PDA

View Full Version : Life the (Alien tribute) movie

fuse
08-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Title pretty much says it all.
Didn't see a thread discussing it.

Had a good cast, and largely wasted potential.
I expected more.

chriso
08-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Title pretty much says it all.
Didn't see a thread discussing it.

Had a good cast, and largely wasted potential.
I expected more.

We saw this in theaters in the spring as it looked like a good Alien type movie. It was okay. The alien itself was generic, although that may speak to the genius of the Alien design we are used to. Also, and I know characters in these movies act dumb, but common! A scientist says "hey let me let this alien creature crawl on my hand. Isn't he cute?" I did like the twist at the end. Overall a pretty good movie but I agree could have been more.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
08-06-2017, 11:00 AM
We saw this in theaters in the spring as it looked like a good Alien type movie. It was okay. The alien itself was generic, although that may speak to the genius of the Alien design we are used to. Also, and I know characters in these movies act dumb, but common! A scientist says "hey let me let this alien creature crawl on my hand. Isn't he cute?" I did like the twist at the end. Overall a pretty good movie but I agree could have been more.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but got the impression that 95% of it was shown in the trailer. Is that accurate?

fuse
08-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Agree the twist at the end was good (and easily anticipated).

fuse
08-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Haven't seen the movie yet, but got the impression that 95% of it was shown in the trailer. Is that accurate?

I don't know about 95%.
Fair to say key chunks of the plot are in the trailer.

chriso
08-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I don't know about 95%.
Fair to say key chunks of the plot are in the trailer.

Pretty accurate (that most of the movie is in the trailer)but there are some twists and turns. Probably worth a rental. Just laughing at my lukewarm praise. Could end up on the cover. "Okay; probably worth a rental." :)