PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Maria

dudog84
09-19-2017, 08:29 AM
She is taking dead aim at our compatriots in Puerto Rico. Sustained winds of 160 mph. I am past ready for this season to be over.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT15/refresh/AL152017_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/115242_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Even if North Carolina doesn't take a direct hit (too early to tell but the spaghetti says she will miss by a bit), there will be more coastal erosion on the Outer Banks.

duketaylor
09-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Good luck to all my friends there as I spent 8th and 9th grade on the Naval base. Gonna be a mess. El Yunque is the peak, everything will flow down from there and I expect devastation. Fingers crossed.

rsvman
09-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Yeah, they have had it pretty bad in the past few weeks. I really hope Maria turns east and stays off the coast like Jose did.

dudog84
09-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Sustained winds up to 175 mph. Yeesh.

duketaylor
09-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Looks like it will be a dead hit to Roosevelt Roads Naval Base; I expect all the ships have been sent out of harms way. Rosie Roads is on NE tip next to Fajardo. Bob Green's very familiar with it as well, IIRC. There's lots of homes that will be demolished, very substandard buildings throughout the Commonwealth. Parts of Rosie Roads are only about 6-8 feet above sea level. Gonna be very ugly. Tugs at my heart to think about it. Good luck!!

BigWayne
09-19-2017, 10:09 PM
Looks like it will be a dead hit to Roosevelt Roads Naval Base; I expect all the ships have been sent out of harms way. Rosie Roads is on NE tip next to Fajardo. Bob Green's very familiar with it as well, IIRC. There's lots of homes that will be demolished, very substandard buildings throughout the Commonwealth. Parts of Rosie Roads are only about 6-8 feet above sea level. Gonna be very ugly. Tugs at my heart to think about it. Good luck!!

It's going to be very bad. PR didn't really get hit by the bad part of Irma and their power grid fell apart because it was in such bad shape from poor management and maintenance. It hasn't got fixed from Irma and what's working now will be wiped out by Maria.