PDA

View Full Version : Moda Center and Veterans Memorial Coliiseum

madscavenger
08-31-2017, 04:39 PM
PKI- yes, i'm going. I've never been to either venue, though. Looks pretty decent all around. Any particular sections to avoid? Thanks in advance.

sagegrouse
08-31-2017, 05:34 PM
PKI- yes, i'm going. I've never been to either venue, though. Looks pretty decent all around. Any particular sections to avoid? Thanks in advance.

I had to look them up, but it seems the two listings in the title are the basketball arenas in Portland, Oregon.

Kindly,
Sage
'I don't expect "five W's and an H" like a news story lead para. but shouldn't threads and posts be informative?'

El_Diablo
08-31-2017, 05:37 PM
It would be helpful to have a clue what a thread is talking about, but it seems the two listed entries are the basketball arenas in Portland, Oregon.

PKI = Phil Knight Invitational. It is a 16-team, two-bracket basketball event that will be held in Portland, Oregon to honor Nike co-founder Phil Knight's 80th birthday. Duke is playing in it.

BoiseDevil
08-31-2017, 07:55 PM
I'll be at every Blue Devil game. I believe each of them will be at Veterans.

I hope we play Texas; it will be fun to watch Bamba battle with Bolden/Carter and maybe a "meeting at the rim" with Bagley.

Can't wait!

madscavenger
08-31-2017, 11:44 PM
I'll be at every Blue Devil game. I believe each of them will be at Veterans...................................... Can't wait!

Should we win out, it will look like this:

Thursday 11-23 at Veteran's Memorial
Friday 11-24 at Moda Center
Sunday 11-26 at Moda Center

Anyone with comments on seat location??

Henderson
09-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Well, first of all, no one calls it "Veterans Memorial" or "Veterans".

It's "The Coliseum" as opposed to "The Rose Garden", which is the old name that Portland locals still call "The Moda Center" -- which is just another corporate naming disaster. The two venues are located within easy walking distance of each other, and both are on the Max (light rail) line, an easy 5 minute ride from downtown Portland.

Not a bad seat in the house in either joint. The Coliseum seats about 12K (depending on configuration); the Rose Garden seats about 18K. There's always a good Duke crowd at either venue when The Good Guys play.

madscavenger
09-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Well, first of all, no one calls it "Veterans Memorial" or "Veterans".

It's "The Coliseum" as opposed to "The Rose Garden", which is the old name that Portland locals still call "The Moda Center" -- which is just another corporate naming disaster. The two venues are located within easy walking distance of each other, and both are on the Max (light rail) line, an easy 5 minute ride from downtown Portland.

Not a bad seat in the house in either joint. The Coliseum seats about 12K (depending on configuration); the Rose Garden seats about 18K. There's always a good Duke crowd at either venue when The Good Guys play.

i've never been to Oregon, obligatory Hells Canyon drive a sole exception. So the venues, "a rose by any other name". My bad.

Thanks for the perspective on seating; its exactly what I was looking for.:D

t

juise
11-08-2017, 03:35 AM
I finally got my PK80 tickets on the secondary market over the last few weeks and am starting to get pretty amped about seeing Duke in person for the first time since late 2010. (In another thread, someone said Duke/Oregon was the one time Duke came to the Northwest, but they were also in Portland my freshman year, 2000, for the Dunleavy home game. I happened to be home for Thanksgiving.)

Who else is going?

martydoesntfoul
11-08-2017, 03:57 AM
I finally got my PK80 tickets on the secondary market over the last few weeks and am starting to get pretty amped about seeing Duke in person for the first time since late 2010. (In another thread, someone said Duke/Oregon was the one time Duke came to the Northwest, but they were also in Portland my freshman year, 2000, for the Dunleavy home game. I happened to be home for Thanksgiving.)

Who else is going?I will be there for the Friday and Sunday games. If there are any meet-up plans, please let me know.

Eternal Outlaw
11-08-2017, 12:26 PM

Who else is going?

I'll be at all three games

Ultrarunner
11-08-2017, 12:59 PM

Who else is going?

I'll be there for the last two Duke games. I'll be at the Moda on Thanksgiving cheering on Portland.