PDA

View Full Version : Manalishi, Manalishi, Where(fore) art thou Manalishi??

SilkyJ
10-14-2017, 12:01 PM
So who/where is this guy? I never trusted him, told you guys he was a fraud (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?36611-UNC-Athletic-Scandal-New-Wainstein-Document-Details&p=847304#post847304), but so many did trust him. Especially the Pack folks. How is this guy not being exposed--someone must know who he is?

BLPOG
10-14-2017, 12:12 PM
So who/where is this guy? I never trusted him, told you guys he was a fraud (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?36611-UNC-Athletic-Scandal-New-Wainstein-Document-Details&p=847304#post847304), but so many did trust him. Especially the Pack folks. How is this guy not being exposed--someone must know who he is?

Is gloating really what you want to be doing right now? Besides, I think you're dating yourself a bit - the members of this board that followed the scandal are long since past having dismissed that guy's "contributions" to the Pack forum.

SilkyJ
10-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Is gloating really what you want to be doing right now? Besides, I think you're dating yourself a bit - the members of this board that followed the scandal are long since past having dismissed that guy's "contributions" to the Pack forum.

After all the harassment I took, I think it deserve to. But I really just want to know who this guy is. His words were taken so seriously early on in the scandal.

UrinalCake
10-14-2017, 08:49 PM
I think that years ago, Manalishi had insider information. He was part of exposing the Marvin Austin Cheesecake Factory receipt, the Julius Peppers Transcript, and broke the story of PJ Hairston's arrest a day before it became public. Because of this he developed a cult-like following where Pack Pride viewers worshipped everything he would say. During the Wainstein Report he was able to shed some light on what was happening behind the scenes, but by then his sources were drying up so he started providing less and less information while embellishing his posts with wild stories of being in the CIA and hopping on military helicopters. For a couple years he would post once every several months, saying little else than "be patient" and "a lot is happening, don't worry" and PP readers would go crazy with excitement.

Everything came to a head before the release of the first amended NOA. For a few months beforehand, a poster who was later exposed as the Count was able to catfish post of the message board world by claiming to be a compliance officer with inside information. He claimed he had seen the ANOA and that the timeline had been extended to include the 1993 banner and that a sixth level 1 violation had been added. In retrospect, the fact that anyone ever believed him is a sad commentary on what fanatical message board readers will allow themselves to believe when they want it to be true (not referring to everyone here, just people like me). Anyways, the Count fed fake information to Manalishi, which Manalishi later cited as coming from one of his "insider sources," and the Count later called him out on it thus destroying Manalishi's credibility.

In summary, I don't think Manalishi was a fraud, I just think he ran out of information or maybe his sources became unavailable or unreliable. After he was duped by the Count, nobody would believe anything he said so he stopped posting anything meaningful. I spent way too much of my life following the whole story, which was like a work of fiction, but it did provide quite a bit of entertainment.

El_Diablo
10-14-2017, 09:47 PM
I am not sure why anyone would feel the need to create a thread singling out a poster on another forum who posted inaccurate information years ago, but I think this thread is beneath DBR and a complete waste of time.

To clarify, I think everyone realized a long time ago that this guy was full of it. I just don’t see the point of dredging it up at this point.

JBDuke
10-15-2017, 12:01 AM
This thread serves no further purpose. I'm closing it.