PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, DUKE

kaliked
10-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Last October, in a small town named Hornell, 38 men and women active in the Army National Guard were shipped out to Iraq to uphold our freedom. A few weeks ago, the Triple Deuce Club, who gathers supplies and necesseties for our troops while they are over there, contacted Coach K about donations for our troops coming home this week (Tuesday, Ocotober 23). The Duke basketball program sent out 38 DUKE Nike basketball tee-shirts for our troops. These men and women are our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, wives, and husbands, and they will appreciate the generiosity and thoughts of Duke. I would like to put forward a large THANK YOU to the Duke basketball program and Coach K!

Thank you,
Samantha
Triple Deuce Club of the 222nd MP Complany of Hornell NY

Indoor66
10-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Last October, in a small town named Hornell, 38 men and women active in the Army National Guard were shipped out to Iraq to uphold our freedom. A few weeks ago, the Triple Deuce Club, who gathers supplies and necesseties for our troops while they are over there, contacted Coach K about donations for our troops coming home this week (Tuesday, Ocotober 23). The Duke basketball program sent out 38 DUKE Nike basketball tee-shirts for our troops. These men and women are our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, wives, and husbands, and they will appreciate the generiosity and thoughts of Duke. I would like to put forward a large THANK YOU to the Duke basketball program and Coach K!

Thank you,
Samantha
Triple Deuce Club of the 222nd MP Complany of Hornell NY

Thanks to your Guardsmen returning and to Duke & Coach K for honoring them.

lavell12
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
This is a great thing Duke is doing. The real thankyou however goes to the troops who fight for America on a daily basis. America wouldn'dt be what it is today without men and women like we have in the US Armed Services. Thanks everyone in the US Military. We will win this war.

stals
10-19-2007, 06:33 PM
God bless all of you.

JasonEvans
10-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Wait, you mean Coach K didn't issue a press release and hire a TV crew to publicize this?!?!?! I am confused. I thought he only did nice stuff when the ESPN cameras were around to capture it.

--Jason " ;) " Evans

Lord Ash
10-20-2007, 10:21 AM
*laugh* That is the single most annoying thing EVER, when people I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and moan about how K is so horrible and so terrible and so greedy and only cares about himself... I've rarely seen a coach do as much as he does for the community!

Indoor66
10-20-2007, 10:42 AM
*laugh* That is the single most annoying thing EVER, when people I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and moan about how K is so horrible and so terrible and so greedy and only cares about himself... I've rarely seen a coach do as much as he does for the community!

I am still looking for the DES Center for the Underprivileged in CH!

-jk
10-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Please keep the political discourse in the Public Policy forum.

regards,

-jk

JasonEvans
10-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Please keep the political discourse in the Public Policy forum.

regards,

-jk

Ya'll are lucky -jk got to this thread before I did. If I had seen the political posting on the main board first I would have given each and every one of you infraction points. It does not belong on this board and will not be tolerated. I let the first few at the top of the thread slide as it seemed to have been self-policed and stopped. I was wrong.

--Jason

duke74
10-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Ya'll are lucky -jk got to this thread before I did. If I had seen the political posting on the main board first I would have given each and every one of you infraction points. It does not belong on this board and will not be tolerated. I let the first few at the top of the thread slide as it seemed to have been self-policed and stopped. I was wrong.

--Jason

Jason,

Just as a matter of protocol education, why wouldn't just the first poster who strayed from the original intent be given "infraction points"? I am not debating the policy, but just am curious.

The thread started with a thank you to Coach K and Duke for sending jerseys to returning combatants...that's it. Then someone decided to politicize it (moving the subject from a basketball-related item). What is the policy there? Seems to be somewhat subjective. That is, who should be penalized? -- the person who initally deviated, or the respondents to the deviation-causing comment?

Thanks.

JasonEvans
10-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Jason,

Just as a matter of protocol education, why wouldn't just the first poster who strayed from the original intent be given "infraction points"? I am not debating the policy, but just am curious.

The thread started with a thank you to Coach K and Duke for sending jerseys to returning combatants...that's it. Then someone decided to politicize it (moving the subject from a basketball-related item). What is the policy there? Seems to be somewhat subjective. That is, who should be penalized? -- the person who initally deviated, or the respondents to the deviation-causing comment?

Thanks.

When some other poster veers into inappropriate content your response should not be to challenge them and engage in a potentially heated debate but to hit the "report post" button and let the mods know what is going on.

As I said, I did not flag anyone or shut the posts down when I read the first few posts early on Saturday. At that time there was a brief movement into Public Policy areas but it seemed to have shut itself down. But, it cropped up again and -jk took care of business.

As for who should be penalized-- I think it is anyone who engages in inappropriate content... even if it is just in response to someone else. In other words, just cause one poster starts a fire, you are not given the all clear to pour gasoline on it and then blame them. Does that make sense?

I should be clear that not every single post that -jk deleted would have been a post about which I would have given an infraction. There was some grey area here, to be sure, and I am not a black-&-white-only kinda guy. I was using a generality to say that I thought some of the posts in this thread had gotten off easy for clearly violating the terms of posting on this bulletin board.

No hard feelings to anyone, I hope.

--Jason "just one moderator's opinion..." Evans

duke74
10-21-2007, 09:44 AM
When some other poster veers into inappropriate content your response should not be to challenge them and engage in a potentially heated debate but to hit the "report post" button and let the mods know what is going on.

As I said, I did not flag anyone or shut the posts down when I read the first few posts early on Saturday. At that time there was a brief movement into Public Policy areas but it seemed to have shut itself down. But, it cropped up again and -jk took care of business.

As for who should be penalized-- I think it is anyone who engages in inappropriate content... even if it is just in response to someone else. In other words, just cause one poster starts a fire, you are not given the all clear to pour gasoline on it and then blame them. Does that make sense?

I should be clear that not every single post that -jk deleted would have been a post about which I would have given an infraction. There was some grey area here, to be sure, and I am not a black-&-white-only kinda guy. I was using a generality to say that I thought some of the posts in this thread had gotten off easy for clearly violating the terms of posting on this bulletin board.

No hard feelings to anyone, I hope.

--Jason "just one moderator's opinion..." Evans

None at all. Thanks for the clarification.