View Full Version : Duke Lebron Nike connections featured in new video

proelitedota
10-17-2017, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvev1Bjx6oA

That's a really high budget ad.

:cool:

Billy Dat
10-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Nice, and it essentially illustrates the sneaker company role in modern basketball.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-17-2017, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvev1Bjx6oA

That's a really high budget ad.

:cool:

Very cool ad. Sorta hate the idea of the kid getting ripped for passing to the open guy at the end of the game. I mean, I get it (especially in context of LeBron) , but geez.

proelitedota
10-17-2017, 04:15 PM
Also, Army beats Duke in Cameron in what's most likely an exhibition game.

Foreshadowing 2033? I keed.

nmduke2001
10-17-2017, 04:23 PM
He really did put that kid in a bad position to take the last shot.....

LasVegas
10-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Holy cow was that awesome!

PackMan97
10-17-2017, 04:31 PM
If only a Duke player would choke like that :) K must have already retired.

I would also argue it wasn't an issue that he passed, it's that he hesitated before passing allow the defense to close on the shooter and eventually block the shot.

duke79
10-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Yea.......but.........how many minutes would he be playing ??

flyingdutchdevil
10-17-2017, 05:05 PM
1) Lebron comes back to Cleveland?!?!!? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

2) I thought the Warriors were supposed to be good at defense...

3) Duke may miss a shot. Duke may get blocked during a lay-up attempt. Duke does NOT get blocked at the 3pt line on a last second shot. Coach K must be retired...

4) Why does Nike decide to name the player "Grand" after this college hoops scandal? Good choice, Nike.

5) Is Grand supposed to be Kyrie?

brevity
10-17-2017, 05:10 PM
5) Is Grand supposed to be Kyrie?

Boom. Close the thread. My thoughts exactly.

Duke fans should be looking forward to Grand/Brand being the new Koubek/Zoubek.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Boom. Close the thread. My thoughts exactly.

Duke fans should be looking forward to Grand/Brand being the new Koubek/Zoubek.

If that is true... Very odd timing.

JasonEvans
10-17-2017, 05:27 PM
That was a very effective recruiting tool for us.

If I was __________ (any other Nike school) I'd be mildly furious right now. Lebron just clearly showed which school he likes best.

quahog174
10-17-2017, 05:58 PM

If I was __________ (any other Nike school) I'd be mildly furious right now. Lebron just clearly showed which school he likes best.

Hopefully Jr. feels the same.

nmduke2001
10-17-2017, 06:07 PM
btw, at the very top of ESPN.com there is a banner with a picture of LeBron chest bumping Mr. Grand. With the text, "WANT IT ALL (nike swoosh). Watch the FILM here."

cato
10-17-2017, 06:31 PM
DDMF

MPandolfi
10-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Next Woj article: “Nike needs to pull Lebron commercial, which is showcasing only Duke’s coach.”

bullettoothtony
10-17-2017, 07:12 PM
Next Woj article: “Nike needs to pull Lebron commercial, which is showcasing only Duke’s coach.”

I'm not a violent person but if I ever see that dude I'll be damn tempted to punch him in the face.

weezie
10-17-2017, 08:35 PM
DDMF

Seconded.

Newton_14
10-17-2017, 10:23 PM

I almost texted you when I saw this tonight. Why is that commercial even allowed? Just another slap in the face to college players as they cannot be in commercials themselves. I was actually shocked to see it.

With everything else going on in college hoops right now I feel that commercial is very ill-advised....

my two cents.

JasonEvans
10-18-2017, 09:48 AM
I almost texted you when I saw this tonight. Why is that commercial even allowed? Just another slap in the face to college players as they cannot be in commercials themselves. I was actually shocked to see it.

With everything else going on in college hoops right now I feel that commercial is very ill-advised...

my two cents.

Anything that highlights and brings more attention to the NCAA's truly absurd amateur rules is good with me. If this commercial is a slap in the face of all the college kids who are not allowed to appear in it, that's a good thing as maybe it will help wake players and congress and others up to the ridiculousness of the system.

And this commercial is good for Duke... so I like it ;)

DangerDevil
10-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Anything that highlights and brings more attention to the NCAA's truly absurd amateur rules is good with me. If this commercial is a slap in the face of all the college kids who are not allowed to appear in it, that's a good thing as maybe it will help wake players and congress and others up to the ridiculousness of the system.

And this commercial is good for Duke... so I like it ;)

Can the NCAA do things better? Sure.

But you really think that congress needs to be involved in “fixing the system”?

JasonEvans
10-18-2017, 10:55 AM

I think lawmakers could get involved by having hearings and bringing some pressure on the NCAA to make things fair for the athletes. I think the NCAA, NBA, and NFL (and perhaps the NLRB) need to be the ones who come up with the solutions but the more we can force them to deal with reality, the better.

DangerDevil
10-18-2017, 10:59 AM
I don’t doubt that Congress could get involved, I just don’t think they need to. I also think Congress has a few more pressing issues to figure out, I’m not holding my breathe that they will come up with any solutions though!

flyingdutchdevil
10-18-2017, 11:06 AM
I don’t doubt that Congress could get involved, I just don’t think they need to. I also think Congress has a few more pressing issues to figure out, I’m not holding my breathe that they will come up with any solutions though!

Yeah...fixing the NCAA should be agenda item #1,783 on their laundry list of problems to fix.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Yeah...fixing the NCAA should be agenda item #1,783 on their laundry list of problems to fix.

Steroids in baseball on the other hand was crucial to national interests...

/sarcasm

jv001
10-18-2017, 02:24 PM

When it comes to congress, the fix is usually in. The politicians are for the most part going to do what lines their pockets. I wouldn't let them go in an out-house with a muzzle on. Well at least that what my dad used to say. GoDuke!

English
10-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Steroids in baseball on the other hand was crucial to national interests...

/sarcasm

Nobody here is arguing that it should've been a Congressional priority to get involved with the steroid scandal in baseball...I'm not sure to whom your sarcasm is directed. Just because Congress inserted itself into something doesn't mean it should get involved in something tangentially related many years later. Who on earth would think that a Congress as divided as this one would be anything other than counterproductive anyway.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Nobody here is arguing that it should've been a Congressional priority to get involved with the steroid scandal in baseball...I'm not sure to whom your sarcasm is directed. Just because Congress inserted itself into something doesn't mean it should get involved in something tangentially related many years later. Who on earth would think that a Congress as divided as this one would be anything other than counterproductive anyway.

No, it wasn't directed at any poster. Rather, proving their point.

Congress (and the Executive Branch) should have a billion priorities above sports.