PDA

View Full Version : Revise the Atlantic Coast Conference

SamHouston
10-22-2017, 12:26 PM
From my point of view the ACC needs to change. Start Leading! Stop measuring micro markets and running after money and do the right thing.

College football and basketball will be drastically different within a generation. I think North Carolina and Louisville need to be kicked out of the damn conference.

Replace them with Army & Navy. In short order the NCAA will be gone. Does the ACC want to become a hood ornament for shoe companies and networks?

Return to core values. Perhaps membership needs to be predicated on mission, endowment and quality, not the size of the potential TV market.

arnie
10-22-2017, 02:11 PM
From my point of view the ACC needs to change. Start Leading! Stop measuring micro markets and running after money and do the right thing.

College football and basketball will be drastically different within a generation. I think North Carolina and Louisville need to be kicked out of the damn conference.

Replace them with Army & Navy. In short order the NCAA will be gone. Does the ACC want to become a hood ornament for shoe companies and networks?

Return to core values. Perhaps membership needs to be predicated on mission, endowment and quality, not the size of the potential TV market.

Totally agree, but Swofford would have to be booted first.

PackMan97
10-22-2017, 03:07 PM

Come on...why do you want to insult Louisville like that?

duke4ever19
10-22-2017, 04:52 PM

Well, winning the conference in basketball would certainly get a bit easier.

DevilFalcon
10-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Values? Morals? Honor? Doing the 'right' thing? That is, unfortunately, not the USA we live in today.
Money, winning, ratings - no matter what. That's what it's all about now.

billy
10-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Totally agree, but Swofford would have to be booted first.

Wholly agree as well, but I don't think it's a realistic expectation. However, I do think it may be possible to have Swofford removed as ACC commish - unprecendented bad press/infractions during his tenure as commissioner and previously as AD

budwom
10-23-2017, 08:19 AM
I'm afraid i cannot see any scenario in which Duke "stops running after money." It's what we do.

In terms of reform, I was thinking more in terms of dividing the ACC into two divisions, "Academic" and "Shameless."
We could put ourselves in the Academic division along with, I dunno, BC, Wake, UVA....we know who gets an automatic bid
for the Shameless division.

devildeac
10-23-2017, 09:17 AM
I'm afraid i cannot see any scenario in which Duke "stops running after money." It's what we do.

In terms of reform, I was thinking more in terms of dividing the ACC into two divisions, "Academic" and "Shameless."
We could put ourselves in the Academic division along with, I dunno, BC, Wake, UVA...we know who gets an automatic bid
for the Shameless division.

Only one? :rolleyes: