PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Holiday?

sue71, esq
07-02-2017, 02:34 PM
I just chimed in on the LTE that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (mmm, turkey), and thought I'd see what other folks consider their favorite. Post away!

mattman91
07-02-2017, 02:53 PM
I just chimed in on the LTE that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (mmm, turkey), and thought I'd see what other folks consider their favorite. Post away!

Definitely agree with Thanksgiving being number one. Best time of the year (fall, football, basketball), surrounded by family and delicious food.

Independence Day would probably be second because of freedom and such.

Tripping William
07-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Can Selection Sunday be declared a holiday? If so, I'll take that. If not, then Father's Day (a/k/a the final round of the US Open, and sometimes my birthday).

YmoBeThere
07-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Any holiday that comes with s day off...

DukieInKansas
07-02-2017, 07:46 PM
As a kid, I always liked Halloween better than Christmas.

Now, my favorite holiday is whichever one puts the most family together.

This past year, with Christmas on a Sunday, we put together thank you bags and delivered them to various places - hospitals, police stations, fire departments, hotel where a convention was happening. With a last minute determination that the PA contingent wouldn't be in KS, this event helped make the day better.

Devilwin
07-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Any holiday that comes with a day off (already mentioned) with the exception of Christmas.. As a Fedex driver, it's by an enormous number our least favorite holiday..But that may change with my impending October retirement..

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
07-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Thanksgiving, every day and twice on, uh, Thursdays.

mgtr
07-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Well, OK, I am old-fashioned, I like Christmas. Family, music, food. All good.

OldPhiKap
07-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Thanksgiving. Always at a predictable spot on the annual calendar; (almost) always four days off; the purpose is to eat well with family and fall asleep watching football. Love it.

Memorial Day, Fourth, Labor, and then Christmas in that order thereafter.

duketaylor
07-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Thanksgiving and Xmas are great. For me, 1st day (Thursday) of NCAA Tourney and Saturday of FF are at the top of my list. They prolly don't count, but they do to me.:cool:

Also, not a holiday, but Masters Sunday and US Open Sunday are way up there!!
Today, my twin boys were at Nats game in DC with their older sister, boys' 18th bday. Very special day!!!

mgtr
07-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Thanksgiving and Xmas are great. For me, 1st day (Thursday) of NCAA Tourney and Saturday of FF are at the top of my list. They prolly don't count, but they do to me.:cool:

Also, not a holiday, but Masters Sunday and US Open Sunday are way up there!!
Today, my twin boys were at Nats game in DC with their older sister, boys' 18th bday. Very special day!!!

I agree that Masters Sunday should be a holiday, and I have a few that I would be willing to X out in its stead!