PDA

View Full Version : One n dones and returning players. 2018-2020

proelitedota
09-17-2017, 04:28 PM
K's contract runs to 2020 and let's that assume the worst happens and he decides to retire at the end of it.

What are the lineups based around recruits and returning players that you want to see to give him the most chance for at least one more title during those years? I am attempting an realistic and yet optimistic lineups, so 5 star recruits for future classes who we're going after are realistically likely to commit to us based on our sustained recruiting run, and yet players that were top 10 recruits are definitely not likely to stay.

So for next year, my optimistic lineup is

Starting
Delaurier, swole and improved 6'10, 240+lbs
Zion Williamson, 6'8 230
Cam Reddish, 6'7 205
Darius Garland / RJ Barret
Tre Jones

Bench:
Vrank
David McCormack
JRob
White
Tucker
O'connel
Goldwire
Buckner

2019:
http://www.espn.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/150/class/2019/page/considering

Hoping to see Javin return for his final year. Hope we get Vernon Carey Jr, Matthew Hurt, Josh Green and Bryan Antoine.

Vernon Carey Jr.,
Javin D
Jordan Tucker
O'Connel
Tre Jones

Bench:
David McCormack
Matthew Hurt
Jack White
Bryan Antoine
Goldwire

Kedsy
09-17-2017, 04:42 PM
K's contract runs to 2020 and let's that assume the worst happens and he decides to retire at the end of it.

Why would we want to do this?

proelitedota
09-17-2017, 05:07 PM
Why would we want to do this?

He'll be 73. It's not out of the question.
:rolleyes:

mattman91
09-17-2017, 05:16 PM

What are the lineups based around recruits and returning players that you want to see to give him the most chance for at least one more title during those years? I am attempting an realistic and yet optimistic lineups, so 5 star recruits for future classes who we're going after are realistically likely to commit to us based on our sustained recruiting run, and yet players that were top 10 recruits are definitely not likely to stay.

So for next year, my optimistic lineup is

Starting
Delaurier, swole and improved 6'10, 240+lbs
Zion Williamson, 6'8 230
Cam Reddish, 6'7 205
Darius Garland / RJ Barret
Tre Jones

Bench:
Vrank
David McCormack
JRob
White
Tucker
O'connel
Goldwire
Buckner

2019:
http://www.espn.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/150/class/2019/page/considering

Hoping to see Javin return for his final year. Hope we get Vernon Carey Jr, Matthew Hurt, Josh Green and Bryan Antoine.

Vernon Carey Jr.,
Javin D
Jordan Tucker
O'Connel
Tre Jones

Bench:
David McCormack
Matthew Hurt
Jack White
Bryan Antoine
Goldwire

Andre Buckner still has eligibility?

Kedsy
09-17-2017, 05:43 PM
He'll be 73. It's not out of the question.
:rolleyes:

Whether it's "out of the question" is not what I asked.

CDu
09-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Whether it's "out of the question" is not what I asked.

I would say it is probably close to a 50/50 proposition. While I am not sure I am ready to assume he won't be here after 2020, I sure wouldn't assume that K will be here past 2020. At least not with any sort of confidence.

Troublemaker
09-18-2017, 11:03 AM
Our best shot at a title is probably this upcoming season because the team is extremely talented and fits together well on paper without much duplication of skills. That said, with the way the NCAA tourney works, you just want to have a great shot at it every year, and hopefully one year you break through and win 6 games. The Duke team that wins 6 games might not be this season's team even if it has the best shot.