PDA

View Full Version : Up and Coming Sport Media Folks

tfk53
07-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Saw this piece from The Big Lead about rising sport media personalities - ranks about 60 of them, many of which cover college basketball and NBA. Some are names we are already seeing and hearing from - others likely to become commonplace in next several years. Will be interesting to see how these folks do, especially with the changes going on in places like ESPN.

Local piece of interest - Tate Frazier at #32 from The Ringer is from Henderson, NC - just north of Durham and younger brother of my next door neighbor (who is also my son's law practice partner).

"Frazier is Bill Simmons’s producer. He also co-hosts the site’s college basketball podcast with Mark Titus, and is Michael Lombardi’s partner on the GM Street pod."

http://thebiglead.com/2017/07/17/40-under-40-sports-media-talents/

devildeac
07-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Saw this piece from The Big Lead about rising sport media personalities - ranks about 60 of them, many of which cover college basketball and NBA. Some are names we are already seeing and hearing from - others likely to become commonplace in next several years. Will be interesting to see how these folks do, especially with the changes going on in places like ESPN.

Local piece of interest - Tate Frazier at #32 from The Ringer is from Henderson, NC - just north of Durham and younger brother of my next door neighbor (who is also my son's law practice partner).

"Frazier is Bill Simmons’s producer. He also co-hosts the site’s college basketball podcast with Mark Titus, and is Michael Lombardi’s partner on the GM Street pod."

http://thebiglead.com/2017/07/17/40-under-40-sports-media-talents/

Hmmm, will have to investigate this one a bit more. My wife's from Henderson and we've got some good friends who live there and are connected with the newspaper/radio station/community college there.

tfk53
07-20-2017, 07:20 AM
Hmmm, will have to investigate this one a bit more. My wife's from Henderson and we've got some good friends who live there and are connected with the newspaper/radio station/community college there.

Devildeac - will send you a PM

Indoor66
07-20-2017, 07:59 AM

That sounds quite suspect to me. Do they know and collude with any Russians?

devildeac
07-20-2017, 10:08 AM
That sounds quite suspect to me. Do they know and collude with any Russians?

Wire you asking?

Dukehky
07-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Tate HATES Duke. He's actually pretty entertaining when he and Titus get going. Part of the Ringer's appeal is the allowance, even encouragement of rampant homerism, but you know, GTHC.

Plus, as a fairly young fella myself, gotta admit, pretty jealous of him. I feel like I could do what he does (even though I'm sure I probably couldn't, except for interjecting into Simmons podcasts with #freejahlil stuff).

kAzE
07-20-2017, 10:24 AM
Tate HATES Duke. He's actually pretty entertaining when he and Titus get going. Part of the Ringer's appeal is the allowance, even encouragement of rampant homerism, but you know, GTHC.

Plus, as a fairly young fella myself, gotta admit, pretty jealous of him. I feel like I could do what he does (even though I'm sure I probably couldn't, except for interjecting into Simmons podcasts with #freejahlil stuff).

I can't believe this guy is considered a "rising star" in sports media. I understand Bill Simmons' podcast is a pretty nice platform, but Tate has never once shown that he has any objectivity when it comes to his sports takes. I haven't checked out his podcast with Titus (and I have no desire to). I guess some people are into that, but Tate obviously doesn't ingratiate himself to Duke fans . . .

If there is one thing about the Ringer that I'm not a fan of is that they are decidedly not Duke friendly (Simmons loves to hate Duke as well).

luburch
07-20-2017, 10:34 AM
I can't believe this guy is considered a "rising star" in sports media. I understand Bill Simmons' podcast is a pretty nice platform, but Tate has never once shown that he has any objectivity when it comes to his sports takes. I haven't checked out his podcast with Titus (and I have no desire to). I guess some people are into that, but Tate obviously doesn't ingratiate himself to Duke fans . . .

If there is one thing about the Ringer that I'm not a fan of is that they are decidedly not Duke friendly (Simmons loves to hate Duke as well).

Titus is good on the podcast, but Tate adds very little (if any) value. I'm extremely surprised he is included on that list.

NSDukeFan
07-20-2017, 11:43 AM

With the changing media landscape, I'm not sure objectivity is high up on the necessary qualities for success. Unfortunately.

Green Wave Dukie
07-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Wire you asking?

What the Hillary is it to you?

Indoor66
07-20-2017, 01:20 PM
What the Hillary is it to you?

No but send a Bill.

devildeac
07-20-2017, 02:12 PM
No but send a Bill.

Hey, wait, I thought you were retired and can't tap that source any more.

Green Wave Dukie
07-20-2017, 09:06 PM
No but send a Bill.

Why you Putin stuff like that in this thread?

weezie
07-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Tate HATES Duke....

Yawn. So original.

BD80
07-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Yawn. So original.

Yep. That's what the media needs, a brave fresh voice, not afraid to be different.