PDA

View Full Version : Optical Illusion

EarlJam
10-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Okay folks, this is the best one I've seen yet. And I promise, promise, DOUBLE PROMISE, this isn't one of those things where something jumps out at you to scare you. Try it. Let me know what you think....

http://www.eyetricks.com/3002.htm

-EarlJam

wilson
10-19-2007, 05:41 PM
You're right; that is pretty cool. Also, I have epilepsy now.

EarlJam
10-19-2007, 05:44 PM

I want to install a portable version of this on my car dashboard and stare into it for two minutes just before exiting onto I-285 - with a Sweetwater IPA in hand.

-EarlJam

captmojo
10-19-2007, 05:55 PM

...and my eyes are bleeding.

hc5duke
10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
...and my eyes are bleeding.

'tis just a flesh wound.

captmojo
10-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I've had worse.

billybreen
10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Okay folks, this is the best one I've seen yet. And I promise, promise, DOUBLE PROMISE, this isn't one of those things where something jumps out at you to scare you. Try it. Let me know what you think....

http://www.eyetricks.com/3002.htm

-EarlJam

If anyone is in a location with marble (or anything with a similar pattern), I suggest staring at that once your eyes are appropriately screwed. It looks like the marble is a liquid. I think the stiff jack+coke on my last flight helped as well.

hc5duke
10-19-2007, 08:22 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5693171,00.gif
I saw counter-clockwise, but then clockwise when I look away and look again... I downloaded the animated GIF and thee doesn't seem to be any trick to it.

Rich
10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Who cares! Do you have her phone number?!

EarlJam
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Who cares! Do you have her phone number?!

Hottest silhouette I've ever seen. I think it is Anna Kournikova because with each revelation, I can hear the words, "EarlJam! I want you!"

-EarlJam

snowdenscold
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm so confused. I know I am left-brained generally - but I've been really trying for awhile, and cannot see anything other than clockwise. Are you sure it's possible she can be going CCW?

EarlJam
10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm so confused. I know I am left-brained generally - but I've been really trying for awhile, and cannot see anything other than clockwise. Are you sure it's possible she can be going CCW?

That's all I see too - clockwise.

-EarlJam

snowdenscold
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
That's all I see too - clockwise.

-EarlJam

I think all these people who claim to see CCW are part of a vast conspiracy to make us feel weird. A vast left-brain conspiracy perhaps?

hc5duke
10-22-2007, 05:43 PM
I think all these people who claim to see CCW are part of a vast conspiracy to make us feel weird. A vast left-brain conspiracy perhaps?

clearly. Try looking at only her feet, cover her body with your hands (if you're not already doing that... ahem :rolleyes: ) then look at her again

EarlJam
10-22-2007, 05:46 PM
clearly. Try looking at only her feet, cover her body with your hands (if you're not already doing that... ahem :rolleyes: ) then look at her again

That worked! Seriously. I saw counter-clockwise rotation! Who knew that all it took was a foot fetish!?

-EarlJam

hc5duke
10-22-2007, 05:51 PM
That worked! Seriously. I saw counter-clockwise rotation! Who knew that all it took was a foot fetish!?

-EarlJam

actually, us conspirators installed motion sensors on your monitor. As soon as the body is covered up, we switch the rotation remotely.

snowdenscold
10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
actually, us conspirators installed motion sensors on your monitor. As soon as the body is covered up, we switch the rotation remotely.

Actually, I was able to ignore all her body and concentrate only on the shadow. Then I was able to visualize how the rest of her body would be and now see CCW. Of course, I am completely unable to go back to CW now.

I'm still curious why I was drawn to CW in the first place when everything on the left-brained list fits me.

DevilAlumna
10-22-2007, 07:26 PM

This conspiracy is obviously a continuation of the one perpetrated by those who claim to see fancy, elaborate images in those posters of random digital colored pixels. I, for one, will no longer stare at the wall (or my monitor) for their amusement. ;)

EarlJam
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM
If you REALLY pay attention to the rotating image, you will also notice she is quite cold (temperature wise).

-EarlJam

P.S. If you can't see this, try covering her feet, legs, lower torso, neck, arms and head, then stare.

hc5duke
10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
If you REALLY pay attention to the rotating image, you will also notice she is quite cold (temperature wise).

-EarlJam

P.S. If you can't see this, try covering her feet, legs, lower torso, neck, arms and head, then stare.

I noticed this, too, but couldn't find a good way to say this without saying it. Thanks :)

mapei
10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
OK, I sat there and stared at the video. I noticed that the patterns seem to shift subtly from time to time, and about halfway through I felt some blurriness in my peripheral vision. I stayed in "relaxed concentration" mode looking at the center of the screen without moving.

When the red print came on the screen, I looked away. Nothing but normal vision. Are the rest of you seeing a sort of hologram figure?

jma4life
10-23-2007, 01:03 PM
For the spinning girl, It's constantly changing for me. The first time I ever saw it, I saw clockwise. When first seeing it today, I saw anticlockwise. I find that if you viusualize it in your head going one way, that's what you'll see. Also, the foot thing also worked. If I moved my hand to cover it up and then movied it back, I'd get a switch in what I saw each time i did it.

Rich
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
If I stare intently at her chest then I don't care whether she is spinning at all. But I do feel something strange, yet stimulating, "down there." What's that all about?

hc5duke
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
If I stare intently at her chest then I don't care whether she is spinning at all. But I do feel something strange, yet stimulating, "down there." What's that all about?

Your foot's asleep, hit it a couple times, and walk around a bit.

Rich
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Your foot's asleep, hit it a couple times, and walk around a bit.Yes, walking around did the trick. But everytime I stare at the illusion that weird feeling comes back.

captmojo
10-23-2007, 10:47 PM
It's all summed up in my new signature line.

Ping Lin
10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
I think the weirdest thing about that dancer is that I can view the dancer one way, scroll up until it's out of view, convince myself she's spinning in the opposite direction, scroll back down and lo and behold, she is. And change direction in this fashion repeatedly.

For the record, though, I did see her spin clockwise initially, and couldn't get the counterclockwise motion until doing the above trick.