwhelming." He has many people in agreement as it hasn't been received well at all -- more broadly, Chipotle stock has been crushed today in response to poor earnings.

weezie
10-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Well, not like it's a super long article. Did I miss something about we're not clicking on Bloomberg? Just asking, please.

Bluedog
10-25-2017, 03:28 PM
Well, not like it's a super long article. Did I miss something about we're not clicking on Bloomberg? Just asking, please.

Ha, true, not that I'm aware of. I just think it's helpful to give the highlights. It's the sagegrouse way -- I've learned from him. :D No offense intended, and didn't mean to suggest anything about Bloomberg. Although I did find it funny that the article linked to ANOTHER article than linked to yet ANOTHER article. That is some third hand reporting, haha.

English
10-25-2017, 03:47 PM
So does this mean that Duke and Grayson Allen are now ruining basketball, Cascada, AND Chipotle?! Bad week.

rasputin
10-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Summary for those who don't want to click: ESPN interviewed Grayson and he called Chipotle's new queso offering "underwhelming." He has many people in agreement as it hasn't been received well at all -- more broadly, Chipotle stock has been crushed today in response to poor earnings.

Well, you can't spell "Chipotle" without e coli.

LasVegas
10-25-2017, 04:01 PM
I love chipotle. I go there at least 3 times a month. The queso is very very gritty. But if you can get over that, it’s actually pretty good

quahog174
10-25-2017, 04:03 PM

And don't forget the tp

devildeac
10-25-2017, 04:13 PM

And don't forget the tp

Only on DBR :rolleyes:.

(that's actually nicely done)

duke4ever19
10-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Eric Cartman recommends Chipotlaway for any of your post-Chipotle stomach concerns.

fidel
10-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Chipotle killed Kenny!!!

Reilly
10-25-2017, 05:00 PM
... Did I miss something about we're not clicking on Bloomberg? Just asking, please.

Ha, true, not that I'm aware of ...

It's getting hard to keep the DBR life rules straight: so it's OK to consume news from large, successful companies, but it's not OK to consume "Ymm, Beers" from such companies and we must limit ourselves to imbibing from for-profit enterprises of small-to-middlin' size ...

luburch
10-26-2017, 07:16 AM
I love chipotle. I go there at least 3 times a month. The queso is very very gritty. But if you can get over that, it’s actually pretty good

Also a big Chipotle fan. The texture is a little strange with the queso, but I still think it has solid flavor.

camion
10-26-2017, 07:39 AM
Here in the south we love our cheese grits.

Chipotle just has a different take on that with their grits cheese. :)

fuse
10-26-2017, 08:08 AM
It's getting hard to keep the DBR life rules straight: so it's OK to consume news from large, successful companies, but it's not OK to consume "Ymm, Beers" from such companies and we must limit ourselves to imbibing from for-profit enterprises of small-to-middlin' size ...

Literal lol. Well played, sir.

My take on any DBR beer guidelines is merely be an informed consumer. Drink what you like!

Duke95
10-26-2017, 01:07 PM

Damn, rasputin with the savage throw-down.

El_Diablo
10-28-2017, 03:37 PM
Chipotle as a whole is very overrated IMO.

MCFinARL
10-28-2017, 11:37 PM
And don't forget the tp

What the h?

devildeac
10-28-2017, 11:45 PM

You are correct. For now.

DevilFalcon
10-28-2017, 11:47 PM
He's right about the dip. It's the size of a ketchup cup for 4 bucks. And doesn't taste good.
I'm actually a fan of their food in general though.

El_Diablo
10-29-2017, 10:30 AM
He also said he is back down to his freshman year weight (but much stronger). So maybe it’s a good thing for us that the queso isn’t great.

Ima Facultiwyfe
10-29-2017, 10:43 AM
He also said he is back down to his freshman year weight (but much stronger). So maybe it’s a good thing for us that the queso isn’t great.

Now if I could just get back down to MY freshman weight! (sigh)
Love, Ima

weezie
10-29-2017, 10:50 AM
...So maybe it’s a good thing for us that the queso isn’t great.

Hmmm, long ago, I made my farewell to queso. We parted as friends but, sadly, also as adversaries. Haven't seen old queso in many many many years.