PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV Rules!!!!

JBDuke
03-07-2007, 09:36 PM
In what has just become maybe my favorite TV commercial of all time, DirecTV is marketing their "MEGA March Madness" NCAA tourney package using two guys talking about watching the 1999 UNC - Weber State game.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!!!!

Duke15304
03-07-2007, 09:39 PM
i thought it was funny, i am surprised they dont have one for us, oh i forgot we always lose to a team that goes to the final four or wins the NC

willywoody
03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
well not exactly (usc and some directional team from up michigan way or so come to mind) but yeh, in general if duke loses it's to a team on a roll.

Cameron
03-08-2007, 01:08 AM
^^True. But 9th seeded Eastern Michigan beat us when we were an 8th seed, which is not exactly the biggest of tournament flops. And Cal (which is the team I think you were referring to with "USC"), beat us with a very good Jason Kidd-led team, and I think he turned out to be a pretty decent NBA player, if I recall.

Carolina's two most nightmarish NCAA performaces in recent memory, however, have been losses to 14th seeded Weber State, when the Heels were a highly rated 3 seed, and to little George Mason from the Colonial Athletic Conference, when the Heels were also a 3 seed. Then add in a loss in the Second Round to a mediocre Penn State squad when the Heels were a 2 seed in '01 and you can clearly see their tournament failure has been much greater than our's in recent memory. That's why I never have understood their constant chatter about our Sweet 16 "troubles." At least we are getting their on a regualr basis, and not bowing out to cinderellas and mid-majors:)

Harold "The Show" Arceneaux just never gets old... What a great March rhyme. Thank you, Kevin Harlan.