PDA

View Full Version : Cal dbs against uncheats

duketaylor
09-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Hilarious, the Cal dbs strategy at the end was to mug all the cheats receivers; intentional takedowns.
Amazing!!

budwom
09-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Hilarious, the Cal dbs strategy at the end was to mug all the cheats receivers; intentional takedowns.
Amazing!!

I totally get the strategy, but they seemed a tad overenthusiastic about it, except it's the cheats we're talking about, so it's all good.

In the amazing loss to Merlin some years back, the Duke coaches totally spaced out and allowed Merlin to score on two pass plays, 89 yards, in something like 12 seconds.
Should have tackled the receivers for the 15 yard penalty, but no, two huge pass plays and we lost (as usual).

arnie
09-02-2017, 04:39 PM
I totally get the strategy, but they seemed a tad overenthusiastic about it, except it's the cheats we're talking about, so it's all good.

In the amazing loss to Merlin some years back, the Duke coaches totally spaced out and allowed Merlin to score on two pass plays, 89 yards, in something like 12 seconds.
Should have tackled the receivers for the 15 yard penalty, but no, two huge pass plays and we lost (as usual).

Was at the game. Maryland on their own 13 with 13 seconds AND NO TIMEOUTS. Impossible to lose unless a DB falls down I thought. Bot no, we give up a easy pass to near sideline around our 45. Then a Hail Mary. I really don't think our DBs knew on either pass that pass interference works. I swore off Duke football that day, but it didn't stick.

budwom
09-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Was at the game. Maryland on their own 13 with 13 seconds AND NO TIMEOUTS. Impossible to lose unless a DB falls down I thought. Bot no, we give up a easy pass to near sideline around our 45. Then a Hail Mary. I really don't think our DBs knew on either pass that pass interference works. I swore off Duke football that day, but it didn't stick.

yup, our DBs had no clue whatsoever. Appalling if not completely surprising.

weezie
09-02-2017, 09:08 PM
cheaters, phooey. Go home, oh yeah, you're at home, go cry on your wee pillows.

weezie in one fierce bad sports mood. Spoon it up cheats.