PDA

View Full Version : Amile Jefferson Will Be Dancing With Wolves

gam7
08-31-2017, 07:12 PM
Amile signs a partially guaranteed contract (https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/timberwolves-amile-jefferson-signs-contract-with-timberwolves/) with Minnesota. Congrats Amile!

He'll be a way longshot to make the opening day roster, but ...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.gif

rthomas
08-31-2017, 08:29 PM
Like.

MartyClark
08-31-2017, 08:48 PM
Yeah, Go Amile! I hope he sticks and makes some money.

He was a solid, productive, low maintenance guy for Duke.

DukieInBrasil
08-31-2017, 11:16 PM
Prior to injuring his foot last year, Amile was playing like a guy who could have gotten serious consideration as a late 1st round or 2nd round pick. He displayed a decent talent for driving to the hole from the elbow, but still didn't even try to hint at displaying a jumper of any sort. He played out of position for so much of his career that it's hard to know what his to think of his prospects. His ability to hit shots around the basket without playing above the rim set him apart on the Duke roster, but it's hard to know how that would play in the NBA since dudes are so much taller and more athletic.
Hard work, attention to detail and willingness to do the dirty work can get you a career in the NBA, withe right team. Sure would help to have a reliable jumper, just ask Lance.

gep
09-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Prior to injuring his foot last year, Amile was playing like a guy who could have gotten serious consideration as a late 1st round or 2nd round pick. He displayed a decent talent for driving to the hole from the elbow, but still didn't even try to hint at displaying a jumper of any sort. He played out of position for so much of his career that it's hard to know what his to think of his prospects. His ability to hit shots around the basket without playing above the rim set him apart on the Duke roster, but it's hard to know how that would play in the NBA since dudes are so much taller and more athletic. Hard work, attention to detail and willingness to do the dirty work can get you a career in the NBA, withe right team. Sure would help to have a reliable jumper, just ask Lance.

This might date me... but the bolded passage reminds me of Kurt Rambis on the ShowTime Lakers... :cool: After all, he was a starter on that team through the showtime years.

Indoor66
09-01-2017, 07:27 AM
This might date me... but the bolded passage reminds me of Kurt Rambis on the ShowTime Lakers... :cool: After all, he was a starter on that team through the showtime years.

Didn't he garner five "Best Glasses in the League" awards around that time?