Ima Facultiwyfe
07-03-2017, 05:37 AM
"Peak" or "peek" ??
Love, Ima

Troublemaker
07-03-2017, 06:08 AM
"Peak" or "peek" ??
Love, Ima

While I did notice the peek/peak swap in the title of the article, and it did bother me some, I thought we would be discussing something else from that article when I clicked on this thread. There was something in that article that made me cringe. Did anyone else have that reaction?

Here's the article for quick reference: http://www.bluestarmedia.org/cam-reddish-offers-usa-basketball-peak-future/

Here's the spoiler for anyone who doesn't want to read the article / play my game:

"I love playing for John."

Bob Green
07-03-2017, 06:35 AM
Writers don't write the headlines so that particular mistake is on the editor/publisher.

Dr. Rosenrosen
07-03-2017, 07:14 AM
In the meantime, that's quite a recruiting process Calipari has going there. Paging Mr. Wojnarski...

mgtr
07-03-2017, 07:18 AM
This article is shot through with errors which are either on the writer or the proofreader. Some are in quotes and some are not. One example: "route" used when the writer meant "rout." How many can you find?

rsvman
07-03-2017, 08:50 AM
This article is shot through with errors which are either on the writer or the proofreader. Some are in quotes and some are not. One example: "route" used when the writer meant "rout." How many can you find?

If you count lack of Oxford commas, a quick glance reveals about 25 errors.

CrazyNotCrazie
07-03-2017, 08:50 AM

Between the Calipari references at the end and the absolutely horrible copy editing, that article was really painful to read. It seems like Weiss typed it on an Egyptian computer and used a bad online translator to take it back to English.

sagegrouse
07-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Between the Calipari references at the end and the absolutely horrible copy editing, that article was really painful to read. It seems like Weiss typed it on an Egyptian computer and used a bad online translator to take it back to English.

As has been said previously, the internet may have made copy editing obsolete, but "obsolete" is not the same as "unnecessary."

Ima Facultiwyfe
07-03-2017, 10:26 AM
"They won that friendless easily ..." I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Love, Ima

Neals384
07-03-2017, 10:47 AM
"Cameron Reddish is a peak into the future of men’s basketball. The 6-7 point/forward from The Westtown School in suburban Philadelphia—who has a 7-1 wingspan and was one of the two best players in the Nike EBYL along with 6-10 Marvin Bagley III – has become the post child for increasingly positionless nature of the sport"

Post child?

Newton_14
07-03-2017, 10:50 AM
"They won that friendless easily ..." I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Love, Ima

Yeah that one jumped out at me too Ima. Weird..

Neals384
07-03-2017, 10:51 AM

You got me thinking. My best guess: Weiss sold his name to an Egyptian who wrote the article for translation and publication under Weiss' byline.

westwall
07-03-2017, 11:21 AM

Wow! I sea what your meen.

DukieInKansas
07-03-2017, 12:22 PM
"Cameron Reddish is a peak into the future of men’s basketball. The 6-7 point/forward from The Westtown School in suburban Philadelphia—who has a 7-1 wingspan and was one of the two best players in the Nike EBYL along with 6-10 Marvin Bagley III – has become the post child for increasingly positionless nature of the sport"

Post child?

If he is a post child, doesn't that mean he has a position? I would think that he was born to play the post.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
07-03-2017, 12:32 PM
If he is a post child, doesn't that mean he has a position? I would think that he was born to play the post.

Reminds me of the Stephen Colbert "I am a pole (and so can you)" book.

Rich
07-03-2017, 01:27 PM
My (serious) best guess is that he used dictation software without proofreading.

mgtr
07-03-2017, 01:54 PM
My (serious) best guess is that he used dictation software without proofreading.

Probably a terrific guess!

TKG
07-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Interesting that Reddish refers to Calipari as John. "I love playing for John." Cannot imagine him calling K Mike.

BandAlum83
07-03-2017, 04:48 PM

Being post-pubescent would, by definition, make him post child. Wouldn't it?