PDA

View Full Version : Football ticket question

RaiderDevil
09-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Does anybody know if a two year old has to have a ticket to football games? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Bob Green
09-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Does anybody know if a two year old has to have a ticket to football games? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Due to security concerns, pregnant women are required to have two tickets. :rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't help myself there...

Actually, I have no idea.

tbyers11
09-24-2017, 07:12 PM

If you scroll way down to the Ticket Information section here (http://http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210043288) you will find this blurb

Tickets for all Duke Football games and other sporting events are available at www.goduke.com/tickets or by calling the ticket office at 919-681-BLUE (2583). Tickets are required for all guests age three (3) and older. Tickets are not required for children two (2) and under who sit on a parent/guardian’s lap.

Looks like you don't need a ticket for your two year old

uh_no
09-24-2017, 07:22 PM
If you scroll way down to the Ticket Information section here (http://http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210043288) you will find this blurb

yeah but be sure to carry him in a duke branded clear plastic bag.... otherwise the tsa wanna bees may make you toss him before the game /s

jimsumner
09-24-2017, 07:33 PM

Keeping him/her on your lap for four or so hours should be a breeze. :)

dukelifer
09-24-2017, 07:41 PM

So hard to find an open seat in Wade

RaiderDevil
09-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the info...Cami says thanks too!

Pghdukie
09-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Always helps to know the ticket taker !

budwom
09-24-2017, 09:45 PM

or use him/her as a hat.

jimmymax
09-24-2017, 11:51 PM
Due to security concerns, pregnant women are required to have two tickets. :rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't help myself there...

Actually, I have no idea.

Best to bring latest ultrasound to prove not carrying twins+

UrinalCake
09-25-2017, 10:25 AM
A word of caution - a few years ago I had trouble bringing food into the stadium for my then-toddler who has severe allergies. I explained to the security guard at the gate that she cannot eat any food at the stadium or she would literally die, and he said I would have to dump out the contents of my diaper bag and "go buy a hot dog." We left after 30 minutes and honestly it's one of the big reasons why I haven't been back to a game since then.

OldPhiKap
09-25-2017, 10:53 AM
A word of caution - a few years ago I had trouble bringing food into the stadium for my then-toddler who has severe allergies. I explained to the security guard at the gate that she cannot eat any food at the stadium or she would literally die, and he said I would have to dump out the contents of my diaper bag and "go buy a hot dog." We left after 30 minutes and honestly it's one of the big reasons why I haven't been back to a game since then.

Did you contact the Athletic Department about this? Seems to be an issue that needs rectifying.

budwom
09-25-2017, 11:06 AM

under Duke's written policy (on GoDuke.com) they say stuff for medical reasons can be brought in...but yeah, it does require some judgment on the part of the staff, something which (over the years) I have not found in great abundance.

sagegrouse
09-25-2017, 11:13 AM

Did you contact the Athletic Department about this? Seems to be an issue that needs rectifying.

I commented on this story when UrinalCake first published it. I thought it was a horrible situation, but I also gave some latitude to the police and security guards to exercise judgment. Was it possible they were aware of Mr. U.C.'s unfortunate screen name and thought he might be a public health hazard?

Kindly,
Sage

aimo
09-25-2017, 11:30 AM

On the flip side, there are the teenage girls checking bags who, when I offered them my small cosmetics bag to check, simply said Naw, you're good.

CameronBornAndBred
09-25-2017, 11:42 AM

Another classic example of the "Common Sense" that rules Duke athletics on game day. Kind of like the parking guys threatening to tow us last year while we tailgated during Matthew. (There were at most three other cars in the parking lot.)

FadedTackyShirt
09-25-2017, 11:50 AM
yeah but be sure to carry him in a duke branded clear plastic bag... otherwise the tsa wanna bees may make you toss him before the game /s

Read the bag policy on GoDuke and even clear plastic bags (used at many major sporting events) are off limits. Medical supplies or Duke store merch bags are OK.