PDA

View Full Version : Former Director of Duke Marching Band needs help

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Many of you may remember Neil Boumpani who directed the marching band and the pep band for many years. His wife has been disabled for some time and last year he became sick with a debilitating condition as yet not diagnosed. Neil used to work multiple jobs to earn enough money to cover the many expenses generated by his wife's medical needs. Now he's sick, too, and their money is running out. He's asked for help to raise money to cover the next couple of months, but it's not clear how they'll have enough money after that. A Go Fund Me account has been set up and the donations over the past couple of days have surpassed the modest goal of $6,000. I suspect Neil set the goal so low because asking for help in such a public way is difficult. I suspect it may also reflect how overwhelming the situation is.

If you'd like to help out this family with close ties to Duke, here's the link to do so:https://www.gofundme.com/u46pxf-trying-to-keep-our-home

weezie
06-23-2017, 10:05 AM
...If you'd like to help out this family with close ties to Duke, here's the link to do so:https://www.gofundme.com/u46pxf-trying-to-keep-our-home

All for one...

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-23-2017, 02:22 PM
For years, Neil Boumpani has worked multiple jobs in order to make ends meet. His wife has been disabled for a number of years and has many medical expenses which must be paid out of pocket. Now he finds himself too sick to take on multiple jobs to earn the money needed to keep going. Savings have already been used up. He anticipates that they will have to give up their home in the not too distant future. Neil gave so much to so many during is time as the band director at Duke, now he needs help from the rest of us. Please consider making even a small donation to help one of us who needs our help to keep going.

Richard Berg
06-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Ah, brings me back to evening practices behind Biddle, the smell of cherry-tobacco pipe smoke wafting across the barely 80yd "football" field. Get well my friend.