PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Champions Classic - Duke section and public ticket sale date?

LngdnAlger
08-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Hi All -
I'm posting with the hope that someone has information around the Champions Classic on Nov 14. Iron Dukes are selling tickets now, but there's no info on where the seats are. I'm a low level Iron Duke, so I won't get the best seats, and am therefore trying to determine whether I should jump in that pool or wait for tickets to be available to the public. That, of course, begs the question of when the tickets will become available to the public?
Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
McLeod

thedukelamere
08-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Hi All -
I'm posting with the hope that someone has information around the Champions Classic on Nov 14. Iron Dukes are selling tickets now, but there's no info on where the seats are. I'm a low level Iron Duke, so I won't get the best seats, and am therefore trying to determine whether I should jump in that pool or wait for tickets to be available to the public. That, of course, begs the question of when the tickets will become available to the public?
Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
McLeod

Hey McLeod, I don't have any insider knowledge, but I've been to every Duke game in Chicago over the past ten years or so.. I'd buy what you can through Iron Dukes and roll the dice afterwards. I sign up every year to get notified by the United Center/State Farm and have never been contacted regarding the actual release dates. I'm unaware of their various deals in place, but typically 3rd party crooks (vendors) end up with 95%+ of the public tickets... I would assume this year's tix will be even more sought after than '13 and '15, so prices will be substantially higher than anything you'd get through ID.

Bluedog
08-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Hey McLeod, I don't have any insider knowledge, but I've been to every Duke game in Chicago over the past ten years or so.. I'd buy what you can through Iron Dukes and roll the dice afterwards. I sign up every year to get notified by the United Center/State Farm and have never been contacted regarding the actual release dates. I'm unaware of their various deals in place, but typically 3rd party crooks (vendors) end up with 95%+ of the public tickets... I would assume this year's tix will be even more sought after than '13 and '15, so prices will be substantially higher than anything you'd get through ID.

Yep, I've tried in the past to get tickets when it opened up to the general public and was unsuccesful despite logging onto Ticketmaster the second it opened up. With Kansas, MSU, and Kentucky fanbases being huge and close to Chicago, it's almost impossible....And yeah, third party guys snatch up a ton of the public tickets somehow looking to turn a profit. I'm hoping that Duke gets more allotment of tickets to give to alumni beyond those that are Iron Dukes. But, yes, I'd agree with thedukelamere that if you want to go to the game, I'd lock it in when you can. I'm hoping to go as well, but am not an ID.